Quantcast

» «
Photo

Using Mods until new Scripthook

Best Answer BadBoyClub, 17 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Like you said, I backed up GTA/Launcher/Update.rpf/Social. Also like you said, that didn't work because steam_api64.dll got updated, but my other computer had a copy of that. Once I swapped all those back into my gta install dir, I can play SP/offline no problem. I also did block the R* ports (as detailed here).

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get a copy if the dll file & I'm good to go again, much appreciated Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic
BadBoyClub
  • BadBoyClub

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:08 PM Edited by BadBoyClub, 16 March 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Every time there's a steam update I always backup GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, update.rpf & Social-Club-Setup.exe, let it update then restore those file & can continue playing.

This time I did exactly the same but the game will not launch. I notice there's another file that got updated this time as well "steam_api64.dll"

Did I miss a file? How do I enable mods again until the scripthook update?

Thanks

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

I read about people turning their internet off after putting your backup launcher in. That might help you bro.

Sigfawn
  • Sigfawn

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:30 AM

Like you said, I backed up GTA/Launcher/Update.rpf/Social. Also like you said, that didn't work because steam_api64.dll got updated, but my other computer had a copy of that. Once I swapped all those back into my gta install dir, I can play SP/offline no problem. I also did block the R* ports (as detailed here).

Every time there's a steam update I always backup GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, update.rpf & Social-Club-Setup.exe, let it update then restore those file & can continue playing.

This time I did exactly the same but the game will not launch. I notice there's another file that got updated this time as well "steam_api64.dll"

Did I miss a file? How do I enable mods again until the scripthook update?

Thanks

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Actually you need to make a backup of three exe inmthe gtav directory + update.rpf, xopy them back, block the three exe from being able to communicate via firewall and you are back in business, this works for the warehouse version. Alternatively, you can add the twl new dlc's in dclist.xml so you can spawn the new vehicles.

BadBoyClub
  • BadBoyClub

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:03 AM   Best Answer Edited by BadBoyClub, 17 March 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get a copy if the dll file & I'm good to go again, much appreciated

BadBoyClub
  • BadBoyClub

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Alternatively, you can add the twl new dlc's in dclist.xml so you can spawn the new vehicles.

I got everything working again, very interested in how to do above though, is there a guide somewhere I can follow?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users