Quantcast

» «
Photo

What if Niko or Luis were killed off instead of Johnny?

41 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

Would Niko's death cause an even bigger backlash? Would anyone give a f*ck about Luis? I would've been equally as mad tbh. And like others have said countless times, it's not that he was killed off that pisses me off, it's the way they decided to do it. I mean, was it really necessary to have a protagonist kill another protagonist to prove he's an even bigger badass than him? Someone should ask R* that, and if they say yes, ask them: "So if I decide to make a game that's the same as GTA, does that mean I should kill you guys to prove that my GTA clone is better than your real-deal GTA?" Think about it.

So what about you guys?

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

It's just a dream.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

What would Niko or Luis be doing in Blaine County in the first place? With the way V shows Johnny it feels like Ashley got him back into the drugs(again) and everything spiraled out of control for the both of them, and I doubt Franklin/Michael could take on Luis or Niko.
  • Saganist, Cluckin' Bell, The Deadite and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

What would Niko or Luis be doing in Blaine County in the first place? With the way V shows Johnny it feels like Ashley got him back into the drugs(again) and everything spiraled out of control for the both of them, and I doubt Franklin/Michael could take on Luis or Niko.

The same could've done the same with Niko and Luis. N decided to do drugs to cope with Kate's death, and somehow ends up living in Blaine County. L decides to do it to cope with Margot commiting suicide, and yadayada. Silly, but we've seen that R* can make asinine decisions when it comes to writing.
  • Payne Killer likes this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:51 AM Edited by Mr. Fartenhate, 16 March 2017 - 04:52 AM.

the whole motivation for johnny's death was to set up a rivalry with the lost. same with killing ortega. they both had history with gangs, were leaders, and were competition for TPI. you might disagree with the fact johnny is there in the first place, but trevor's motivation was pretty justified. insane and unfounded, sure, but justified. he was ticked off and decided now was the time to strike, a lot of things going on at the same time, etc.

who gives a f*ck about backlash now. why would trevor kill niko in the first place? same with luis. there was a semblance of a reason for johnny to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but with niko there's literally no reason. he doesn't run a gang, he isn't a threat, and there's nothing he could've done to aggravate trevor.

johnny was mad because trevor was f*cking his girlfriend. why would niko be mad? he has no family that trevor could be antagonising, and roman can die so him being in town isn't an option. why would luis be mad? if he's in sandy shores, that means he abandoned all his ties in liberty (yusuf, tony, his mom, a & h, etc.)

so apart from this scenario making no sense, you bring up the backlash. would people care if niko or luis died? no sh*t.

also, they weren't trying to make trevor look badass. they were trying to make him look unhinged and volatile
  • Piggsy pls and The Deadite like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

Johnny wasn't sacrificed to make Trevor look awesome. I believe the Lost MC were killed off in V because TLAD didn't sell well.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:25 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 18 March 2017 - 06:50 PM.

I think the reaction would have been more or less the same if it were Luis. If it were Niko, the uproar would've been far greater. Rockstar knew better than to touch him, which is why I think they added those easter eggs implying he's alive and well, retired from criminal life.

I think the execution left a lot to be desired, because having an old protag and his faction become antagonist in a new game is an interesting idea, but simply reducing them to throwaway antagonists who get killed within their first appearance felt cheap. Johnny and The Lost should've been Trevor's main rivals.
  • Street Mix, vnus_dmlo, CartmanKusanagi and 5 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

I think the reaction would have been more or less the same if it were Luis.

Hah, good joke m8 :lol:

• Piggsy pls, Saganist, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 2 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

If it would be Niko who'd get killed during that mission, then I bet people would go even more berserk then it was the case with Johnny. I wouldn't bother watching a single video of GTAV and I'd sh*t on that game each time I'd see a slight mention of it :p if it is the case with Luis, eeeeh... some people would be pissed but some would be glad, I think. I wouldn't really mind it that much, I never liked Luis' character (that's why I'd like to see him one more time when he's older and without everyone bothering him).

• anthony likes this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Richest Man in Anime World

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

I don't see Luis running a nightclub on the desert :lol:, while Niko...he is even smarter than Johnny and Trevor, he would knock Trevor out.

I would be mad if Niko could be killed by Trevor, and if Luis is killed...meh, just to stop his suffering, Luis' life is definetely depressing.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

I think the reaction would have been more or less the same if it were Luis.

Hah, good joke m8 :lol:
I'm sure Luis has closet fans who would come out the woodwork for him if he got killed. :p
  • UltraGizmo64 and The Deadite like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:52 PM Edited by Cluckin' Bell, 16 March 2017 - 05:56 PM.

If Luis was killed, I don't think anybody would care.

However, if Niko was killed off, many people would badger R* with letters, emails, mail bombs, and videotaped suicides.

• NikoB.IV and bananaking13 like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City Survivor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

The point would still remain the same: these kind of stories don't have happy endings.

I would think it'd be both funny and sad how people could let stuff like this go to their heads.

They're just video game characters, and the most we can ever do about it really is just express our emotions.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

What upsets people the most about Johnny's death is the way he and The Lost are essentially treated like garbage and they don't matter. If Luis was killed off in that fashion I honestly don't think that many people would care because he's the least popular of the GTA IV/EFLC protagonists.

It would still be a horrible misuse, but IMO it wouldn't have the same backlash as Johnny/The Lost. As for Niko...that speaks for itself.

Take the backlash of Johnny/The Lost and turn it up by a factor of 20. The greatest GTA protagonist of all time getting killed by the worst. Not even R* had the balls to touch that.

• vnus_dmlo, anthony, Niobium and 5 others like this

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

The same could've done the same with Niko and Luis. N decided to do drugs to cope with Kate's death, and somehow ends up living in Blaine County. L decides to do it to cope with Margot commiting suicide, and yadayada. Silly, but we've seen that R* can make asinine decisions when it comes to writing.
Romans death, Niko served and thought alongside with his fellow brothers in arms to then have a rat set them up to be killed for money for heroine, and he was a bad ass in Gta 4, like Kates going to have that much of an impact like his brothers did, Romans death would destroy Niko and that would send him down a path making it easy for him to be killed.
Margot, she's crazy, I think Luis was scared of her and just wanted her to move on, he cared enough to save her but she died later on because she can't accept reality that her knight in shining armour didn't love her, if I was to break them both down id kill of Roman and Tony Prince or his Mom.

I think with killing Johnny they wanted an impact from introducing Trevor but Niko would be too controversial and I doubt any would be to bothered about Luis, also TLAD ends in a depressing manor losing everything and Johnny in V looks like he lost everything, he had everything and lost nearly everything and in V he lost himself.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Why would they be in San Andreas anyway?
  • slimeball supreme likes this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Real Criminal

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

Niko would've killed Trevor. And if it was Luis, I couldn't care less.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:15 PM Edited by bananaking13, 18 March 2017 - 12:20 PM.

The thing is, I seriously despise Johnny. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. He was cringeworthy and his drug addiction made him despisable for those who didn't despise him already. Trevor killing him was a good touch to show a "dark" part of the plot, to show that Rockstar are not afraid of killing anyone even one of their most beloved characters.

Niko would easily kill Trevor, Trevor's biggest achievement was pulling off heists. The GTA V Storyline was very weak, nothing special at all, it was the free roam/online that made it fun.

For Luis, it wouldn't fit his lifestyle to go to Blaine County but I still hated that bastard anyway and would have liked him dead. Huang Lee could have been killed but no one knows about him, even the pointless Triad leader had a bigger role in the GTA series. Huang Lee is a drug dealer that achieved nothing big.

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

If Luis was killed off it wouldnt be Trevor just another hot mentally unstable girl that had a one night stand with him, couldn't accept the fact he's a cold bastard who never loved any woman except his Mommy, tracked him down, tied him up in her basement and never heard of him ever again.

Niko would only return in Johnny's position as an assassin, someone didnt like Trevor, a rival gang who hires Niko for a large sum to make Trevor disappear, and failed to take him out and gets killed off in a big gun fight.

Johnny actually had history of drug abuse with Ashley before the events of TLAD and wanted to be away from Ashley so he wouldnt get pulled back into it, most of his brothers got killed and that made him mentally weaker easily succumbing to drug abuse and getting back with Ashley who got him to confront Trevor for repeatedly having sex with her, Trevor snapped and killed him in a fit of rage and then knew he had to take out the lost now before they find out and prepare for an attack.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

YOU ARE SO SMALL ITS FUNNY TO ME

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:14 PM Edited by The Deadite, 18 March 2017 - 06:46 PM.

If Luis was killed, I don't think anybody would care.

4482189-7923477540-wpid-.jpg

Johnny dying makes sense after TLAD's events but the execution per se was sh*t, Luis could appear and get killed in LS by either Franklin or the other cocksucker because of story reasons or something, but there's no logic in having him in Trevor's turf.

Niko in Southern San Andreas doesn't make sense at all period, there's literally no reason for him to be in V, so i can't see a way of him getting killed when he's retired on the other side of the country... unless *R it's deliberately looking to piss off fans.

E:

What upsets people the most about Johnny's death is the way he and The Lost are essentially treated like garbage and they don't matter...

The Lost MC where always treated like garbage, even in TLAD. It's ok if you are willing to ignore TLAD's storymode though.

What upsets people the most about Johnny's death is the way he and The Lost are essentially treated like garbage and they don't matter......As for Niko...that speaks for itself.
Take the backlash of Johnny/The Lost and turn it up by a factor of 20. The greatest GTA protagonist of all time getting killed by the worst. Not even R* had the balls to touch that.

Lol Michael could never kill Niko.
  • Tomasak, Femme Fatale, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Of course he can. Neither of them have free will, so if their creators wanted, they can make Michael kill Niko. But like you said, only if R* is literally trying to piss off their fans.

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Of course he can. Neither of them have free will, so if their creators wanted, they can make Michael kill Niko. But like you said, only if R* is literally trying to piss off their fans.

I can see why people can't see Micheal killing Niko, Micheal being a clean, out of shape(due to retirement)criminal mastermind compared to dirty, war hardened, in shape Niko Bellic, I think Niko would easily kick Micheals ass all over Rockford Hills. Niko is definitely in better shape, maybe it would be different if you gave them guns but Niko has an advantage in unarmed combat while Micheal has the advantage with firearms(bullet time ability)
  • The Deadite likes this

SOMEfnGUY
  • SOMEfnGUY

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by SOMEfnGUY, 18 March 2017 - 08:03 PM.

Johnny's death was perfect. Ultimately, Ashley got him killed in a way. His love for her and the meth was trouble. You don't walk into Trevor Philips territory and mouth off and think you can get away with it. Ashley is the one to blame here. She's a lying, cheating meth head.

Like Trevor said... "Man was weak for Ashley, weak for crystal, man was weak..."

Johnny's weakness and stupidity got him killed and the cutscene was brilliant. Rockstar wasn't afraid to kill off a major character. They definitely captured the "wow" and "shock" factor in that moment.
  • anthony, Payne Killer and DimitriFaustin like this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Dipsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

Niko- Mass rioting breaks out, R* HQ destroyed by rabid fans

Luis- *crickets* 

• MiamiViceCity, anthony, Niobium and 1 other like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:11 AM Edited by DIze, 19 March 2017 - 08:37 AM.

For example,

Luis went with his gf Cindy, his Dominician brothers Henrique & Armando & some other Dominician Drug Dealers to spend holidays.
Trevor met Cindy & drilled her. Luis saw this & got shot by trevor before taking out his Auto Shotgun. Cindy runs away.
Cindy calls Dessie & tells this. Dessie calls Tony & tells this. Tony calls Luis' mom & tells this. And Luis' mom calls Henrique & tells this. Henrique tells Armando about that. Armando calls for backup from LC & attacks Trevor. Now, Trevor had to eliminate all the Dominician Gangmen from Liberty.

Niko came to Blaine County with Lil JaCob, to deal meth with Trevor. They quarrel & Niko gets killed. Now, JaCob threatens T to take revenge. Trevor chases & kills JaCob too.

Karls
  • Karls

w00p

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

I honestly wouldn't have given a sh*t if Luis was killed off. Didn't like him as a character, but oh well.

If R* in some way would have killed off Niko, I'd be angry.

Also, I'm still pissed about them killing off Johnny K.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:46 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 19 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.

Yes, I can make my own fanfics happen too :p

• anthony, UltraGizmo64, Payne Killer and 3 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

I know some people who would accidentally kinda like Luis' death.

• Jeansowaty and StormBreaker like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:10 PM Edited by Niobium, 19 March 2017 - 09:22 PM.

i would not have been as mad if it were luis instead of johnny, but i would still be annoyed and would empathize with luis fans. i'd be even more angry if it was niko, but again, not as much as when it was johnny.

Johnny wasn't sacrificed to make Trevor look awesome. I believe the Lost MC were killed off in V because TLAD didn't sell well.

what a petty reason to kill off a character.
  • Femme Fatale, Cluckin' Bell and DOUGL4S1 like this

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:49 PM Edited by StormBreaker, 01 April 2017 - 01:49 PM.

We know how niko can dodge attacks and hit back, when those thugs try to kill roman in his depot and when bricks shows off his fight skills. So I am sure he would beat the hell outta Trevor. This should be featured in the next GTA (just for revenge for JK fans)
  • anthony, theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

I don't think Luis as a character has that many fans (even compared to Johnny), people like TBOGT but thats just because of the "fun" it offers.

So overall not that many would care if Luis was killed off. Niko is one of the most popular GTA Protagonists though so they wouldn't dare to kill him off. The few mentions/easter eggs we get are all positive too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users