Quantcast

» «
Photo

K-DST vs LRR vs LSRR

40 replies to this topic

Poll: K-DST vs LRR vs LSRR (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best classic rock station?

1. K-DST (23 votes [43.40%])

Percentage of vote: 43.40%

2. Liberty Rock Radio (28 votes [52.83%])

Percentage of vote: 52.83%

3. Los Santos Rock Radio (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

K-DST, Liberty Rock Radio, and Los Santos Rock Radio. All three of these have one thing in common: They're classic rock stations. But which one is the best? Personally, I think Liberty Rock Radio wins this battle. K-DST has a decent amount of songs that I enjoyed, like Runnin' Down a Dream, Smokin', Strutter, White Wedding, and of course, Free Bird. But LRR has a far more superior selection of songs, including Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, Maiden, AC/DC, and Highway Star(which is perfect for when you're riding Johnny's bike). And LSRR, well, to quote B Dawg, "it's sissy rock :p !"

So what about you guys? :)

• anthony, Payne Killer and Brian Grey like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:34 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 15 March 2017 - 02:21 AM.

Both K-DST and LRR are amazing, but I think I liked Iggy more than Tommy. Didn't listened too much of LSRR to know if it is better, but so far I'm quite liking it.

Clicked on Seventh Star's video and now I'm conflicted.

Here's the thing: LRR feels like a real station, they don't have the rights to play only the best songs of the best artists because they're expensive, so they either pick the best from not-so-famous artists or not-the-best from famous artists, and there's tons of good music there. But K-DST just hits the nostalgic strings...

Iggy's comments are really quite funny while Tommy just complains that the past was better. Might be true but gets boring after a while.

Oh, and Axl Rose and Guns are in K-DST.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

For me, it's a two-way tie between K-DST and Los Santos Rock Radio. I'm sorry, but Iggy Pop kind of ruined Liberty Rock Radio for me, not to mention that there were a lot of songs

on that station that belonged on other radio stations. Rockstar could have come up with a lot more songs for LRR that fit the scene. It sure seemed like LRR was more of a "filler" station

for all the songs Rockstar felt didn't belong on all the others. I only enjoyed a handful of songs on IV's LRR, as EFLC's LRR was somewhat better.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

The Dust. I always listened to that channel while flying aircrafts in SA.
  • anthony, ten-a-penny, Pastry and 3 others like this

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

Let's have a little drinkypoo.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

Liberty Rock Radio. The fact that they had Iggy Pop, the real iggy pop, being the nutcase he is, makes it 10/10

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:19 AM Edited by Yinepi, 15 March 2017 - 01:39 AM.

I'm not really big fan of rock music, but I enjoyed GTAIV (only original IV, Not EFLC. I very much dislike the EFLC version.) Liberty Rock Radio the most of these three because it feels professional and like a real rock radio would sound, and also it has a great balance between the songs sounding not too heavy, but not too soft.

K-DST (like EFLC Libery Rock) feels unprofessionally done because of its song choices, they sound like something Peter Griffin would mix together on his iPhone playlist. And honestly, the DJ on K-DST does not offer any stimulation and simply lives in pessimism and denial causing him to be annoying rather than funny.

Los Santos Rock Radio lacks appealing content and has really boring DJ personality with an uninteresting boat theme. The radio, as with many GTA5 radios, just feels uninspired and cliche. As if Rockstar just took every "yacht rock" stereotype and shoved them together.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

K-DST and LRR are the best. LSRR is sh*t, Kenny Loggins is sh*t.
  • Shenmue18, anthony and Actlikeyouknow like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:01 AM Edited by anthony, 15 March 2017 - 07:09 AM.

I love Liberty rock radio as much as K-DST, but I voted K-DST because of the songs they play on it and especially because I have so much memories on GTA San andreas with this radio. I don't remember a single songs of Los Santos rock radio tho, it's just blank in my head. I do remember that except a few songs that I found really amazing, GTA 5 radios are the worst in the series.
  • Shenmue18, Payne Killer and Actlikeyouknow like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:44 AM

LRR > K-DST > LSRR.
  • Actlikeyouknow and AmigaMix like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

LSRR is pretty good, at least its next gen playlist is. That actually made it feel somewhat like a classic rock station.

KDST was pretty good too, but I felt like some of the songs didn't need to be there (Somebody up there, woman to woman, etc) along with songs too recent for the games setting to be classic rock, but idk, it's the best out of the three.
  • Pastry, Actlikeyouknow and DimitriFaustin like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

the chiropractor

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:48 AM Edited by Mr. Fartenhate, 15 March 2017 - 08:49 AM.

Goodbye Horses, New York Groove, One Vision, Edge of Seventeen, so on... LRR, easy.

K-DST and LSRR had really good tracks but the ones on LRR just stuck with me. That's the thing.

also iggy pop
  • straightupmenace and Actlikeyouknow like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

Liberty Rock Radio, especially the TLAD version. Easily the best rock radio station in the series.

• Piggsy pls and Actlikeyouknow like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

Liberty Rock Radio

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

1. LRR

2. K-DST

3. LSRR

• Payne Killer, Actlikeyouknow and AmigaMix like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:47 AM Edited by Tycek, 15 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

LRR for me as well, it was already good in IV, but with TLaD it easily became the best rock radio station in GTA series.

I liked K-DST, but unfortunately, it became quite tiring as most of the SA radio stations for me.

LSRR seems like R* had never an idea for it and they mixed Power Pop with Rock with psychedelic music (Ogden Nut Gone Flake for example) and while it wasn't bad as a whole it lacked identity, which made both KDS-T and LRR so great. I would prefer if R* continued their idea from previous games to make a radio station representing some period of time (like LRR was mostly playing '70s rock) and turn LSRR into modern rendition of V-Rock, with '80s rock.

Also not to be picky, but maybe we should have a poll with other rock radio stations (V-Rock, Channel X, etc.) as well to cover the whole topic. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

GTA4 radio earraped me so hard I never even listen to it. GTAV I only listen to Radio Mirror Park (RMP) and LSRR (and even then, its rare). GTA:SA, on the other hand.... K-DST made it nigh impossible to enjoy any other station in the game even if I tried. Back when I was a kid all I listened to was Playback FM, later it became WCTR and some songs all across the board. Now? K-DST or gtfo.

Easy. K-DST. I'll take that radio station over every GTA radio. Ever. Not even RMP tops the list. K-DST > everything else.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

How the f*ck LRR wins. K-DST is much better

I pick K-DST, best radio station of all radios in GTA.

• Sunrise Driver likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

How the f*ck LRR wins. K-DST is much better

Because people don't have to share your opinions.

OT: LRR is the best of these three radio station, both in IV and TLaD, even though IV's LRR was kinda messed up with those 1990s rock songs. K-DST was created as a "rock music to cruise to" type station and Rockstar made it good. The only disadvantage is the fact we have late 80s stuff (you have songs from the same period of time on Radio X, a modern rock station). LSRR isn't that bad, but there are few songs that shouldn't have been there ("Circle in the Sand" for example).
  • Algonquin Assassin, eCola and Actlikeyouknow like this

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

You're wrong, only Axl is present in K-DST as the voice of Tommy. GNR's song is featured in Radio X.

All three stations are good, but if I had to sort them by preference it would be LRR > K-DST > LSRR.

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Lone Drifter

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by Loosestring, 15 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.

K-DST > LRR > LSRR

With the huge majority of 70's rock bits on it, K-DST is the radio station that gives the feeling of "classic rock" the most. Sure, there are some songs that seem a little bit out-of-blue (like "Runnin' Down a Dream" by Tom Petty which was released in 1989. It's a little bit weird to include it in an early 90's classic rock radio but I like the song a bunch nevertheless) but in general, K-DST was gas. 

Liberty Rock Radio has far better soundtrack in general, with kickass songs like "The Seeker" by The Who, "Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath, "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by The Stooges, "Jailbreak" by Thin Lizzy. However, some 90's rock bits by R.E.M, The Smashing Pumpkins which I always consider to be Alternative Rock and Grunge although they might be classified as "Classic Rock" with 2008's perspective. After TLAD came out, the station included songs like "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi, "Wild Side" by Mötley Crüe", Touch Too Much" by AC/DC, "Highway Star" by Deep Purple, "Lord of the Thighs" by Aerosmith all of which exactly define my taste of music. Yeah, and also we have Iggy Pop as the DJ, what else is needed to make it even cooler?

Even though there were some good songs in it, I honestly wasn't too keen on LSRR . So this makes it a head-to-head race between K-DST and LRR. In short, I'd say LRR has a much cooler soundtrack but K-DST was way better at drawing the picture of a classic rock station. So my vote goes to K-DST.

• ten-a-penny likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

You're wrong, only Axl is present in K-DST as the voice of Tommy. GNR's song is featured in Radio X.

All three stations are good, but if I had to sort them by preference it would be LRR > K-DST > LSRR.

Woops! Still a good station. It's hard for me to decide, so LRR + K-DST >> LSRR

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

Liberty Rock Radio, especially the TLAD version. Easily the best rock radio station in the series.

This, definitely. Well, that and Radio X.

K-DST was also very good, though. LSRR had some nice songs, but the tracklist was all over the place, and contained too much soft rock. Say what you want but IMO Vinewood Boulevard Radio and Channel X were far better as rock stations.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

^ Channel X? Before I embarrass myself, I'm referring to GTAV, not SA. I always keep getting confused between Radio X and Channel X, in this case I'm talking about GTAV.

Eww, its on my "worst GTA radio stations EVER" list. Alongside just about every GTA4 radio station. EARRAPE! K-DST, Radio Mirror Park, Playback FM, WCTR (GTA:SA) & LLRR 4lyf.

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:49 PM Edited by Brian Grey, 15 March 2017 - 06:50 PM.

I may prefer to listen to Liberty City Hardcore when causing mayhem but LRR is the station I listen to on TLAD when calmly cruise through Alderney and Liberty City.

Also i prefer Liberty Rock Radio over Los Santos Radio Rock, LSRR is the most bearable rock station in V but its my least favourite out of the 3 Achlys has mentioned in this topic

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

^ Channel X? Before I embarrass myself, I'm referring to GTAV, not SA. I always keep getting confused between Radio X and Channel X, in this case I'm talking about GTAV.

Eww, its on my "worst GTA radio stations EVER" list. Alongside just about every GTA4 radio station. EARRAPE! K-DST, Radio Mirror Park, Playback FM, WCTR (GTA:SA) & LLRR 4lyf.

I don't like punk but it's more consistent at least, unlike LSRR. That station is just boring.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:28 PM Edited by Johnny Spaz, 15 March 2017 - 08:28 PM.

1. Liberty Rock Radio
2. K-DST

LSRR(I feel like its disrespecting the greatness of the other radio stations by comparing this trash to them.)

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Lsrr is sh*te.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

LSRR should have stuck to its original guns of being a psychedelic Rock Station instead of what it turned into, I guess that's what happens when projects drag out for years and music rights go all over the place.
  • Tycek and Piggsy pls like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

LSRR should have stuck to its original guns of being a psychedelic Rock Station instead of what it turned into, I guess that's what happens when projects drag out for years and music rights go all over the place.

Was it really originally a psychedelic rock station, though? Looking at the list of cut songs, it looked like it would've been more like LRR from IV, with some 90's rock, only less hard and more soul-oriented.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

Was it really originally a psychedelic rock station, though? Looking at the list of cut songs, it looked like it would've been more like LRR from IV, with some 90's rock, only less hard and more soul-oriented.

Remember that the list of cut songs have no radio station placement, the lists you see around the internet are people GUESSING what songs should be on which station. Then it was later revealed that there were MORE cut stations later down the line which fit better for the songs people GUESSED would be on the final set of stations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users