Autosave

7 replies to this topic
yomum21
  • yomum21

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

I think that the site should have an option where you can put save what you had written before when creating a new topic or post. Yes I know, there is an auto save option, but I think that when we click it, it should load up what we wrote last time before actually publishing it. This is good because when I write 1 hour post on my computer, my computer sometimes reboots and then I have to wait 10 min for it, and then I lose what I wrote before and decide to not write anymore of the post. I will like something like this urgently. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

T鄝鄚 Maailman Ruhtinaan Hovi

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

You could always use notepad or something to write in.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:55 AM Edited by Ai家妯b家, 14 March 2017 - 02:56 AM.

The site kind of does have an auto save feature, although i'm not sure how long it says saved and what circumstances would get it to save as a simple reload of a page doesn't save it but it seems if you accidentally close the site or page it does save it

441b1d42d64f2ee4e24a3896f4f5cdc0.gif

• Android and SA's Most Wanted like this

yomum21
  • yomum21

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Vbuletin has a feature like the one I'm talking about. And after 10 min, it doesn't autosave

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Members
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

I believe a staff mentioned somewhere that although the feature is there, it isn't functional. As a result the data isn't stored on the Forum server. Your best bet is to store it in Notepad like sivi mentioned.

yomum21
  • yomum21

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

I believe a staff mentioned somewhere that although the feature is there, it isn't functional. As a result the data isn't stored on the Forum server. Your best bet is to store it in Notepad like sivi mentioned.

I do, but it takes 2 hours to write, but then once I reload a tab, I have to write 2 hours worth of work. That gets extremmely annoying

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Members
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

I do, but it takes 2 hours to write, but then once I reload a tab, I have to write 2 hours worth of work. That gets extremmely annoying
It gives you a good reason to save your work on between if the topic is worth that much of writing. The feature doesn't work for now. So, I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

yomum21
  • yomum21

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

It gives you a good reason to save your work on between if the topic is worth that much of writing. The feature doesn't work for now. So, I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

I know, just saying for future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users