Photo

Piracy Prevention Tips

14 replies to this topic
flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Rat

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:38 AM Edited by flexcreator, 17 March 2017 - 10:18 PM.

Everytime I see someone doing Piracy Prevention - players do nothing but waiting on the Yacht.
I don't see it productive.

First, you don't have to stay on the Yacht. You can go anywhere you want. Just look at the map from time to time. If you notice the Yacht is going to be captured - you can kill yourself and respawn back on the Yacht instantly.

But I advise against defending - there is a nasty bug introduced after I/E that causes opponents to respawn right on your Yacht after you kill them. This will result in neverending combat that will drain your ammo very quickly (which will cut into the profits)

EDIT: It's possible to prevent the respawn by changing/refreshing your Yacht access settings.

You can try to bring armed vehicles like Tanks, Armored Limos to the Yacht - but all of these will be blown up after a while. The most consistent results can be achieved using Hydra (check the video)

I think the best strategy to defend a Yacht is not to defend it at all. Consider it as a sort of potential passive income. If you are interested in freeroaming - start the mission, place a proximity mine to the Yellow area and do what you enjoy. If the Yacht is captured - no big deal, since it's not your priority anyway.

If you don't have associates, you can also create the solo public session, so no players will be left to capture the Yacht. But I personally don't do that.

The mission doesn't restrict you from shopping in Ammu-Nation.
Also, you can rob a store the moment before the mission ends - no cops will chase you.

Be creative, don't just blindly follow the game objectives!

More details can be found in the video:
  • size_m and HalfOfAKebab like this

Jackie_R
  • Jackie_R

Foxhole Buddy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

I usually start it up and clear the lobby (easy 30k). Of course, sometimes it's fun to wait for people to actually get on the yacht and then clear the lobby. The thought of the yacht simply disappearing leaving them stranded in the ocean (at least that is what I think happens on their screen) makes me smile.
  • kovaandr likes this

size_m
  • size_m

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:21 PM Edited by size_m, 14 March 2017 - 09:21 PM.

nice tipps op, thanks!

@jackie,

nice idea, but as far as i know the yacht doesn't disappear immediately if anybody is close to it.

• Jackie_R likes this

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Just start it, lag out and go about your business.
Thats what I do. Easy 30k while peacefully robbing stores.

wosniies
  • wosniies

Rockstar Editor/Freeroamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Everytime I see someone doing Piracy Prevention - players do nothing but waiting on the Yacht.
I don't see it productive.

First, you don't have to stay on the Yacht. You can go anywhere you want. Just look at the map from time to time. If you notice the Yacht is going to be captured - you can kill yourself and respawn back on the Yacht instantly.

But I advise against defending - there is a nasty bug introduced after I/E that causes opponents to respawn right on your Yacht after you kill them. This will result in neverending combat that will drain your ammo very quickly (which will cut into the profits)

You can try to bring armed vehicles like Tanks, Armored Limos to the Yacht - but all of these will be blown up after a while. The most consistent results can be achieved using Hydra (check the video)

I think the best strategy to defend a Yacht is not to defend it at all. Consider it as a sort of potential passive income. If you are interested in freeroaming - start the mission, place a proximity mine to the Yellow area and do what you enjoy. If the Yacht is captured - no big deal, since it's not your priority anyway.

If you don't have associates, you can also create the solo public session, so no players will be left to capture the Yacht. But I personally don't do that.

The mission doesn't restrict you from shopping in Ammu-Nation.
Also, you can rob a store the moment before the mission ends - no cops will chase you.

Be creative, don't just blindly follow the game objectives!

More details can be found in the video:

I think the yacht spawn is an issue that started lately. Before I enjoyed piracy prevention, simply to have some sniper fun with the ones who spawned on the beach, but the fun stopped when all of sudden they spawned on the yacht because they managed to get there once. And if someone team up and are in the same CEO then you all of sudden have four people spawning and killing you, and simply captures the area. Even worse because you spawn on the bottom of the boat and are in an evil circle of being RPGd by the others. 

AbeePoo89
  • AbeePoo89

Merle Abrahams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

I kind of like it when they spawn on the boat now, because then they're trapped there with me all jacked up on BST brandishing my trusty auto-shotty.

I might be an exception to the norm though as PVP, especially close-quarters PVP; is something I find to be highly enjoyable in this game.

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Nobody will ever attack you, people stay on the Yacht because they went AFK.
Fortified is better. 3 minutes longer, same payout, solo, can be started everywhere. Just don't go to the Boxville.

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Respawn solution: http://gtaforums.com/topic/875939-piracy-prevention-changes-or-bug/page-2#entry1069334097 

• flexcreator likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Rat

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:14 PM Edited by flexcreator, 17 March 2017 - 10:15 PM.

^

Wow. Thank you!

Will adjust the original post

• joel15cat likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have had 90-95 pct success w it usually run in low pop lobby but even then u never know. It's great way use yacht make money.

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mine is docked in Paleto Bay at all times, not only is this ususally a low populated area but it also takes half the 10 minutes to get out there by road. Players also get discourage when the see how far they have to travel to participate. Usually a troll or 2 will find there way out there, and eventually a jet will appear, but you have ample time to prepare, have you or whoever with you call Lester and go off Radar and spam homing rockets til problem solved.

Didn't know you could start this in a solo session, I know it can be complete after a lobby lag out, but I tried when it was first introduced and remember I got a "theres no rival organization to start this VIP job" message

UNST3RBLICH
  • UNST3RBLICH

Dead King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Using a jet to defend during Piracy Prevent seems like a pretty horrible idea tbh unless you're a pretty good pilot. Otherwise you're going to be shot down, or at the very least all they have to do is whip out the RPG and hit you during your loop around if they have any sense.

Not only that, this assumes there is only one person trying to capture the yacht. If it's a group of people, especially a crew in communication with each other such as TS, and you're alone, then you're more than likely going to lose. Dropping BST it only takes about 2-3 heavy sniper shots to bring down a hydra, and you'll have a hard time getting strafes in if you're constantly having to evade homing rockets. That doesn't even take into account the new amphibious Technical which will shred a hydra very quickly.

Diversions are a pretty big success tactic for capturing yachts, and knowing that is a pretty good success tactic for defending against them. All of that is pretty pointless if you're defending alone against a group.

Proxy the yellow area and space some more out. Use Extended Radar and maintain map awareness. Snipe out any potential threats before they have a chance to even make it to the ship. If you have even one or two other people with you, this makes it a lot easier.

Also, anyone who doesn't Ghost Org or go Off Radar before going for a yacht is setting themselves up for failure.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Rat

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Using a jet to defend during Piracy Prevent seems like a pretty horrible idea tbh unless you're a pretty good pilot. Otherwise you're going to be shot down, or at the very least all they have to do is whip out the RPG and hit you during your loop around if they have any sense.

There are 3 skills required from a pilot

- The ability to use cannons instead of rockets.

- The ability to evade homing missles

- The ability to stay above the opponent 

Well, even if you get hit in a jet - you still respawn on the Yacht, so there is nothing to lose.

Not only that, this assumes there is only one person trying to capture the yacht. 

Not nessesery. You can still manage the group of opponents, I do agree it's much harder. You just need to set the priorities. I usually just fly above their heads, so sniper rifle is useless. If one takes a jetski or a heli - take it down asap and move back to the initial position. If they go off the radar or use Ghost, you can still track their position by waves on the water. Swimming underwater also doesn't save you from a jet.

Also, the jet allows you to be proactive and prevent attacks in the first place. Check the map from time to time. If there is a heli with a group of people flying towards your direction - take it down on the way to the Yacht. In this way they don't respawn on a shore - it will buy you some time.

A player can take down Insurgents, tanks, pretty much everything that moves on the ground with a Jet. Why should be scared of Amphibious Technical?

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Hopefully not your father

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly just make sure you got a hydra and shoot down anyone going for a helipad(thus maybe getting a jet) and get everyone far away from the coast you are near at.

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

PS4 Method:

Start PP.

Chill in hot tub with map up.

If other players approach go to PS menu, settings, date & time, set date & time manually, change year to 2018 and save

back out and re-enter game for 3-5 seconds

go back to PS menu and reset date to correct year

When you get back in the game, all other players have left the session.

Continue to relax in hot tub.

collect $30,000.

Fin.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users