Fixed version of 69.9.5.2?

14 replies to this topic
83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

In moddb it says: "Warning!! Unlike other releases this version has many bugs that I know about and did not want to fix just yet. Why you might ask? I will be making a tutorial on how to fix these bugs and hopefully get people involved in how this version works as there has been a lot of changes in the files. This release is a work in progress as there are major parts missing like Midway and bits around Vice City this will get finished in time."

Was a fixed version of 69.9 ever released? If not, where is the tutorial on how to do it?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:58 PM Edited by X-Seti, 12 March 2017 - 05:59 PM.

Hello.

I've been away from the project for a bit. (Hardware issues) but I plan to finish SOL RW version in time. 

Latest is here. 69.9.9 replaces 69.9.5.2

http://www.ukscifi.n...rongeAsBull).7z
https://drive.google...ZUJkTHg1cFluYzQ

if these come with cleo, remove the cleo.asi/dll as this doesn't work on any linux with (wine)

The developer of cleo didn't foresee his .asi/dll hooks being used this way. Only the standard vc version on windows.

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

Thank you very much! :)

Glad to hear SOL RW won't be left behind

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Requested access for second link

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

http://www.ukscifi.n....9 cleo.zip.rar

Remember! Remove the cleo asi/dll as this will not work.

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

I tried to play time ago with wine in MX Linux and got an Unhandled Exeption error right at the start... Supposed it was a wine compatibility error. Today I installed Windows 7 on another partition, tried to play the game and the same thing happened: https://s9.postimg.o...i7/Untitled.png

Files from the last link you provided are already installed

:/

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

The files do work, last tested on wine 1.8 Ubuntu Mate 64 bit.

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:34 AM Edited by 83.0b.et, 05 April 2017 - 03:24 AM.

I installed GTA Vice City from original cds (they are not scratched, good condition), including radio stations, and then copied to the root folder the decompressed files from both archives you posted, in posting order. Is this the correct way to install? It's weird that it's crashing even on Windows 7

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

I'll re-release the files again shortly including the up to date hacks.

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:30 AM

Great! Will test as soon as these are uploaded

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

Will you re-release the files with the updated hacks soon?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

I want to release but not how things are.

Take2/ *R's issues with OpenIV also impact this projects development on the map from here on out.

I started to remodeling Vice City a year ago knowing there could be future issues where other cities will soon be remade that would follow. I also aired my views to the board admins  /community about cross porting of Take2/R* IP to other game engines. My post logs wiill show this.

Talking about SOL! I am one person working on a very big project. 1 of 3 projects, in fact.

Two of the other projects (Img Factory [KGM]) Mex had abandoned so I've had to pick things up there as well and adopting Kams scripts so I can solve SOL's endless bugs in the model..dff/.col export issue.

As for me.I am currently in and out of hospital right now so time is tight. I will add more to this soon.

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:47 AM Edited by 83.0b.et, 18 July 2017 - 08:30 PM.

I'm very sorry to hear you have been in and out of hospital. Hope you get better soon! Improving your health must be your priority

Regarding SOL: It's a pity that nobody with skills (apart from you) is interested in SOL and the other 2 projects to contribute... But I think is great that you are interested enough in the project to keep going even when you are alone and can only progress very slowly. Maybe you should do a kickstarter? Maybe we are a minority, but there is people who doesn't have skills to help in the project but may want to help with money (I'd love to donate if I had the money, but I'm unemployed right now). Also it's a shame that Rockstar has issues with users modding their games, maybe releasing the mods under other name and behind a VPN could be a solution to avoid legal problems?

I understand the full remodeling of Vice City and other areas can take many years or never be 100% complete, but it would be great if at least we could have a working SOL in Vice City engine with vanilla, unmodified cities (VC, LC, LS, LV, SF). Do you also suffer from the Unhandled Exeption error I posted months ago? Or is it because of some kind of corrupt file in your upload? (I'm 100% sure I downloaded and correctly decompressed all the files in the correct folder. Game worked right before installing SOL. Tried deleting everything and reinstalling several times, and always ended up with unhandled exeption errors...)

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:55 PM Edited by X-Seti, 20 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

I'm very sorry to hear you have been in and out of hospital. Hope you get better soon! Improving your health must be your priority

Again thank you for your support m8, This goes along way.

full remodeling of Vice City

Maybe you should do a kickstarter? Maybe we are a minority, but there is people who doesn't have skills to help in the project but may want to help with money (I'd love to donate if I had the money, but I'm unemployed right now)

One of the terms within the agreement made with R many years ago, around (2004). I can not in anyway make a profit from this project what so ever. this project was only meant to last for about 10 years with the computer equipment I brought before I started with project.

This was never about money. Just an idea that evolved over time for educational and research. Where others that could have helped might have gained or offers their skills. the same goes for me - I don't know everything as computer technology has moved on a lot since my old Commodore Amiga days.

full remodeling of Vice City. etc

This is now more important then ever so we have no conflicts with Rockstar IP. I started remodeling a year ago anyway knowing there could be an issue down the line. and yes it's going to take a long time to complete but time isn't a problem for me.

it's a shame that Rockstar has issues with users modding their games,

I do not see that a problem really. R has ever right to protect it's IP.. more so when they rely on that IP (GTA Online) to make money for continued development of future games.

http://gtaforums.com...and-d-as-oh-my/

It's the hackers and cheaters on line i have issues with.

Do you also suffer from the Unhandled Exeption error I posted months ago

Oddly no. could be issues between 7z and versions of Winrar where no everything gets unpacked currently.

I could start using wincab and have a proper windows installer? 

83.0b.et
  • 83.0b.et

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:02 AM Edited by 83.0b.et, 23 July 2017 - 11:40 PM.

You're welcome, thank you very much for sharing your work and for taking some time to post here even if you're not feeling well, it's greatly appreciated

I do not see that a problem really. R has ever right to protect it's IP.. more so when they rely on that IP (GTA Online) to make money for continued development of future games.

Of course they have every right to protect it's IP, but hackers don't care about legal aspects and will keep hacking and if they are smart, also do it with complete anonymity so they are never caught in the legal system. Disallowing single player map conversions to IV and V only affects the modding community, and won't help in any way to stop the hacking problem

Oddly no. could be issues between 7z and versions of Winrar where no everything gets unpacked currently.

I could start using wincab and have a proper windows installer? 

Old Winrar versions are know to cause problems when decompressing 7z files (I think that was fixed)... But I used the latest 7zip release under Windows :/. These were the steps I followed:

1.-Install Vice City

2.-Check if it runs ok (started a new game and it did)

3.-Decompress GTA SOL 69.9.9.2, downloaded from the link you provided in this thread (with 7zip under Windows, decompression gave no CRC errors)

4.-Move decompressed files to Vice City installation folder, clicking yes to all when windows explorer ask to overwrite files/merge folders

5.-Check if it runs ok. It crashed seconds atert starting a new game (https://s9.postimg.o...i7/Untitled.png)

6.-Install updated hacks (SOLhacks69.9.9+cleo.zip) from the last link you provided in this thread

7.-Try again (crashed again, seconds after starting a new game)

8.-Tried deleting VC.CLEO.asi and the CLEO folder. It still crashed 

Tried the whole process many times with the same results. Had no problems installing other mods like BttF, Vice Cry, Long Night, Starman Mod, etc.

Earlier versions of Renderware SOL worked mostly fine for me, there were crashes too but not immediately after starting the new game, I could play for several minutes

P.S.: Glad to see http://www.ukscifi.net is back online! 

Edit: the 69.9.9.2 version you posted in this thread crashes in my pc, but 69.9.9 from here: http://www.ukscifi.n...php?topic=500.0(http://www.ukscifi.net/gtatools/GTASOLBeta69.9.9(StrongeAsBull).7z) works great.

Currently I'm playing with 69.9.9 + SOLhacks69.9.9+cleo.zip. Updated hacks in 69.9.9 only work if you delete VC.CLEO.asi and the CLEO folder, otherwise games gives an opcode error.

What are the differences between GTASOLBeta69.9.9(StrongeAsBull).7z and GTASOLBeta69.9.9.2(StrongeAsBull).7z?

Did you test downloading GTASOLBeta69.9.9.2(StrongeAsBull).7z file and running it on your pc? If you didn't maybe that could mean your local mod files are working fine but somehow the ones which were uploaded could be messed up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users