Quantcast

» «
Photo

MOTW #60

77 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTW #60 (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favourite mission

1. Panthers:Gang Land (Target 13) (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Robbery (Aflien) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. S.W.A.T (Roxie) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Ballas Problem (whateven) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Dawnlock (Delaware) (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

6. Desperate Act (Galactic) (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

7. Abduction Choas (Aftab) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
Aflien
  • Aflien

aka Nyhhichi

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

T13, That was a good move.

Felt good to read the review. (Something I always feel lacking in my work. Especially full reviews...)(( Still waiting for any feedback on the EoaE ending. No one commented it. Srsly... Its been months.))

It was supposed to be a bank robbery. My mistake not mentioning it once.

It has become hard for me to squeeze a story in one mission, older I get, so I just rolled with minimal story. You are in the situation, you have no idea what is happening. To survive you listen and kill.

I could have done so much more. I admit.

I was feeling pretty down while doing it. I dropped all plans and just put stuff I liked in the moment.

I most likely wouldn't even made a mission if I didn't make a promise.

You kickstarted my creative spirit right now with the review. Thank you T13.

• Huzaifa khan likes this

whateven
  • whateven

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by whateven, 2 weeks ago.

I guess I'll just put my next storyline mission into this MOTW, expect it tomorrow. At least i'll try my best.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 2 weeks ago

T13, That was a good move.

Felt good to read the review. (Something I always feel lacking in my work. Especially full reviews...)(( Still waiting for any feedback on the EoaE ending. No one commented it. Srsly... Its been months.))

It was supposed to be a bank robbery. My mistake not mentioning it once.

It has become hard for me to squeeze a story in one mission, older I get, so I just rolled with minimal story. You are in the situation, you have no idea what is happening. To survive you listen and kill.

I could have done so much more. I admit.

I was feeling pretty down while doing it. I dropped all plans and just put stuff I liked in the moment.

I most likely wouldn't even made a mission if I didn't make a promise.

You kickstarted my creative spirit right now with the review. Thank you T13.

Don't mention it, man. It's the least I can do after you let me win MOTW #4 back in '13

whateven
  • whateven

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Coumt me in: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46756

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Balla Problem by whateven

Balla Problem had the potential of being an entertaining, funny and long mission. It managed to be funny and long, but not entertaining. Instead it is frustrating. Just like Roxie's S.W.A.T, you find yourself in a Motel infested with Ballas and you must make your way out shooting everyone in in your way.

The cutscenes, animations and dialogue are one of the best I've ever seen in DYOM. Yeah really. But what brings this mission down is the absurdly powerful enemies with overpowered weapons. There is literally a part where you are supposed to fight an overpowered mini-gun wielding Balla using only a pistol or Micro-SMG.

As you make your way through a well thought out map, you are forced to fight this 'headshot off' enemies with 500 or more health points, which I can guarantee isn't fun what so ever.

The story never explains itself, it's just CJ and Ryder in the middle of things with no explanation to why they are being attacked. Aflien's Robbery sticks to it's minimalist story and thus doesn't have deep character conversations or diverse cutscenes. Balla Problem however, has all that and still doesn't explains itself well.

The one thing that could have given this mission a good score, was brought down by the overpowered enemies. I really wish I had better things to say about this mission.

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2016 [Code Of Silence]

Posted 2 weeks ago

How much time left ?

whateven
  • whateven

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Balla Problem by whateven

Balla Problem had the potential of being an entertaining, funny and long mission. It managed to be funny and long, but not entertaining. Instead it is frustrating. Just like Roxie's S.W.A.T, you find yourself in a Motel infested with Ballas and you must make your way out shooting everyone in in your way.

The cutscenes, animations and dialogue are one of the best I've ever seen in DYOM. Yeah really. But what brings this mission down is the absurdly powerful enemies with overpowered weapons. There is literally a part where you are supposed to fight an overpowered mini-gun wielding Balla using only a pistol or Micro-SMG.

As you make your way through a well thought out map, you are forced to fight this 'headshot off' enemies with 500 or more health points, which I can guarantee isn't fun what so ever.

The story never explains itself, it's just CJ and Ryder in the middle of things with no explanation to why they are being attacked. Aflien's Robbery sticks to it's minimalist story and thus doesn't have deep character conversations or diverse cutscenes. Balla Problem however, has all that and still doesn't explains itself well.

The one thing that could have given this mission a good score, was brought down by the overpowered enemies. I really wish I had better things to say about this mission.

Let me explain it a bit:

1. You aren't supposed to fight the minigun guy, i put him there to punish people for taking the wrong way.

2. The mission isn't hard, you just have to think strategically, really, i made it the easiest it can get, for example, at the balcony section, or the "final wave" all the Ballas were supposed to wield combat shotguns instead of M4's, now THAT would be hard. And at the first and second wave, there wasn't supposed to be a Sprunk machine, that would be hard too. And the section with the 2 AK47 wielding Ballas jumping out of the room wasn't hard. Only thing that i found hard was the section where you had to save Ryder from the chainsaw wielding Vagos. Even with Ryder having 1000 health.

3. This mission is a mission for one of my storylines too, so stuff will be explained sooner or later.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 2 weeks ago

After playing Rendy's missions, nothing's really hard for me anymore. Guess, i will play your missions on Wednesday and say what i think about it.

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

How much time left ?

There are still 2 days bro. take your time.

Roxie
  • Roxie

Your Homie

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think so, during previous year many hosts participated in their own contest. Thats how 'Next' won three consecutive contests.
You can ask to AnDReJ98 about it.

Yeah you're right. The rules probably changed. During my leadership in 2014, hosts couldn't participate.

what?hosts will participate (RULES ARE NOT CHANGED)

Delaware
  • Delaware

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46760

Guys, don't be too harsh with the ratings or reviews, since I am a pretty new in DYOM. Good luck to everyone else!

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Delaware
Your mission is added!
It looks good.
So there are still 2 days and we have 5 participants! Goin' well

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Target13, 2 weeks ago.

Dawnlock by Delaware

Playing this mission made me feel like I have no experience in DYOM at all. Delaware claims to be new but I have a feeling they've been around here before. There is literally nothing to complain about this mission. Everything from dialogue, animation, cutscenes  to gameplay is just top notch.

It's one mission but it feels like a short mission pack, mainly because the mission takes you to many different locations in San Andreas. The story is pretty clear and forward but most importantly, its original.

Delaware, if you're planning on making a mission pack, I'll download it in a heartbeat. Fantastic job on this one!

• Delaware likes this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dawnlock by Delaware

Playing this mission made me feel like I have no experience in DYOM at all. Delaware claims to be new but I have a feeling they've been around here before. There is literally nothing to complain about this mission. Everything from dialogue, animation, cutscenes  to gameplay is just top notch.

It's one mission but it feels like a short mission pack, mainly because the mission takes you to many different locations in San Andreas. The story is pretty clear and forward but most importantly, its original.

Delaware, if you're planning on making a mission pack, I'll download it in a heartbeat. Fantastic job on this one!

Honestly, since you might be concerned, I am not that actually new in DYOM, I am just new in the community. I have been designing missions years ago, but never published them, that's why it might seem that I have some sort of skill in making them. That, or that I was working on this mission for 1-2 days with pauses. I am always bound to do the job as best as possible. Though, I admit that there are a lot of veteran designers who do their missions multiple times better than me in every aspect. With that out of the way, I want to personally thank you for playing and even writing a review, T13!

By the way, I have published a mission pack a couple of months back - War of San Andreas (my first one). You can check it out too!

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Senior DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Surely hope is not too late, here's my Mission.

screen.jpg

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46789

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hopefully I participate on next theme. Good luck to all... :^:

Springfield
  • Springfield

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry for not participating. I was busy. Hope, next theme will be good so, i can post my resident evil 7 demo as a MOTW mission. :)

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

There is still time. Participation will end up at 23:00 GMT tonight (6:00 pm PST)

whateven
  • whateven

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'll be sure to play your missions and vote.

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want to participate too
http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/46793
Can't stop myself to add my mission.
There is still an hour. Voting will start after it.

whateven
  • whateven

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

So i guess voting should start now?

Delaware
  • Delaware

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

So i guess voting should start now?

Yes. Wait for Aftab to come.

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Aftab, 2 weeks ago.

Sorry for late
Voting starts!
Vote for your favourite mission!

Roxie
  • Roxie

Your Homie

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

MY VOTE GOES TO
[Target 13]

• Target13 likes this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am not allowed to vote due to my lack of active posts in my profile, but in an opportunity, my vote would go to Target13's "Panther's: Gangland". Impressive attention to detail, realistic dialogue. I liked Galactic's "Desperate Act" too to be honest - my second favorite.

• Target13 likes this

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Huzaifa khan, 2 weeks ago.

You forget to tick the "Public" option :rol:

EDIT:

Voted to Galactic :^: So much hard to find a right one to cast my vote. Both T13 and Galactic missions are top notch! But Galactic mission are slightly upper hand. :)

• GalacticXp1, Target13, Aftab and 1 other like this

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A week ago Edited by Aftab, A week ago.

So I've also decided to make a review, what I've concluded.
Roxie's S.W.A.T
As T13 has said, mission doesn't have even a single dialogue. Just go and kill. No story, no base. Stealth isn't possible when enemies are facing towards you. First it seems to be easy but at the end, I can't even collect that Bazooka when Choppers arrived and killed me. However, it was your good attempt among your all missions so far. (6/10)
___
whateven's Ballas Problem
I don't know much about your previous missions. Initially, everything was going well but when those 'waves' started. Everything seems like going out of hands. Ballas were coming from everywhere, and we have a rocket launcher to use in a room? Ok, it have some story but what about the end? Vagos killed them and mission passed? Well, these were some limitations that I have pointed out. Don't take it to heart. I'm not an expert. Maybe I am wrong. (6.5/10)
___
Delaware's Dawnlock
Almost everything was good. I was astonished that you're new here, but still your mission was like a professional's. Story was owesome! I just love these type of 'assasination' missions. I found a trifle difficulity to aim enemies out of that bar as they were too far.
(8.5/10)
  • Delaware likes this

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A week ago Edited by Aftab, A week ago.

T13's Gangland
I'm not supposed to complain about your missions. No doubt you have a good experience and you're professional in this. This is just a little experience while playing your mission. Everything was perfect, nothing to grumble at. Objects placement was really good. I was anxious about just one thing. Special army force 'Panthers' is attacking on gangs! That was very unique. Moreover, I found a little bit difficulity in finding the gate of castle. That was my mistake, it was just nearby. (8.5/10)
___
Aflien's Robbery
Initial cutscenes were very quick. Dialogues were good. But, it was difficult to distinguish between friendly policemen and the enemies. Mission was easy, and the best thing was it really makes me feel playing a real game. I liked that scene when cars jump down there. (8.5/10)
___
Galactic's Desperate Act
That was exceptional! Even cutscenes, they were excellent, just like in any movie. I have learnt many things from your mission, particularly, use of dynamic and static cutscenes. The story and theme was also impressing, psychopath! Probably, it is the best mission I've played so far.
(9.5/10)
________
And my vote goes to......
Spoiler
  • GalacticXp1 likes this

Delaware
  • Delaware

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

I found a trifle difficulity to aim enemies out of that bar as they were too far.

What do you mean? The range wasn't close enough for the bullet to hit? You can try to configure your settings (sensitivity, frame limiter etc.) if those are making it more difficult to hit targets. Other than that, I found that distance perfect for the Sniper Rifle - range was as good as it can be.

Thanks for the review, Aftab!

• Aftab likes this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Special army force 'Panthers' is attacking on gangs! 

First off thanks for your review!

Secondly, The Panthers aren't an official branch of the US Military. The Panthers are a private military contractor. They work for whoever is paying them.

The idea of an army going after gangs was also a point in the story,

Spoiler

I'll play your missions today and I hope to cast my vote in a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users