Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Be Released to Mobile in 2018/2019?

42 replies to this topic
StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

The only way to play it would be to connect a keyboard or controller amd then play it. Else the screen will be cluttered with so many icons, you won't be able to see the game at all

ILikeToPlayGTA
  • ILikeToPlayGTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:50 AM Edited by ILikeToPlayGTA, 09 April 2017 - 10:26 AM.

It made sense to port the 3D trilogy games (III, VC and SA) to mobile due to their simplicity and arcade-like gameplay. However, things are different with GTA IV. The driving physics, cover system, in-game cellphone, internet cafes, etc. are huge aspects of the game which would be rather difficult to properly pull off on a mobile port in my opinion.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:07 AM Edited by LincolnClay, 09 April 2017 - 09:07 AM.

What? That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard...

F*cking HOW do you put that thing on a phone? My sh*tty iPhone can't handle a regular, small mobile game let alone a triple A game such as this.
  • Zello likes this

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:23 PM Edited by Saifisbling, 09 April 2017 - 12:41 PM.

GTA IV can be ported to iOS/android devices for sure....its only the effort of developers what counts bcos the Android devices comes with upgraded hardware like every three months and you know the devices like Samsung s8 or one plus 3T are already released and more are coming next year with monster hardware specs and they will make huge market by 2018 and the iPhone 7 is also awesome( linconclay get the new iPhone 7)

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:32 PM Edited by Saifisbling, 09 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

As I have said a million times that it will be optimized and the game will not be that heavy in terms of graphics and other things....GTA San Andreas was only 2.5 GB on Android but PC version is 4.7 GB so the moon,terrain, dynamic headlights looked like Minecraft version of GTA( but Android gamers fixed it by simple modding which did not effected the fps)....and so will be the fate of GTA IV it will be like 8 GB or less......there are some Android games which have sizes around 6 to 7 GB......
In GTA San Andreas mobile port their is an option to play with moga controllers....so GTA IV will also have that option too I guess....

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:40 PM Edited by Saifisbling, 09 April 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Graphics of GTA IV won't be that bad for mobile devices....but Android users can mod the GTA IV to add some higher quality textures one of that of PCs as many did for GTA San Andreas( Android version )........like PC you can add cars and other stuffs to your mobile version of GTA San Andreas.....even Cleo is available for modding the GTA trilogy(Android).

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

It's not PS Vita or PSP that hardware limits the newer games and their graphics....I remember very well that how PSP then the PS vista owners waited for GTA trilogy

Emacs
  • Emacs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Emacs, 4 weeks ago.

No way.

Simply - smartfones still too week for games like IV.

Correct me if I wrong - GTA IV is bad optimized game, at this day there is still no PC, which can handle IV in 2K resolution ( highest available for IV ) with maximum settings at steady 60 fps.

Bully isn't running smooth on modern PC hardware either. And it runs smooth on my iPad 10.5 Pro (2017).

This is first.

Second, I had acceptable framerate running GTA 4 on Core 2 Quad Q6600 + nVidia GeForce 8800GTX back in 2009 (and slightly less acceptable framerate on XBox 360 a year before).

Take latest apple SOCs, A10X and A11:

1. A10X and A11 CPU both are faster than that old Core 2 Quad Q6600
  2. A10X and A11 GPU is about a match for GeForce 8800GTX (using 3D Mark Ice Storm  as a reference)

And third no one forces to render directly for the 2k. I believe even something like "render for 1024×768 → 2k upscale → gauss deconvolution to sharpen the image up" will give acceptable results (this is for iPad for its 4×3 screen).

The story is somewhat more depressing for androids as their single core CPU performance (which matters a lot for gaming) barely surpasses one of Apple A8.

• Tomasak likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wish that it'd get the L.A Noire treatment but it's not gonna happen

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago

No way.
Simply - smartfones still too week for games like IV.
Correct me if I wrong - GTA IV is bad optimized game, at this day there is still no PC, which can handle IV in 2K resolution ( highest available for IV ) with maximum settings at steady 60 fps.

Bully isn't running smooth on modern PC hardware either. And it runs smooth on my iPad 10.5 Pro (2017).
This is first.

Second, I had acceptable framerate running GTA 4 on Core 2 Quad Q6600 + nVidia GeForce 8800GTX back in 2009 (and slightly less acceptable framerate on XBox 360 a year before).
Take latest apple SOCs, A10X and A11:

• A10X and A11 CPU both are faster than that old Core 2 Quad Q6600
  • A10X and A11 GPU is about a match for GeForce 8800GTX (using 3D Mark Ice Storm  as a reference)
And third no one forces to render directly for the 2k. I believe even something like "render for 1024×768 → 2k upscale → gauss deconvolution to sharpen the image up" will give acceptable results (this is for iPad for its 4×3 screen).

The story is somewhat more depressing for androids as their single core CPU performance (which matters a lot for gaming) barely surpasses one of Apple A8.

on the other hand, if R* used newer more optimized RAGE version for mobile version it would work even better. After all IV's RAGE was very young and devs were new to it.
  • Mega likes this

michaelCr
  • michaelCr

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

So as the title says, do you think that GTA 4 will be released on smartphones? The 10th year anniversary is near but they don't always release GTA mobile versions on 10th year anniversaries as GTA:SA on smartphones was released in 2013 December. From a technical view, i think that smartphones are definitely capable of running GTA IV. I also made a quick video about this, if you guys want to check it out - 

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

QA @ EA Bucharest

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Smart phones are capable of runing IV but the controls will be off putting 👌 = I don't think it will be enjoyable to play Gta IV on mobile, but maybe that's just me 🙄🤗

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gravarty, 2 weeks ago.

Nope, even though smartphone cpus can have higher scores than Desktop CPU's, it doesn't mean that they're actually faster and better. Just look how the PS3 can handle modern games like GTA V "fine" even though the RSX is based on the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT, which is a horrible out of date gpu for todays standard. I don't think that GTA V would even reach 10 FPS with that thing on PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users