Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Be Released to Mobile in 2018/2019?

42 replies to this topic
Goldenhawk521
  • Goldenhawk521

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

With mobile phones coming with faster and more powerful processors, better internal memory speeds, more RAM and faster RAM and so forth, I think it's safe to say that it will probably be possible to run GTA IV on and Android/iOS device with the right optimization and maybe some graphical tweaks by the end of 2018. Cell phones are already running games with powerful engines such as Half Life 2 natively which came out for Android Nvidia Shield in 2014. It is now about 2.5 years later after that game was released for the NVIDIA Shield and mobile devices surpass the specs by a long shot by now when you look at benchmarks. Console-like games for mobile devices already have the graphical power in between the 6th and 7th generation of home consoles. Full games like the GTA series, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, KOTOR, The Indigo Prohecy, Jade Empire: Special Edition are all games that come from the sixth generation home consoles that were optimized, upscaled (in some cases remastered textures), included antialiasing, and have higher framerates in which btw can be played with a mid-ranged cellphone or tablet in 2016. By the year 2018 or 2019, it is probably going to be possible but will be up to Rockstar if they want to put the time and money into such a big project. Does anyone think this is a sensible point or am I just setting an unrealistic prediction on this?
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

A thread with the same theme was created literally 4 hours before this one.

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Thug

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

No way.

Simply - smartfones still too week for games like IV.

Correct me if I wrong - GTA IV is bad optimized game, at this day there is still no PC, which can handle IV in 2K resolution ( highest available for IV ) with maximum settings at steady 60 fps.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

It will probably happen, but not for a number of years yet. If my phone was to play Gta IV it would probably melt.
  • theGTAking101, Ivan1997GTA and TommyPayne123 like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:14 PM Edited by Zello, 08 March 2017 - 05:15 PM.

How exactly would the controls work I know they managed to do something with the 3D era games and their controls but playing IV on a phone would be impossible

• assCRACK_98 likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

No, because current smartphones (even high-end ones) are not able to handle the RAGE engine.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

Nope, why do you think they decided to remaster it for next-gen instead?
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mega
  • Mega

hi

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

Excuse me, but what are you talking about?

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

I'm talking about bees, they're on the Discovery Channel. What are you talking about?

JK, I meant backwards compatible for the Xbox One. It'd be nice if they remastered it, though. But either way, it'll never be released on mobile, like everyone else said, RAGE is too much for it to handle.

Goldenhawk521
  • Goldenhawk521

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:08 AM

A thread with the same theme was created literally 4 hours before this one.

I know, I just wanted to see if people could respond my thoughts on this topic.

I'm talking about bees, they're on the Discovery Channel. What are you talking about?

JK, I meant backwards compatible for the Xbox One. It'd be nice if they remastered it, though. But either way, it'll never be released on mobile, like everyone else said, RAGE is too much for it to handle.

Nice copout Achlys lol. You squirmed out of that one.

No, because current smartphones (even high-end ones) are not able to handle the RAGE engine.

Well how about the 6th gen consoles being able to handle it? Smartphones today are catching up to the level of power that is in those consoles. Couldn't the RAGE engine be optimized in some way to Android and iOS devices atleast in a playable way by the next couple of years? 

How exactly would the controls work I know they managed to do something with the 3D era games and their controls but playing IV on a phone would be impossible

Good point but couldn't the number of controls be shrunk a bit or maybe somehow come up with smart ways to implement full controls in special gestures and taps on the screen?

I meant 7th gen sorry.

• Femme Fatale likes this

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

“Respect has to be earned just like money.”

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

Right now phones simply cannot handle RAGE maybe they can in the future but gta 4 is 6.8 GB on Xbox 360 on pc 16.75 GB and ps3 it's 7.10 GB that is a lot I wouldn't download it knowing it would take that much memory. Not to mention the controls would be a little weird on the phone.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

Would much rather have a reoptimised and remastered version on the PC
  • lol232, Niobium, TWIST_OF_HATE and 1 other like this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:57 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 11 March 2017 - 10:02 PM.

I bought Vice City mobile and honesty it sucks. the driving is horrendous and missions are impossible..so i can only imagine how unplayable IV would be on mobile. 

i'd rather they remaster it for the current gen.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Is this real?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Is this real?

According to some comments and judging by the dislikes, it's fake. I think an iPad would be much more likely to run a lower detailed and less optimized version of GTA IV, an iPhone would likely sh*t bricks trying to simulate IV's graphics, engine and its physics.

• HailHydra likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Why does that remind me of all those GTA IV on PSP videos from a long time ago...

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

>radar not on top
>camera randomly moving around without making any hand gesture
>car goes in other direction than he presses the button
100% real i can tell ya.

• Ruvix likes this

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

It was an April Fools' prank, the author of it even said that afterwards.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

GTA IV might be possible on mobile, but probably not next year. Maybe in 2010 during EFLC's 10th anniversary.

Mobile processors might not be that poweful, but portable gaming devices may be able to run it with the right optimization. I've recently looked at some mini portable gaming PCs and they could run GTA V on lowest at 720p and it had 25-30 fps. Maybe mobile could catch up by 2020 and if optimized correctly we could get IV and V on mobile soon.

https://youtu.be/WUN1XPsKv08?t=3m8s

AVARITIA
  • AVARITIA

𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 ...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

:r*: vcs & rdr plz

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

I'm done with this sh*t

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Mobiles? No way. I just hope they release it to next gen consoles, I miss that game so f*cking much.

• assCRACK_98 likes this

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

GTA IV is still a fairly bad optimized game on PC, so I will find it unlikely that a game that massive could be handled by mobile, especially with rage engine.
  • suckerpunch007 likes this

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

Some PC gamers are thinking port is like just exact copy of the PC version of GTA IV but it's not it will be degraded as GTA San was(the terrain, moon ,dynamic headlights of gta San for ios/Android looked like sort of minecraft.... Game was laggy when there was lots of smoke or foggy weather) but it was playable at 30 fps on mid ranged Android phones too in 2014......and now it is playable almost on any android phones......

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:09 AM

Size of GTA san on PC was 4.7 GB but on Android it was 2.5(it went around 7 GB when it was moded which was yet playable at 30 fps)....so those who are thinking that a 16 GB GTA IV will be ported on mobile devices then cut it to 8 GB or less( for sure )....but it will be almost identical to what you played on PC or other consoles and will be a hell of good game
PC port of GTA IV was terrible but it won't happen with android bcos the bully game is a good port for ios/Android which was also a train wreck for PC....so please stop saying that engine or that processor or that RAM or that what not....it will be perfectly optimized for ios/Android in lower game size than that of pc

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

Behold here comes Samsung s8 and iPhone 7 and one plus 3T....it's only a matter of year(2018) for the release of GTA IV for ios/Android....So sad that PS Vita owners cannot play any game from the GTA series

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

It could be possible.
The team who did the port for Android & iOS could optimize the RAGE engine that much that even a mid-end phone could run it
Now the other problem would be the storage, Phones with less than 32GB storage can't install the game, but the devs could shrink the texture sizes and remove unnecessary stuff to raise down the size of the OBB data.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

Might be possible,but I don't think it will have the original feeling to it. I tried VC for android, but it just sucks when compared to PC

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:47 PM Edited by Saifisbling, 08 April 2017 - 10:48 PM.

Ya it's not exactly the same as PC but not bad after all....stormbreaker have you tried playing GTA San Andreas on Android it's the best port in GTA series for Android and you won't be able to differentiate it what you played on PC...its just great port of any PC games on android,ya half life 2 port was good either but only playable on shield tablets at playable fps

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:52 PM Edited by Zello, 08 April 2017 - 10:53 PM.

Even if phones could handle IV playing it would be impossible IMO. Think about the controls getting the cover system to work properly would be hard, shooting from cars, crouching, and more stuff I'm probably forgetting. I just don't see it working IV is meant to be played on a console or a PC not a phone.

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:09 PM Edited by Saifisbling, 08 April 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Zello all those controls(crouching, looking behind,aim while shooting from cars and many other complex things(except taking cover) are already on GTA San andreas port for Android and that is completely a headache of developers which is not that tough I guess....anyway GTA San Andreas port for Android is really awesome and you won't be able to differentiate between the one you played on PC....rockstars have even added an option to use moga controllers in GTA San Andreas Android version if you are kind of ps or Xbox guy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users