What did CJ do in Liberty City?

31 replies to this topic
Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

We know that CJ got too overwhelmed by his brother Brian's death and moved to Liberty City because of it. We know that Joey Leone employed him to steal cars and do little crimes for him, but what else do you think he did? Who else might have employed him? In 1988, there were reports of a bad pollution leak in Liberty City. Might CJ have done it? That would be after the time he moved there.

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

I don't think CJ would have taken part in any major schemes. We can tell that from his return home, he's out of touch and dare I say naive. From his reaction to the heavier jobs Toreno and The Truth give him, we can safely assume he's been nothing more than a petty thug, stealing cars for Joey and mugging people in the street for money. Nothing large scale. We don't know what connections CJ had in Liberty City but it's safe to assume it's little to none due to his track record. Think of the level Claude was at for the first few missions and you get the idea.
  • universetwisters, anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 7 others like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

I second Craig's words on this one. Carl really wasn't keen on getting involved in any of the GSF's issues when he first got back to San Andreas.
  • spaceshape likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

If it means anything, CJ's wearing the blue hoody from Zip in Liberty City so he at least had enough pocket change to look good.

• anthony, Natasha and NikoB.IV like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

We know that CJ got too overwhelmed by his brother Brian's death and moved to Liberty City because of it. We know that Joey Leone employed him to steal cars and do little crimes for him, but what else do you think he did? Who else might have employed him? In 1988, there were reports of a bad pollution leak in Liberty City. Might CJ have done it? That would be after the time he moved there.

Huh ? Why on earth would CJ cause a pollution leak in Liberty City ? On what basis did you suggest this ludicrous theory ?
  • Femme Fatale and The American Army 1775 like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

If it means anything, CJ's wearing the blue hoody from Zip in Liberty City so he at least had enough pocket change to look good.

And I thought I was anal, well spotted :^:

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

I'm done. It's over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:52 PM Edited by Still Madd, 08 March 2017 - 11:53 PM.

It remains unknown in what crime scale CJ has been standing on for his past stay in Liberty City, all we seen are just a couple of thuggish crimes: grand theft auto, assaults, etc., that doesn't just simply means that CJ has been acting out like a thug, despite the fact, I also share the concept that he wasn't involved in any huge action because of his reactions in SA.

I'm pretty sure he done few jobs for the mafia as well, since Joey Leone is Salvatore's son and the way he dresses up himself with that expensive ZIP black hoody.

Plus, there might be some stuff we haven't seen, I highly doubt that a couple of car-jackings and robberies were the nourishment for his pockets.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

CJ only worked for Joey Leone. He was an inexperienced, naive individual struggling to make a name for himself and be successful in whatever way possible, just like any one who has to work hard from a very young age. CJ was really not interested in gang banging. There are a lot of moments in the story where you get this impression too. In LC, CJ saw an opportunity just like Niko in GTA IV to live a better life, different from the life of gang banging or street thug. By starting at a low level with the most powerful Leone family in LC, CJ was looking to rise in the ranks of the Mafia.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:11 AM

CJ was probably doing small and odd jobs. He started with Joey looking to be a part of something bigger and trying to earn himself a reputation on the streets. Claude had contacts but CJ started even smaller than him. He wasn't well off in LC and tired of the low-life gang banging in Los Santos at the same time.
  • Official General and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

CJ was probably doing small and odd jobs. He started with Joey looking to be a part of something bigger and trying to earn himself a reputation on the streets. Claude had contacts but CJ started even smaller than him. He wasn't well off in LC and tired of the low-life gang banging in Los Santos at the same time.

Yeah I would second this in truth. Claude was already being sent to prison, he had contacts etc. CJ I would say wanted to escape the life of crime in Los Santos and flee to Liberty City but unsure were to start he most likely ended up in the cities underbelly, taking odd jobs here and there to make ends meet.

Then again who's to say R* even consider this, we're all essentially projecting and trying to guess a backstory in which doesn't really exist. :p
  • Mister Pink and mrfilmpjesmaker123 like this

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Crackhead

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

If the introduction movie doesnt exist, GTA San Andreas Stories would exist.
I think Carl doesnt have any relatives on LC, he just wanna keep himself lowkey from his homie back in LS. CJ work for Joey because he doesnt have specialities beside jacking vehicle. CJ doesnt earn to well while working with Joey so thats why CJ had to mug people off the street.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yeah like said above CJ was no more than a petty thug. He probably stole cars; his bad driving might represent the fact he always drove against the police. And the fact he retains his hatred to the police also hints on it even though this is somewhat weak. He worked with Joey, and if you don't take the introduction seriously (which is wrong) he mentions so in Liberty. He also didn't get involved in gunfights, he doesn't come with a gun and even if it was to the fact he forgot his bag with the taxi it is important to know that he does not look like he's a normal gun user when he meets Emmet. He however might have used melee weapons because he wins with Ryder a 2v4 fight with melee weapons, perhaps to vandalize (like in VC) or to injure someone.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

He made the best damn hotdogs is what CJ did in Liberty City.

• spaceshape, Natasha, Steezy. and 1 other like this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

Now that would be a huge surprise. The guy could have atleast made some during San Andreas events for his family & friends or a Sunday barbecue maybe. Where do you think he sold them? Near the Airport?

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

So you don't think CJ had ever crossed paths or had done work for the Red Jacks or Purple Nines? Assuming he had gone out to Shoreside Vale I mean. CJ had done work for Joey, but I don't think he was fully into his father's organization up to that point. I could only imagine that Joey was some small-time crook in his 20's running a chopshop/garage who while is connected to the Leone Family because he was the boss's son, but CJ didn't really do any mob hits for him anything like that.

The only other gang that is not as major as, say, the Yakuza, the Mafia, and the Cartel is probably the Diablos and maybe the Yardies, but they had more power and business in LCS and III. So those guys weren't exactly small-time.

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

So you don't think CJ had ever crossed paths or had done work for the Red Jacks or Purple Nines?

I'm not sure if he would or not... I mean CJ was loyal to Grove Street, so I doubt he would have worked with other gangs(?)

One thing I would want to do with this project is the multi protagonist aspect like GTA V and what was planned to be in San Andreas... Maybe Joey could be the second protagonist? What might he have done on his own?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

So you don't think CJ had ever crossed paths or had done work for the Red Jacks or Purple Nines?

I'm not sure if he would or not... I mean CJ was loyal to Grove Street, so I doubt he would have worked with other gangs(?)One thing I would want to do with this project is the multi protagonist aspect like GTA V and what was planned to be in San Andreas... Maybe Joey could be the second protagonist? What might he have done on his own?

The Red Jacks and Purple Nines are in a totally different city and had no known affiliation with the Families or Ballas. Also, CJ had temporarily left the gang life behind in Los Santos and was in the business of freelance crime, so he wasn't bound by loyalty to any gang at that stage. For those reasons, it was entirely plausible that CJ could have worked with other street gangs in Liberty City.
  • The Mysterious One and AmigaMix like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

pizza boy

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

pizza boy

The fact is, this or event selling street hotdogs could potentially be true. He wanted to get away from the GSF so in that situation anything would do.
  • universetwisters likes this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

pizza boy

The fact is, this or event selling street hotdogs could potentially be true. He wanted to get away from the GSF so in that situation anything would do.

For a fact, a gangbanger doesn't suddenly leave his own business and turn into something entirely different. No one does. So, I assume he'd do a job something similar, even petty thieving to make both ends meet.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

He stole cars. That's it. He stole cars. That's all we hear he did, why assume he did anything more than that? 

• lil weasel and Official General like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

He stole cars. That's it. He stole cars. That's all we hear he did, why assume he did anything more than that? 

Because stealing cars is good for a quick buck or two but the real money is in selling hotdogs.
  • Laura91 and slimeball supreme like this

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

Maybe he had a sugar daddy in LC

Doctor Dollars
  • Doctor Dollars

Wiseguy Despiser

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

He probably walked around saying "Yep, I've been drinking again"

• Lioshenka likes this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

R* knows, CJ got connections , Joey Leone some
small crimes, CJ committed in Liberty City.Was CJ in
the Leone family payroll ?
The Import/Export biz of the Leone mob in Liberty City
i guessed.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

CJ is a fictional character, he did what the scenarists decided.

• lil weasel and Official General like this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:28 AM Edited by Toreno6901, 21 April 2017 - 04:29 AM.

I don't think CJ would have taken part in any major schemes. We can tell that from his return home, he's out of touch and dare I say naive. From his reaction to the heavier jobs Toreno and The Truth give him, we can safely assume he's been nothing more than a petty thug, stealing cars for Joey and mugging people in the street for money. Nothing large scale. We don't know what connections CJ had in Liberty City but it's safe to assume it's little to none due to his track record. Think of the level Claude was at for the first few missions and you get the idea.

CJ assisted Claude and Joey Leone in the Marco's Bistro mission.
CJ is a drifter ; a nightwalker, thug who deserves to be busted ,
off to the pen.Unlike Claude who has a reputation of a good businessmen.
Claude got class,
CJ is a low down dirty dawg.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

CJ is a fictional character, he did what the scenarists decided.

LOL !!

I know it may sound like the OP is being ridiculed with sarcasm, but essentially you're 100 correct.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

Unreal brother!
CJ did some favours for JOEY Leone and helped around doing errands for Claude
at Marco's Bistro.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Smoked weed everyday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users