Will GTA IV come to mobile

18 replies to this topic
QuickGhosty
  • QuickGhosty

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:02 AM

Do you think the recent trend of Rockstar porting all of their older games to android and iOS will continue into the HD era in 2018 when GTA IV turns 10? Mobile platforms have already surpassed both the 360/PS3 in terms of raw performance see here. It's also worth noting that the previous versions of GTA didn't just get re-released but in many cases got some graphical enhancements EG, a resolution boost.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

They didn't port VCS I don't think they will make IV be able to run properly on a phone in one year.

QuickGhosty
  • QuickGhosty

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

They didn't port VCS I don't think they will make IV be able to run properly on a phone in one year.

I don't think that has anything to do with device horsepower GTA 1&2 aren't on mobile either

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

RAGE is a really heavy engine, unkile Renderware (kinda), so I think they won't be able to make it run on mobile, and even if they are, the realism-ish will make gameplay a nightmare. 3D era games worked (kinda) because they're responsive, unkile IV where physics get on the way.

• universetwisters likes this

Goldenhawk521
  • Goldenhawk521

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

With mobile phones coming with faster and more powerful processors, better internal memory speeds, more RAM and faster RAM and so forth, I think it's safe to say that it will probably be possible to run GTA IV on and Android/iOS device with the right optimization and maybe some graphical tweaks by the end of 2018. Cell phones are already running games with powerful engines such as Half Life 2 natively which came out for Android Nvidia Shield in 2014. It is now about 2.5 years later after that game was released for the NVIDIA Shield and mobile devices surpass the specs by a long shot by now when you look at benchmarks. Console-like games for mobile devices already have the graphical power in between the 6th and 7th generation of home consoles. Full games like the GTA series, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, KOTOR, The Indigo Prohecy, Jade Empire: Special Edition are all games that come from the sixth generation home consoles that were optimized, upscaled (in some cases remastered textures), included antialiasing, and have higher framerates in which btw can be played with a mid-ranged cellphone or tablet in 2016. By the year 2018 or 2019,it is probably going to be possible but will be up to Rockstar if they want to put the time and money into such a big project.

Goldenhawk521
  • Goldenhawk521

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:23 AM Edited by Goldenhawk521, 08 March 2017 - 06:24 AM.

True but not all of their GTA games for mobile were released exectly 10 years following. For example, GTA LCS originally released in 2005, but Rockstar didn't release the remake for mobile devices until 2016. GTA VCS was originally released in 2006, so I think it's safe to say that Rockstar will release it to mobile sometime by Q4 of this year.

QuickGhosty
  • QuickGhosty

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Side note R* actually used a 3rd party company to do the ports of most of the mobile games source

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

I don't know and I don't care, because I wouldn't even play it. I'm not really into mobile gaming and not have been since the old Game Boy days, and I certainly wouldn't play GTA on a mobile phone. I'd rather sit in front of a TV or monitor screen and see it in large, clear detail.

No it wouldn't excite me one bit if it did.
  • universetwisters, Zello, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:23 AM Edited by Saifisbling, 07 April 2017 - 03:27 AM.

[quote name="Official General" post="1069444270" timestamp="1488967997"]
I don't know and I don't care, because I wouldn't even play it. I'm not really into mobile gaming and not have been since the old Game Boy days, and I certainly wouldn't play GTA on a mobile phone. I'd rather sit in front of a TV or monitor screen and see it in large, clear detail.

Ya but we will be playing it everywhere like while traveling in flight, train,bus or at any place where you cannot get a large TV or couch to sit

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

Ya it's true that wardrum has ported all the rockstars games from GTA trilogy,max Payne to even bully but that doesn't mean that GTA IV will not be released for Android/ios on 2018....as Samsung s8 ,iPhone 7,one plus 3T(they will be having a large market by 2018) is already released in 2017 as they are quite powerful to play the optimized GTA IV port for Android.......and now it's not the matter of time but only the efforts of developers to port it in those powerful devices and the upcoming ones

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:49 AM Edited by Saifisbling, 07 April 2017 - 03:49 AM.

Even I don't play any PC port games on my phones but when it comes to rockstars GTA I try to play it on as many consoles I can.....and I have been be patiently waiting for GTA IV on ios or Android device...
After a very long time patch for Gta iv PC was released in late 2016.....may be the team have started to work for porting it on iOS/Android devices....who knows...
This year 2017 Sony will be releasing its ten of its best PS tiles for android/ios...

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

Many have been criticising that GTA IV will not be ported bcos of that engine or that processor or that RAM or that big game or that what not.....but it will be a port with lots of optimization with not that that big size or lowered textures
And I would like to tell you that that unlike PS Vita GTA IV will be coming for Android/iOS devices by 2018

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:03 AM

Double post much?

• Payne Killer likes this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:01 AM

Vice City on mobile is virtually unplayable so i can only imagine how horrific IV would be even if they dumb it down significantly 

console games on mobile sound cool on paper and are good for nostalgia but even simpler games like Duke Nukem 3D are tough to play on mobile.

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Dick Laurent Is Dead

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:07 AM Edited by Axl Rose, 07 April 2017 - 09:11 AM.

also Vice City is 1.5 GB so IV's file size would be ridiculous. 

don't know why anybody would want this game on mobile really.

• Official General likes this

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

Size really doesn't matter at all GTA san Android mod is around 7 GB and yet it's playable at 30 fps on my lenovo k3 note which have only 2 GB RAM and mtk6752 processor and Mali gpu( I mean to say hardware specs are medium )...ya there are lags when there are lots of blasts bcos the mod is not well optimized....

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

Axl rose there can be tons of reasons for the lag....the worst part is that GTA ports are not updated since 2015 so the upcoming Android devices and the android marshmallow and nougat are facing many bugs like unnecessary lags,textures gliches and lot more...even I downgraded from marshmallow to lollipop bcos most of my paid apps stopped working....
If you want to fix that you have to go through lots of hackery like root and downloading fixes from other developers sites....

Saifisbling
  • Saifisbling

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

The chipsets are becoming powerful and more power efficient.....the devices like winGPD are size of Nintendo 3Ds XL but plays GTA IV and GTA v(for real not making on my own) and consumes as much power as our current mobile devices are already in market for a year......and with the release of SMACTHZ(handheld PC looks like PSP) this month people's views about handheld and mobile devices will change,SMACTHZ plays GTA v at 30 fps on medium settings and skyrim at 30fps at pretty higher settings

dekash27
  • dekash27

LS Saints

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

I don't mean to bump, but, GTA IV might be playable on mobile, just that the physics (as was mentioned before) might slow things down.Still, I hope it happens :) .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users