Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Protagonist you hate the most in the Gta Series?

119 replies to this topic
Roham8506
  • Roham8506

MJ VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

tommy without no doubt

• Tao Cheng and Am Shaegar like this

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

Claude from GTA 3. He was dumb enough to have a relationship with Catalina in SA and then got betrayed by her in the beginning of 3. He goes down to betray his own employers like the Mafia and the Yakuza after being persuaded by Donald Love. That and he didn't talk.

• Jeansowaty and Am Shaegar like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

Tommy Vercetti is a prick.

Claude from GTA 3. He was dumb enough to have a relationship with Catalina in SA and then got betrayed by her in the beginning of 3. He goes down to betray his own employers like the Mafia and the Yakuza after being persuaded by Donald Love. That and he didn't talk.

Well, Salvatore wanted him dead over a girl and Yakuza it's business; nothing personal and they didn't find out.

• Am Shaegar likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Niko Bellic.
  • Hot Pursuit likes this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:06 PM Edited by Davao, 29 October 2017 - 06:06 PM.

Honestly, Trevor. I don't see a good side of him at all. I think he is just a psycho idiot to be honest, he is disrespectful, and doesn't give a damn about anyone who he kills.  People like Niko do show remorse sometimes, but Trevor doesn't. I think he'd kill his own family too, treats people like Ron and Wade like a piece of garbage, he is just a horrible human being. I really hope Rockstar don't bring someone like him back into another GTA game again! I felt sorry for Floyd he just came in and just took over his place, and Trevor said nasty things about his personal life which was out of order. Anyone remember that torture scene, that was just awful and painful to watch. Trevor was laughing all the way through it. He was also responsible in getting Michael kidnapped in North Yankton, and it showed that Trevor didn't care, what kind of friend is he to them nothing? I'm glad I killed Trevor at the end.

• Algonquin Assassin, eCola, TheSadisticOwl and 2 others like this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

I don't really hate any protagonists ,but my most disliked one is Trevor he along with Franklin were such missed opportunities, Trevor should have been charming and charismatic and actually fool you into caring for him ,like Tate from AHS, like an actual psychopath but instead he comes off as childish, I don't understand how anyone finds him "badass" he behaves like a child throwing a fit only he's strong and he swears a lot,and Franklin his backstory wasn't much of a problem he gets enough exposition but if they actually would've built up his relationship with Michael insteadof just saying "Oh,Homie, I ,like really like you Michael -- You're a good kid ,Franklin" you know through more missions dedicated to them as "father/son" like going tothe shooting range, michael explaining the way things work and stuff like that,It would have made thestory a lot better.

• Algonquin Assassin, Prasdana21 and AlbanyEsperanto like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

The worst gta protagonist is easily mike from gta advance followed closely by toni cipriani. Mike has no actual character development or personality without even any memorable lines of dialogue. Toni cipriani is simply a lap-dog robot with zero character development and a ridiculously uninteresting story. Other than that, I would have to go with trevor phillips as he is also nothing more than a murdering robot who shows little to no emotion throughout V. Tried so hard to like him, but always found myself failing.
  • jaljax likes this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

I dislike Franklin because he ain't nothing but a sellout to his hood and rather live his life in vinewood Franklin gets uninteresting the second he meets Michael as after the story it's not sh*t to do with him but drive around the city
  • jaljax likes this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chromakey dreamcoat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I don't outright hate the protagonists in the GTA series, but Trevor is the one that gets me the closest to hating him. A completely lazy, childish, poorly written character who has no idea what he wants and can't even tell if he likes Michael or not. Through my playthroughts in story mode, not once did I see anything good coming from him, as everything he does just looks like it's happening due to his sick fetishes or his lack of clue about what his objective in life even is.

I guess the only minor things that keep me from finding him absolutely despiseable is the fact that I like Steven Ogg's voice acting since I find him to be a great voice actor, I do find some of his quips (very few of them) funny and the fact that you can make him look like Jack Torrance from The Shining.

• Algonquin Assassin, eCola, jaljax and 1 other like this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

trevor hes really annoying

• jaljax and VictorVance1239 like this

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yea i really hope we get to kill Trevor at the beginning of 6. 

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:52 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 27 November 2017 - 08:56 AM.

I don't outright hate the protagonists in the GTA series, but Trevor is the one that gets me the closest to hating him. A completely lazy, childish, poorly written character who has no idea what he wants and can't even tell if he likes Michael or not. Through my playthroughts in story mode, not once did I see anything good coming from him, as everything he does just looks like it's happening due to his sick fetishes or his lack of clue about what his objective in life even is.

I guess the only minor things that keep me from finding him absolutely despiseable is the fact that I like Steven Ogg's voice acting since I find him to be a great voice actor, I do find some of his quips (very few of them) funny and the fact that you can make him look like Jack Torrance from The Shining.

Yeah. Trevor's one saving grace is at least Steve Ogg is a good voice actor. It's a shame he was wasted on such an immature, asshat, manchild, worthless piece of sh*t though.

• eCola, jaljax, AlbanyEsperanto and 1 other like this

HeteroDahmer
  • HeteroDahmer

I was JosephStalin

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Tommy & Luis are both smug & arrogant Douchebags & the only protags I mostly dislike, but at least Luis is good to Tony & has some emotional depth & is not a one-dimensional cliché Like Vercetti, so ill have to go with Vercetti.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

It's a shame this thread isn't a poll. CJ and particularly Trevor would be dominating.

• eCola, jaljax and AlbanyEsperanto like this

Brian_O_Malley
  • Brian_O_Malley

Scalped

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Out of all the Protagonist's, Michael is the only one i dislike. He was a Rat, a Liar, A sh*tty Friend/Husband/Father, He even goes to Therapy because he doesn't know what he want's in life or who he is,
Complaining and whining through out the game, "I want be this, I want to be that " And people give CJ a hard time for being a whiny bitch.

• Algonquin Assassin, Piggsy pls and Jeansowaty like this

Fishmoly
  • Fishmoly

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:57 PM Edited by Fishmoly, 07 December 2017 - 03:58 PM.

I have a special hate for Franklin, dont know the reason tho.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

Out of all the Protagonist's, Michael is the only one i dislike. He was a Rat, a Liar, A sh*tty Friend/Husband/Father, He even goes to Therapy because he doesn't know what he want's in life or who he is,
Complaining and whining through out the game, "I want be this, I want to be that " And people give CJ a hard time for being a whiny bitch.

I like Michael the most of the GTA V trio, but he's still a pretentious and miserable bastard. One of the reasons I find GTA V's story so hard to get into is I really can't stand it when he and Trevor bicker like two old ladies. 

• Brian_O_Malley likes this

Brian_O_Malley
  • Brian_O_Malley

Scalped

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

I like Michael the most of the GTA V trio, but he's still a pretentious and miserable bastard. One of the reasons I find GTA V's story so hard to get into is I really can't stand it when he and Trevor bicker like two old ladies. 

Yeah there was a little humour in it at first, But it gets old when its like half the game's Dialog. It's a shame really, Both character's had a lot of wasted potential

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

In my opinion, I think most protagonists were great but all had their faults:

Claude: bland, no personality, Rockstar could've at least made him laugh or something
Tommy: very foolish, doesn't realise the Forelli's were screwing him over until the end of the game
CJ: a bit whiny, was really intimidating but got scared of a crazy cow and 2 cops
Toni: was Sal's bitch
Vic: very bland, didn't want to commit crime but still did anyway
Niko: laments the death of 12 soldiers but doesn't care about blowing up people with an RPG
Johnny: gets his ass kicked by Trevor in the most pussy and nice personold way possible
Luis: was he a criminal? Always thought he was some bouncer
Michael: snake, rat, doesn't care that his wife cheated on him
Franklin: blank, had no goals in life making him boring
Trevor: extremely whiny and acted like a baby when he didn't get what he wanted

Electrochoc
  • Electrochoc

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:12 AM Edited by Electrochoc, 16 December 2017 - 12:12 AM.

I know: 

Michael

Trevor

Franklin

Johnny

Luis

Niko.

From my list, the most uninteresting one is Michael. I tried to not play with him as long as I did not have to. I couldn't stand his behaviour/manner and his family, you know; completely a disaster.

• Jeansowaty and jaljax like this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

I think trevors character was made in such a way so that you dislike him.
On topic: I don't hate any gta protagonist as I think they were all awesome each having their own stories to tell.
  • jaljax likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:46 AM Edited by Sleepwalking, 31 December 2017 - 11:47 AM.

Niko.

Actually i don't hate him but when i see him he reminds me GTA IV and GTA IV is a huge disappoinment for me.

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:54 AM Edited by Penguin Bob, 31 December 2017 - 11:54 AM.

I don't hate any protagonist. I think all of them all badasses. I think i stated this in a similar topic. EDIT: Why don't people like Tommy? RIP

• Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95, eCola and 2 others like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:06 AM Edited by Journey_95, 24 January 2018 - 08:10 AM.

I don't hate any protagonist. I think all of them all badasses. I think i stated this in a similar topic. EDIT: Why don't people like Tommy? RIP

He is too badass for them.

I dislike:

1. Claude (mute evil sh*t, makes replaying the game a chore. Wish Sal killed him)

2. Toni (talking Claude, terrorist, asskisser. This dude sucked)

3. Luis (bland as f*ck guy, feels like Rockstar didn't even try. Huge disappointment after getting Niko and Johnny who were compelling).

I would include CJ but I like him in the LS arc. Trevor is a cartoon for sure but apart from his sh*tty intro he can be fun and even likable at points..

• Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, AmigaMix and 1 other like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:16 AM Edited by Journey_95, 24 January 2018 - 08:24 AM.

I'm not sure I hate any of the protags unlike some members in here.. But I used to really dislike Niko because he was pretty whiny, always dour and depressed. He was ungrateful for being in the USA because we know he came there for the bitches and ho's and mansion that his cousin promised. But when we find out he's really there to find someone that f*cked him over, I can't get on his side. I don't care for him that much that I want to go after someone that f*cked him over 10 years before the game has even began. That doesn't make sense. Also having an American do a silly Serbian accent ruins it. Why not get a real Serbian that speaks English?  It's like you can hear Hollick forget to act because he main focus on doing his ridiculous accent. I had so much hope for Niko. I like idea of him but the execution is poor.

Then there's Michael and Trevor. The two of them are so bitchy it's unreal. To hear them nag at each other is so tiresome. Michael is such a snake and a backstabber, it's hard to be on his side. It's not like Vercetti when you f*ck over your mob family, you did 10 years for them and you genuinely got robbed in the deal. You are on Vercetti's side. But did Rockstar want me to like Michael after f*cking over Trevor? Did Rockstar want me to feel sorry for Trevor even though he's the annoying guy on speed or crystal that you have to listen to sh*ting-on in your ear all day. 

Franklin doesn't have any personality, he's just chilled, supposed voice of reason in a cage of retards.

The ideas for these characters are great but then they talk and whine too much. Can we not have a character that whines or is whining all the time with someone else? 

GTA protags should learn to keep their feelings to themselves and be less talkative. Like John Wick, he doesn't talk much and he gets the job done. We have hours with our protagonist. It's not like a 90min film where you are trying to develop character in 3 short acts. It's more like 2 seasons of a TV series and more where you have approx 30 hours to develop the protagonist. We don't need them spewing about themselves all the time about their feelings. 

Give me a protag that says less. so I've less chance to disagree with them. If he curses at the traffic, great. Chances are I am too. If he curses at the people he's assaulting, great. He's badass. Don't make my characters motivations something that happened not in the game. Give us a prologue. Maybe IV was going to do that but they scrapped it? Develop character over 30 or more hours. We're smart, perceptive people. We don't need a caricature-type hammy guy that expresses who he is every time he gets the chance. We get it. Keep us guessing, keep the character a little mysterious. 

Also problem with protags that talk too much is  that we're getting a double-dose of their personality, I think. When it comes to cut-scenes they're talking about what they want, who they are, who they hate etc, then we know them from the missions we're on. When really, the missions should be enough to release enough info about the character to know what they're like. 

Couldn't disagree more. Characters talking more & interacting with others makes them feel human. They aren't emotionless killing machine's. Normal people complain... John Wick is a poor example since he isn't exactly compelling.

Also I don't get it. You want a prologue for GTA IV but then also want more mystery? Which is it?

Tommy is one of my favourite GTA protagonists but I definitely would have appreciated it if he talked more (like during missions where he barely says anything). 

• jaljax and Nenad Grujic like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:21 AM Edited by Journey_95, 24 January 2018 - 08:22 AM.

People hate Claude for not talking but what could he have said? He was a guy that got his ass shot and left for dead by his ex girl friend but survived and was starting completely over. If I were him I'd keep my mouth shut too and just make my money all the way up until  I finally get to get pay back. Then I'd have a lot to say. I like to think Claude had a lot to say after the final mission of GTA 3 but sadly we never got to see that.

Let's be honest, the only reason Claude doesn't talk is because back then Rockstar just didn't care about that. They focused on other things and thats understandable. GTA 3 was groundbreaking in many ways, just not with its MC. 

And plenty of GTA protagonists get screwed over somehow. Not talking about it and just a emotionless mute doesn't make sense..

AmigaMix
  • AmigaMix

human being

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Toni Cipriani,

he's a cruel, psychopathic lapdog.

While Claudes is a mean "pos" too,

his crimes are at least (usually) focused on other criminals and their property.

I wouldn't say that I hate Toni, but he isn't very likeable either.

• Jeansowaty and jaljax like this

Kane49
  • Kane49

iiCriminnaaL~

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:03 AM

Trevor Phillips as well.

I prefer stating a few reasons:

A total psychopath man.

Killed Johnny Klebitz (who is one of my favorite protagonists).

A lowlife desert guy. I don't like that kind of GTA protagonist.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

He is too badass for them.

I dislike:

1. Claude (mute evil sh*t, makes replaying the game a chore. Wish Sal killed him)

2. Toni (talking Claude, terrorist, asskisser. This dude sucked)

3. Luis (bland as f*ck guy, feels like Rockstar didn't even try. Huge disappointment after getting Niko and Johnny who were compelling).

I would include CJ but I like him in the LS arc. Trevor is a cartoon for sure but apart from his sh*tty intro he can be fun and even likable at points..

Claude the mute evil sh*t lol :lol: that was funny

I agree about Toni.. a very boring character & he really did feel like a talking version of Claude .

Luis was okay , but not the greatest though

• Jeansowaty and Kane49 like this

NumberNineLarge
  • NumberNineLarge

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

I haven't played every GTA game and am playing through V for the first time.

That said, I don't hate any protagonist, but Franklin feels out of place since it becomes more about Trevor and Michael's relationship. They just decided to randomly stick some third wheel in there who seems to have insufficient character development. Maybe if there was one protagonist and it was him, I'd like him more.

Michael I'm conflicted on. Some elements of him are the pure essence of the franchise. He has a dysfunctional family, but he does care about them. Even though he has some great qualities, he also seems whiny and spineless at times.

I see a lot of this has been a bash Trevor thread. I think he's my favorite character in the whole series.
  • jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users