Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Protagonist you hate the most in the Gta Series?

83 replies to this topic
DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

I'd say Franklin, he is boring and lacks any development. (at least that's what I think)

my second hated protagonist is Trevor, he is just a psychopath who hurts the weak and defenceless people, he also killed Johnny Klebitz (my second favorite protagonist) which made me hate him even more.

• anthony, Niobium, The American Army 1775 and 2 others like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

Franklin, though I don't hate him. I just think his character story went...nowhere. Not a memorable character in the slightest. I actually think the game might have been better without him.

• theGTAking101 and jaljax like this

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Lol trevor a vilain ? Trevor should be deleted from GTA, he can't be anything at all.
  • jaljax and Kane49 like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

People hate Claude for not talking but what could he have said? He was a guy that got his ass shot and left for dead by his ex girl friend but survived and was starting completely over. If I were him I'd keep my mouth shut too and just make my money all the way up until  I finally get to get pay back. Then I'd have a lot to say. I like to think Claude had a lot to say after the final mission of GTA 3 but sadly we never got to see that.

• anthony, InkJaw, DimitriFaustin and 3 others like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Luis was a badass I don't get the hate.... Watch it you greaseball f*ck. - Luis Lopez
  • Roger Cheeto, DimitriFaustin, Yinepi and 1 other like this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Luis Lopez and Toni Cipriani.

Even though Luis is the more "positive" character of the IV trio, I was just never really into him as much as I was for Niko and Johnny. I never cared for Luis' story other than the fact that he killed Bulgarin thus giving closure to Niko's story.

Toni is a psychotic badass who butchered a man alive and committed acts of terrorism..but why? For Salvatore? Toni had no motivation other than impressing his mother and being Sal's bitch. I liked him a lot in III, but I just don't understand his story much in LCS. He literally has like no goal, he just does whatever the mob wants him to do. That's kind of a boring story for GTA, though I did like the Mafioso vibes and the game overall.

Imo,LCS and TboGT had bland protags but fun gameplay.
  • anthony, KnowDude, DimitriFaustin and 2 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:15 AM Edited by Yinepi, 11 March 2017 - 08:22 AM.

Johnny. Such a mess of a protagonist.

I'm glad Trevor did what I always wanted to do and also destroyed most of his 1970s fruity gay leather club.

• Roger Cheeto, Stierlitz, DimitriFaustin and 2 others like this

xspy40
  • xspy40

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

I have a love and hate relationship with Trevor.

His personality is unique, but he's really ugly to look at, and worst of all - he killed Johnny. I loved TLAD. That was a big stab :/

• jaljax likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:13 AM Edited by Phnx., 11 March 2017 - 10:11 AM.

The V trio takes my top 3 list of the most hated protagonists with Trevor being the number one for what he did with Johnny as well as because he's just a f*cking sissy who pretends to be a badass.
  • Niobium and LincolnClay like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

The Butcher of Blaviken

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Trevor, oh God. F*ckin' Trevor. I had so much high hopes for him. I have never been so irrationally conflicted on a protagonist of any kind. I did not like the over the top gags that he always does. I am not a fan of the things he abuses, and the way he treats people like they are destined to be six feet under.  I felt that he did not belong, or fit in a GTA game, his cartoon-like behavior felt out of place, and I did not like the way he always expresses what he feels to the people that couldn't care less about him. I am not against a protagonist that is morally unlawful, but  Rockstar made Trevor as a character and took all the great ideas of a evil sadistic, unhinged anti-hero of sorts and put it all together as a inconsistent, totally unlikeable, meth addicted, childish maniac. Trevor could have been so good if he was a not just your typical crazy maniac, but more of a threatening unpredictable psycho that could explode in any minute like Jack Torrance in The Shining, or Walter White from Breaking Bad.

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Niobium and 3 others like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:04 PM Edited by Niobium, 11 March 2017 - 11:06 PM.

trevor is hands down the worst GTA character, and possibly one of the worst characters in gaming. people say his character is brilliant because represents the average GTA player with his psychopathy, but it's already been done before with claude, tommy and toni. he is not an original character. he is just childish, absurd, and extremely overrated.

CJ may be a bitch, but he does not even compare to trevor. at least with CJ, his loyalty to his grove homies is a likeable trait. trevor on the other hand..... i have no idea why everyone thinks he is fu*king loyal. he claims he is loyal and honest, but he always bullies those who are weaker than him.... that is not a very likeable trait, and it also makes him the biggest hypocrite in the entire galaxy. also, CJ is actually smart; for example he outsmarted tenpenny when he was about to shoot him in the final mission. trevor on the other hand is a fu*king idiot, and acts like one.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, anthony and 6 others like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

trevor is hands down the worst GTA character, and possibly one of the worst characters in gaming. people say his character is brilliant because represents the average GTA player with his psychopathy, but it's already been done before with claude, tommy and toni. he is not an original character. he is just childish, absurd, and extremely overrated.CJ may be a bitch, but he does not even compare to trevor. at least with CJ, his loyalty to his grove homies is a likeable trait. trevor on the other hand..... i have no idea why everyone thinks he is fu*king loyal. he claims he is loyal and honest, but he always bullies those who are weaker than him.... that is not a very likeable trait, and it also makes him the biggest hypocrite in the entire galaxy. also, CJ is actually smart; for example he outsmarted tenpenny when he was about to shoot him in the final mission. trevor on the other hand is a fu*king idiot, and acts like one.

And CJ is actually funny, while Trevor is that kinda guy who says something and forces you to laugh or else.

I don't hate Trevor, but he's just not my kind of character. I did, honestly, enjoy his missions though. Only for the gameplay, the story and dialogue was mediocre.
  • Niobium, eCola and jaljax like this

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

You can't stop me! You BUSTA Carl!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:05 AM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 12 March 2017 - 08:05 AM.

trevor is hands down the worst GTA character, and possibly one of the worst characters in gaming. people say his character is brilliant because represents the average GTA player with his psychopathy, but it's already been done before with claude, tommy and toni. he is not an original character. he is just childish, absurd, and extremely overrated.CJ may be a bitch, but he does not even compare to trevor. at least with CJ, his loyalty to his grove homies is a likeable trait. trevor on the other hand..... i have no idea why everyone thinks he is fu*king loyal. he claims he is loyal and honest, but he always bullies those who are weaker than him.... that is not a very likeable trait, and it also makes him the biggest hypocrite in the entire galaxy. also, CJ is actually smart; for example he outsmarted tenpenny when he was about to shoot him in the final mission. trevor on the other hand is a fu*king idiot, and acts like one.

And CJ is actually funny, while Trevor is that kinda guy who says something and forces you to laugh or else.
I don't hate Trevor, but he's just not my kind of character. I did, honestly, enjoy his missions though. Only for the gameplay, the story and dialogue was mediocre.
I really only liked him because of his special ability to avoid gunfire during his rage. Never really liked his character too much. He was alright for being a psychopath of the three protags but he was more like "meh".
  • jaljax likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

CJ's definitely the more likeable of the two. Trevor's just an idiot and isn't as intelligent as he's made out to be.

The guy spends over a decade believing Brad could still be alive even though he watched him get shot and slowly dying ffs.
  • Tycek, anthony, Niobium and 3 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:17 PM Edited by anthony, 12 March 2017 - 12:58 PM.

I would give anything in the world to switch Trevor for Eddie Low, but really like ANYTHING. Eddie is so a bad person, he will scare you just by speaking a bit with you; you just feel that something is isn't right lmao and thats the truth.

I mean imo Eddie is really a bad guy, what he say to Niko the second encounter is just, mehh just crazy and yeah, horrible; thats why I like a lot this character because R* push the things a bit far with him and maybe a lot of players would certainly not play with someone like this but hey, that is a true psychopath, a psychopath shouldn't be funny the way Trevor was (maybe not even funny at all in any ways) and especially not brainless like him. He should be f*cking disturbing and f*cked up and we, players should feel that and be like "sh*t that is bad, this guy feel like a IRL psychopath child molester killer"

sh*t, Trevor is not even scary.

Anyway what I want to say is, because I'm struggle to explain myself precisly sometime because the english is not my native language; if R* do an another "psychopath whatever" they should take some inspirations from real killer and psycho and whatever the worst people, follow a bit what they have done with Eddie.

Anyways I will stop with this off topic lol.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Light Syde Riandy, eCola and 5 others like this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Luis Lopez easily.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

I'm not sure I hate any of the protags unlike some members in here.. But I used to really dislike Niko because he was pretty whiny, always dour and depressed. He was ungrateful for being in the USA because we know he came there for the bitches and ho's and mansion that his cousin promised. But when we find out he's really there to find someone that f*cked him over, I can't get on his side. I don't care for him that much that I want to go after someone that f*cked him over 10 years before the game has even began. That doesn't make sense. Also having an American do a silly Serbian accent ruins it. Why not get a real Serbian that speaks English?  It's like you can hear Hollick forget to act because he main focus on doing his ridiculous accent. I had so much hope for Niko. I like idea of him but the execution is poor.

Then there's Michael and Trevor. The two of them are so bitchy it's unreal. To hear them nag at each other is so tiresome. Michael is such a snake and a backstabber, it's hard to be on his side. It's not like Vercetti when you f*ck over your mob family, you did 10 years for them and you genuinely got robbed in the deal. You are on Vercetti's side. But did Rockstar want me to like Michael after f*cking over Trevor? Did Rockstar want me to feel sorry for Trevor even though he's the annoying guy on speed or crystal that you have to listen to sh*ting-on in your ear all day. 

Franklin doesn't have any personality, he's just chilled, supposed voice of reason in a cage of retards.

The ideas for these characters are great but then they talk and whine too much. Can we not have a character that whines or is whining all the time with someone else? 

GTA protags should learn to keep their feelings to themselves and be less talkative. Like John Wick, he doesn't talk much and he gets the job done. We have hours with our protagonist. It's not like a 90min film where you are trying to develop character in 3 short acts. It's more like 2 seasons of a TV series and more where you have approx 30 hours to develop the protagonist. We don't need them spewing about themselves all the time about their feelings. 

Give me a protag that says less. so I've less chance to disagree with them. If he curses at the traffic, great. Chances are I am too. If he curses at the people he's assaulting, great. He's badass. Don't make my characters motivations something that happened not in the game. Give us a prologue. Maybe IV was going to do that but they scrapped it? Develop character over 30 or more hours. We're smart, perceptive people. We don't need a caricature-type hammy guy that expresses who he is every time he gets the chance. We get it. Keep us guessing, keep the character a little mysterious. 

Also problem with protags that talk too much is  that we're getting a double-dose of their personality, I think. When it comes to cut-scenes they're talking about what they want, who they are, who they hate etc, then we know them from the missions we're on. When really, the missions should be enough to release enough info about the character to know what they're like. 

You are right, man (mostly). Hollick was terrible in acting, he's Serbian was like my Portugues (just an example). I could do some words in my own language. I don't understand, why RG choose Hollick instead of someone who can actually speak Serbian (or me). See you, take care. 

Meh... his voice acting was ok, Not the best though in my opinion . It was rumoured that Vladimir Mashkov was asked by RG if he would like to play the role of the main character in Gta IV , but he declined their offer so the character was resembled to look like him but was renamed Niko Bellic.[citation needed]

Really great and detailed feedback from all of you, especially the hilarious one's lol.  :lol:  :^:

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Tommy V

Such an overrated smug conceited & cocky prick, also highly cliche & generic.

• Yinepi and jaljax like this

DESLONNOR
  • DESLONNOR

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:06 PM Edited by DESLONNOR, 01 April 2017 - 10:07 PM.

Trevor

• anthony, eCola, LincolnClay and 3 others like this

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

I think Steven Ogg is a pretty cool guy, I like his voice and would have been the best GTA Protag if he was a calm, less abusive towards his employees, and have a gang that was at least half as battle hardened as he was, a guy you know you can fear for his ability to takeover blaine county instead of his anger issues that make you feel his just a man-child, first outburst showed him to be intimidating but it got over done to the point it's just predictable that he'd start shouting and screaming.

I like Trevor, he has good qualities and moments I'd leave in, he's comfortable and speaks his mind, he can be charming but does not take crap from ungrateful people, he fears nobody and should of been a fearless leader of TPI industries commanding a group of tough guys than 2 weedy little yes men that cannot stand up to him but get abused anyway.

I feel Trevor got ruined for being made comedic Protagonist and I believe Steven Ogg had the potential for a villainous Protag or the main antagonist.
  • B Dawg and Payne Killer like this

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Trevor definitely. His stupid character ruined the plot putting the other protagonists in shadow.
Second place would be Luis Lopez. Just because he's too self confident and cocky sometimes.
  • Kane49 likes this

Semtex tk
  • Semtex tk

GTA pro

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

I like all but each era has my least favorite
(2D)- not really anyone but I dislike GTA London
(3D)- mike from GTA advance but actual 3D character would be Toni
(HD) HUNG LEE or actually HD would be Mike

_Moe
  • _Moe

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

Franklin. Nothing personal, I just never felt anything while playing as him. It felt like playing as a black NPC from the hood, not a protagonist.

• Payne Killer and Kane49 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

I f*cking hate Niko because he won't write me back after I sent him 30 love letters.

• Algonquin Assassin, KnowDude, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Saganist
  • Saganist

The Cosmos Is Within Us

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Trevor. He was hilarious at times but just too psychotic and annoying. Franklin kinda sucked as well not because was a bad character he just lacked proper story development. Michael was the only good protagonist of GTA V. I'm not very fond of Johnny either.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

I f*cking hate Niko because he won't write me back after I sent him 30 love letters.

Bowling > love letters.

BELIEVE DAT!!!

• Payne Killer likes this

KnowDude
  • KnowDude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:55 AM Edited by KnowDude, 17 April 2017 - 09:37 PM.

Toni Cipriani, he's constantly being Don Leone's bitch and doesn't feel one bit of remorse for killing an entire vivid district with possibly thousands of innocent people (Fort Staunton/Little Italy). 

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

The trio from V.

Toni Cipriani.

I don't hate CJ but his whining annoys me a lot.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

CJ , Anthony Prince & Luis Lopez the low life protagonists in
GTA Universe.

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

I get why people don't like Michael, but I don't get what makes him anyone's least favorite, it's quite evident that the writers put the most effort into making Michael's story and personality out of all the Trio while leaving Franklin in the back-burner.

To be quite honest, I don't consider boring protagonists as terrible, they're just not fun to play with and nothing more, so I don't really have that much of a problem with Franklin or Toni.

However, the worst has to go to Trevor. Just imagine having a true psychopath as a protagonist, and despite having all the necessary ingredients and material to make him the best character in all of the franchise, they heavily f*cked it up once they flanderized him with exaggerated mother issues and lolrandum humor with dresses and pig anus tattoos. I wanted to play as a monster, a man who's psychologically f*cked up way beyond saving and leaves behind carnage and destruction, not as a joke who harasses people on the beach while wearing nothing but his own tighty-whities a day after stealing a f*cking chemical weapon. He's the biggest example of a missed opportunity and a big reason why GTA V didn't live up to its deserved potential, but don't get me wrong, Steven Ogg's performance as him when it comes to dialogue and body-language is phenomenal, it's just that the writers dropped the ball super hard here.
  • LincolnClay and Kane49 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users