Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Protagonist you hate the most in the Gta Series?

85 replies to this topic
jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

I am really not quite sure if a topic similar to this is made already by someone else, but i was wondering what are the protagonist's you hate the most and why do you hate them?  Mine for example-Toni Cipriani because in my opinion he is really annoying and is just a boring/blan protagonist...

You can make a list of the ones you hate or simply just name one and the reason why you dislike the protagonist. 

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

I don't hate him, but Luis is my least favorite.
  • ten-a-penny, Pink Pineapple and SMACKED! like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

Michael. Terrible friend and a family man.
  • Jeansowaty, The Deadite, The American Army 1775 and 1 other like this

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Trevor acts like a 2 year old murder with anger issues not exactly what we all asked for.

• Algonquin Assassin, Sunrise Driver, anthony and 2 others like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Toni for getting fat and being a momma's bitch.

CJ cause he's a bitch.
  • Algonquin Assassin, xspy40, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

I don't hate the guy, but to me Huang Lee came across as a douchebag, so it's him. Once again, I don't hate him at all. He's just unfortunately my pick for least favourite GTA protagonist. Who knows one day he'd rise up to the rank?

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:16 AM Edited by yeahmantiptap, 08 March 2017 - 07:20 AM.

Trevor because he's a f*ckin' retard.

Luis, mostly because of his voice actor but I don't really hate him tho, just don't like his character.

And Michael also cause' he is a pussy.

• Algonquin Assassin, Niobium and LincolnClay like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Michael coz he's annoying.
Claude doesn't speak. He just moves his head upwards & backwards. That's too irritating.
  • Jeansowaty and The Deadite like this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Trevor at first but I like him now

I have to say franklin

• Payne Killer and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

Nenad Grujic
  • Nenad Grujic

Nenad

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Trevor, for me. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Niobium, jaljax and 1 other like this

Aquilus
  • Aquilus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

CJ. God he's a whiny bitch. How did he never kill everyone in CRASH long before End of the Line? He never once just stood up to their asses like the other protags.

• Algonquin Assassin, jaljax and NikoB.IV like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Without a doubt, Trevor.

• Algonquin Assassin, Niobium and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:48 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 08 March 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Trevor.He was apparently supposed to be a badass cold-blooded psycho redneck,but instead turned out to be an immature manchild throwing tantrums whenever something isn't his way (I doubt anyone over 12 thinks that's badass).To make things even worse,to show how "badass" he is,they made him kill Johnny, Terry and Clay,characters which actually were badass back in TLAD,but didn't even put up a fight in GTA 5.

• Algonquin Assassin, blackindia, Tycek and 5 others like this

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Trevor, Franklin and Luis.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

All of them have heavy flaws. Luis si the worst, really hate him.

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:44 PM Edited by Paul72, 09 March 2017 - 07:08 PM.

I don't hate any protagonist, but I do dislike CJ for his querulous behavior. I mean it's fine to complain when it's reasonable, but CJ complains about EVERYTHING! He tells Toreno he nearly lost his life for him when all he did was steal a jet and used it to destroy stationary boats. Then he complains about a rocket launcher in the middle of the f*cking riot! Cesar even called him out on that sh*t! Man CJ is the most querulous protagonist ever!

• Algonquin Assassin, jaljax and Richie Makyura like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

I don't hate any of the protagonists.

• Sunrise Driver and Richie Makyura like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

I'd say Franklin is my least favourite. All he does is complain about things, yet never tries to change anything. Also he just seems the most disconnected character in GTA V, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if he wasn't one of the main characters. Not only that but I find his dialogue plain stupid. His idiolect and chemistry with Lamar is fine, but when he does his little rants he just sounds dumb. It's disappointing because from the trailers I thought he'd be my favourite character in GTA V.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

CJ: Nothing more than a whiny blank state avatar with a voice. Gangsta Barbie doll. 

Trevor: I don't have an issue with a more villainous kind of protagonist, but Trevor's an insult to that idea from top to bottom.

I have my gripes with Luis and Franklin, but I don't hate them. I don't even really dislike them infact. CJ and Trevor on the other hand are game breakers.

• LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:35 AM

Trevor f'n Phillips for all reasons already pointed out by others. Worse character to ever happen to GTA period. I would have rather had CJ back or to play as Packie.

• anthony, Saganist and NikoB.IV like this

Audi
  • Audi

If I can't do it, Homie it can't be done

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Trevor and Claude

DuduLima
  • DuduLima

Aircraft Interceptor

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

I don't like Luis ... I just don't like him as protag, it is one of the most random characters in IV, even Johnny made more sense in IV timeline. Johnny and Niko ... both had clear objetives (at a big part of their stories), and their actions made the plot interligated: The kidnapping of Roman, The heroin deal and The diamond deal in the museum. Well Luis ... is just a random bodyguard which got involved in the story, in a random way because of its boss.

Trevor, i don't the way how he was developed, i mean, for a psycho i expected more, we just saw his "psycho side" only in 1 mission (Mr. Philips), in the other missions he is just a crying rebel kid which cares about his friends and just wants to make money.

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

I don't like any of the protagonists from the HD era... They 3D games had flaws, but that's part of their charm :) On the other hand, I really like CJ because of the game he is in... Even though I am nothing like him lol

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Trevor
* I really don't know why R* had such a character implemented in the game ( to appease the kids? ).

* All the scenes which were meant to make Trevor look like a badass felt forced and unreal.

* Trevor is the biggest hypocrite, not even Michael. He had no problem killing innocents without reason, yet he couldn't accept it when the same happened to him.

* Leader of failed businesses and heists ( Shoot first, think later attitude )

* Rockstar could've done better with Trevor.
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony and *DERGaming like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

Honestly I think someone like Trevor should have been made the villain rather then one of the playable characters. 

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

I don't hate any of the protagonists, but I of course have my least favorites.

* CJ - I used to think this guy was just the coolest when I first played the game, but over time, yeah, he's a bit of a whiner. I can see what Rockstar were trying to do, by having the protagonist be an ordinary guy (more or less) thrown into this crazy situation, but it doesn't make for the most engaging protagonist for this kind of game, and overall he's rather bland compared to the much more interesting Sweet. I actually think Sweet would have been a much cooler protagonist, really. Thinking about it, if they'd been able to introduce the multiple protagonists feature back then, it'd actually be kind of cool if the initial Los Santos portion had you playing as CJ, but then instead of CJ being forced to do Tenpenny's dirty work and Sweet going to jail, it'd be the other way around, and you'd find yourself playing as Sweet for most of the remainder of the game. He could do pretty much all of the stuff CJ wound up doing, but with the carrot on the stick of not only freeing the only brother he has left from prison, but building up an empire around SA and becoming powerful enough to retake Grove Street. But I digress.

* Luis - He's okay I guess, but easily the weak link of the IV trio. I found him pretty bland for the most part, kind of like a proto-Franklin, but at least Franklin was in a somewhat more interesting situation and was pretty funny as the "straight man" in these crazy adventures. That said, I love his relationship with Tony. It's the heart of the game, and they make an engaging duo.

* Trevor - Hoo boy, I don't think I've ever felt so conflicted about a protagonist. Let's get the bad out of the way first: He hams it up WAAAAAAAAAY too much and is inconsistent as hell writing-wise. It's like they wanted to have their cake and eat it to by having this deranged, bloodthirsty psycho as a protagonist, but at the same time have him be this wacky, funny, and sometimes sympathetic nutcase you can laugh at without feeling TOO unnerved by. And while his story with Michael is pretty engaging, his own story (building up his empire in Blaine County, his scuffles with the Lost, Aztecas and Chinese, the godawful "romance" with Patricia Madrazo) feels out of place and interferes with what IMO should have been the central story, the relationship between Michael and Franklin. But on the other hand, Steven Ogg's performance is outstanding (even with the aforementioned hamming it up), and there are a couple moments where the character really shines. Like in the controversial "Mr. Philips", or most of "By the Book" (despite that OOC "Torture Advocate" speech at the end that was less Trevor speaking and more Rockstar on their soapbox), or the opening cutscene of "Fresh Meat", he really comes across as this horrifying, disturbed monster of a man you feel uncomfortable playing as, and I mean that in a positive way. I also really like the moments showing he's a lot smarter than he looks, like his assessment of the docks in "Scouting the Port" (one of the few moments I like in an otherwise yawn-a-minute snoreathon of a mission) and not falling for the mostly fake coke in "Hood Safari". A violent, unpredictable psycho who's dangerously intelligent; that's the Trevor I wish we got. Rather than the Trevor we did get, who's that as well as this weird, funny, crazy uncle who cross-dresses, pisses and sh*ts in public, blubbers while driving the woman he kidnapped and fell in love with back to her husband while listening to Chicago, and asks people to marry him before killing them (really... WTF?!). Overall, I will say that I like the character overall for those aforementioned flashes of greatness, but much like the rest of GTA V, he could have been so much better.

• Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway, CaptainMental and 1 other like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

Michael, he's a whiny annoying ass that doesn't add anything to gta V gameplay wise.
  • Jeansowaty and Payne Killer like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Michael. I hate this hypocritical, treacherous bastard the most outta all the protagonists. He's a deranged lying moron with no honor values whatsoever. For me ending B is canon.

Second vote would be Claude, since he's just a damn robot who doesn't care about anything - he made all the gangs in Liberty City try to wipe him off the ground (I'm sure that the Yakuza would catch up with him killing Kenji sooner or later) except the Red Jacks who were weak and barely got in touch with other gangs anyway. I'm afraid that even if he'd run away to Anywhere City or Carcer or Vice or whatever, all his enemies would still go after him. 

• The Deadite likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:45 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 09 March 2017 - 04:59 PM.

I'm not sure I hate any of the protags unlike some members in here.. But I used to really dislike Niko because he was pretty whiny, always dour and depressed. He was ungrateful for being in the USA because we know he came there for the bitches and ho's and mansion that his cousin promised. But when we find out he's really there to find someone that f*cked him over, I can't get on his side. I don't care for him that much that I want to go after someone that f*cked him over 10 years before the game has even began. That doesn't make sense. Also having an American do a silly Serbian accent ruins it. Why not get a real Serbian that speaks English?  It's like you can hear Hollick forget to act because he main focus on doing his ridiculous accent. I had so much hope for Niko. I like idea of him but the execution is poor.

Then there's Michael and Trevor. The two of them are so bitchy it's unreal. To hear them nag at each other is so tiresome. Michael is such a snake and a backstabber, it's hard to be on his side. It's not like Vercetti when you f*ck over your mob family, you did 10 years for them and you genuinely got robbed in the deal. You are on Vercetti's side. But did Rockstar want me to like Michael after f*cking over Trevor? Did Rockstar want me to feel sorry for Trevor even though he's the annoying guy on speed or crystal that you have to listen to sh*ting-on in your ear all day. 

Franklin doesn't have any personality, he's just chilled, supposed voice of reason in a cage of retards.

The ideas for these characters are great but then they talk and whine too much. Can we not have a character that whines or is whining all the time with someone else? 

GTA protags should learn to keep their feelings to themselves and be less talkative. Like John Wick, he doesn't talk much and he gets the job done. We have hours with our protagonist. It's not like a 90min film where you are trying to develop character in 3 short acts. It's more like 2 seasons of a TV series and more where you have approx 30 hours to develop the protagonist. We don't need them spewing about themselves all the time about their feelings. 

Give me a protag that says less. so I've less chance to disagree with them. If he curses at the traffic, great. Chances are I am too. If he curses at the people he's assaulting, great. He's badass. Don't make my characters motivations something that happened not in the game. Give us a prologue. Maybe IV was going to do that but they scrapped it? Develop character over 30 or more hours. We're smart, perceptive people. We don't need a caricature-type hammy guy that expresses who he is every time he gets the chance. We get it. Keep us guessing, keep the character a little mysterious. 

Also problem with protags that talk too much is  that we're getting a double-dose of their personality, I think. When it comes to cut-scenes they're talking about what they want, who they are, who they hate etc, then we know them from the missions we're on. When really, the missions should be enough to release enough info about the character to know what they're like. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and Maibatsu545 like this

Nenad Grujic
  • Nenad Grujic

Nenad

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

I'm not sure I hate any of the protags unlike some members in here.. But I used to really dislike Niko because he was pretty whiny, always dour and depressed. He was ungrateful for being in the USA because we know he came there for the bitches and ho's and mansion that his cousin promised. But when we find out he's really there to find someone that f*cked him over, I can't get on his side. I don't care for him that much that I want to go after someone that f*cked him over 10 years before the game has even began. That doesn't make sense. Also having an American do a silly Serbian accent ruins it. Why not get a real Serbian that speaks English?  It's like you can hear Hollick forget to act because he main focus on doing his ridiculous accent. I had so much hope for Niko. I like idea of him but the execution is poor.

Then there's Michael and Trevor. The two of them are so bitchy it's unreal. To hear them nag at each other is so tiresome. Michael is such a snake and a backstabber, it's hard to be on his side. It's not like Vercetti when you f*ck over your mob family, you did 10 years for them and you genuinely got robbed in the deal. You are on Vercetti's side. But did Rockstar want me to like Michael after f*cking over Trevor? Did Rockstar want me to feel sorry for Trevor even though he's the annoying guy on speed or crystal that you have to listen to sh*ting-on in your ear all day. 

Franklin doesn't have any personality, he's just chilled, supposed voice of reason in a cage of retards.

The ideas for these characters are great but then they talk and whine too much. Can we not have a character that whines or is whining all the time with someone else? 

GTA protags should learn to keep their feelings to themselves and be less talkative. Like John Wick, he doesn't talk much and he gets the job done. We have hours with our protagonist. It's not like a 90min film where you are trying to develop character in 3 short acts. It's more like 2 seasons of a TV series and more where you have approx 30 hours to develop the protagonist. We don't need them spewing about themselves all the time about their feelings. 

Give me a protag that says less. so I've less chance to disagree with them. If he curses at the traffic, great. Chances are I am too. If he curses at the people he's assaulting, great. He's badass. Don't make my characters motivations something that happened not in the game. Give us a prologue. Maybe IV was going to do that but they scrapped it? Develop character over 30 or more hours. We're smart, perceptive people. We don't need a caricature-type hammy guy that expresses who he is every time he gets the chance. We get it. Keep us guessing, keep the character a little mysterious. 

Also problem with protags that talk too much is  that we're getting a double-dose of their personality, I think. When it comes to cut-scenes they're talking about what they want, who they are, who they hate etc, then we know them from the missions we're on. When really, the missions should be enough to release enough info about the character to know what they're like. 

You are right, man (mostly). Hollick was terrible in acting, he's Serbian was like my Portugues (just an example). I could do some words in my own language. I don't understand, why RG choose Hollick instead of someone who can actually speak Serbian (or me). See you, take care. 

• jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users