4 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

In some save files, the text when CJ enters an area controlled by a gang is the colour of that gang. For example, if the Ballas control Idlewood, and CJ enters Idlewood, the text will be purple. Why does this happen in some save files but not others?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

Um... IIRC, the colored text is displayed if the zone has mixed density. Try fiddling with the density settings using the zone tool of the Savegame Editor 3.x, maybe you can find the pattern. Although, I'm sure I've read reports on this before. The results should be buried here somewhere. Also, I think some popular mods might enable the colored text for all zone name text, so that might throw off results for some players.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Um... IIRC, the colored text is displayed if the zone has mixed density.

Is this possible in an unmodded game?

Pastry
  • Pastry

im fed up with this worl

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

It should be if you die during a defense mission on one of your own territories. Been a long time since I tested it though.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

It should be if you die during a defense mission on one of your own territories. Been a long time since I tested it though.

That's one of the ways to achieve mixed density (multiple gangs occupying one turf).

You don't really need to die, though.  Just wait until you get the message 'You left the territory unchecked. You lost influence', and the attacking gang will have gained 30 density in that turf, or 18 if you visit it while it's under attack (and -3 for each killed attacker).

It can also be achieved while attacking other turfs, kill some gangsters from the first wave, optionally even 2nd/3rd, and leave that turf, soon you get the message saying you fled, but that territory will still get some GSF density (depending on how many gangsters you killed).

You could also use on of the territory glitches.

• OrionSR, Pastry and HalfOfAKebab like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users