Sliding Glitch Help

15 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 07 March 2017 - 10:17 PM.

So I'm sure most of us know about the sliding glitch to be able to move faster in interiors. It works by crouching, sprinting, and just before CJ is fully stood up, aiming with a gun that he can move and aim with (e.g. AK-47). This is helpful because it's faster than running, but slower than sprinting - it's good for interiors where CJ cannot sprint.

However, I'm having trouble doing it. I can get the slide to work, however I can only slide at jogging speed. I can't slide at a faster speed than what CJ would normally jog at.

Any tips?

Edit: Here's a GIF of what my sliding looks like. Is this right? https://gfycat.com/N...bradorretriever

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

I'd recommend watching this video:

However, I think your problem is that your AK47 skill isn't hitman. If you reach it, your sliding will be a lot faster, which you probably expect.

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

I'd recommend watching this video:

However, I think your problem is that your AK47 skill isn't hitman. If you reach it, your sliding will be a lot faster, which you probably expect.

That's the same video I watched to learn how to do it :p. I'm also Hitman level in my AK. No matter what gun I use, I can't go faster than in the GIF.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

I compared your video to what can happen to me. What happened on your gif occured to me for 2 reasons: if I press "sprint" before "forward" and if I aim before sprinting. Necessary sequence is "forward" then "sprint" then "aim". Timing is not too tight unless you have frame limiter off. Maybe this will help :)

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

I compared your video to what can happen to me. What happened on your gif occured to me for 2 reasons: if I press "sprint" before "forward" and if I aim before sprinting. Necessary sequence is "forward" then "sprint" then "aim". Timing is not too tight unless you have frame limiter off. Maybe this will help :)

I've made sure I'm doing it in the right order but I still can't hit it :/. How long should you wait before aiming once you start sprinting?

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

The window is quite long, as far as I can tell. I don't think another video showing my successful attempts will help though. You can start walking forward long before, the deciding sequence is "sprint" then "aim". I can safely release sprint button before pressing aim button and still get full speed sliding.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

The window is quite long, as far as I can tell. I don't think another video showing my successful attempts will help though. You can start walking forward long before, the deciding sequence is "sprint" then "aim". I can safely release sprint button before pressing aim button and still get full speed sliding.

When you do it, press A and then S (in order to basically slide backwards). Does CJ just slide on the spot, or does he still slide forward but slowly?

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

When you do it, press A and then S (in order to basically slide backwards). Does CJ just slide on the spot, or does he still slide forward but slowly?

Slide forward but slowly.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Slide forward but slowly.

Hmm, something strange is happening. I taught my friend how to do the glitch. He can do it fast, but I can't, yet I'm the one who taught him how to do it - how does that make sense :p? It makes me think something is wrong with my save file, settings, or installation? My game is completely unmodded, I've tried a new save file, and I highly doubt it's my settings (since my frame limiter is enabled).

I don't know what to do :/.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Could be a result of your machine's CPU speed.  Compare with your friend.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Could be a result of your machine's CPU speed.  Compare with your friend.

Would this matter even though we both have the frame limiter enabled, and we're running at 25 FPS?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

I have found (during the use of three different computers) over the years that, yes, there may be different Clock speeds with the limiter on.

On one faster machine (3.0) vs. a slower CPU speed (2.8): it took 23 minutes vs. 25 minutes to get the pilot's license from flying the dodo, and 13 vs 15 minutes on the jet.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

On one faster machine (3.0) vs. a slower CPU speed (2.8): it took 23 minutes vs. 25 minutes to get the pilot's license from flying the dodo, and 13 vs 15 minutes on the jet.

Those are some relatively small differences. I doubt the difference between my i5-6500 and my friend's i7-6700 is the reason I absolutely cannot do it, but he can do it perfectly every time.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

but then let your friend do it on your game and your pc then you can blame him for forgetting how to do it, lol!  :colgate:

• lil weasel likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:38 AM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 22 March 2017 - 03:39 AM.

but then let your friend do it on your game and your pc then you can blame him for forgetting how to do it, lol!  :colgate:

I just got him to do this yesterday. He couldn't do it! He can do it on his PC, but not mine :/.

I can also slide on the PS2 version flawlessly, but I can't do it on my PC.

It's definitely something wrong with my PC, but I don't understand how that could be. I can't do it on NewSteam R2, nor v2.0.

Next time I'm at his house, I'll try sliding on his PC. If I can do it, that's just more evidence on the pile that it's something to do with my PC.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

try replacing keyboard! its the input devices that causes problems related to controlling sth in game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users