Photo

VC-2-GTAIII

III WIP
17 replies to this topic
SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:40 AM Edited by SomeGuy86, 06 March 2017 - 12:42 AM.

Hey guys, here's something you don't get to see every day! Not to this extent to say, at least... This modpack lets you ADD (NOT replace!) most, almost all of the vehicles from GTA Vice City!

//Getting Started
/
First of all, you need to have a clean, unmodified copy of GTAIII. No mods or file alternations of any kind, otherwise this modpack probably won't load up correctly and/or will crash the game. You also need to have the official v1.1 patch installed, which is included in this archive.

//Requirements
/
OK, so before you get started you NEED to have GTAIII Limit Adjuster v2.0 already installed, which is available here: http://www.gtainside...limit-adjuster/
You also need CLEO library which is available at http://cleo.li/ Without it, you won't have access to all the exclusive vehicles hidden across the entire Liberty City.
I also highly recommend that you get a "SilentPatch", available here: http://www.gtagarage...oad.php?f=39611 You don't have to do this step (as the game will work just fine without it), but it will add better visual effects, make the overall atmosphere a lot more similar to the one from Vice City.

//Installing
/
Once you have 1.1 patch, Limit Adjuster 2.0, CLEO Library & Silent Path installed, simply start up "install.exe" & browse to your GTAIII folder, where you want this modpack to be installed. Simple as that! smile.gif

//Testing the game
/
Once everything is (hopefully) set up, start up the game & drive around for few minutes... You SHOULD be seeing Vice City vehicles, driving along with pre-existing, standard GTA3 traffic.

//Special Notes
/
Due to current limitations of Limit Adjuster & GTAIII game engine in particular, some of the vehicles won't be fully accessible at this time. I'm referring to public service vehicles in particular (Police, FBI, Military, etc) with the exception of Taxis, those are fully functional. Furthermore, due to same limitations I've decided not to release the boats, even thought all the files & models had already been loaded into the game & can easily be manipulated to spawn, hopefully without crashing the game. Maybe that's something I'll look into, if I ever decide to make an update

//Have Fun!
/
Now that you have the game up & running, there are so many things you can do around Liberty City! Apart from trying out all the cars & trucks from Vice City, see if you can find ALL the hidden vehicles! This includes the following models: Firetruck, Ambulance, FBI Car (black Washington), Police car, Enforcer, Golf cart, Baggage, FBI Rancher, Hotring Racer(s), Bloodring Racer(s), Sandking along with Romero (hearse) and all the helicopters from Vice City. Do keep in mind however that because of the game limitations helicopters don't have a working rotor and have extremely simple behavior.

//Authors
/
Rockstar Games - Vice City models, textures & COLL files
LithJoe - automated GTA3 Mod Installer

DMagic - Wheel Mod for GTAIII

Vitlgt - limit adjuster which made this modpack possible
SomeGuy86 (myself) - converting the models from Vice into III, CLEO scripts & beta testing

DOWNLOAD

sshot1_thumb.jpg sshot2_thumb.jpg sshot3_thumb.jpg sshot4_thumb.jpg sshot5_thumb.jpg sshot6_thumb.jpg sshot7_thumb.jpg sshot8_thumb.jpg

Questions? Comments? Remarks? I'm open to your feedback & input :)

• Jinx., Kalvin, Jeansowaty and 4 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 06 March 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Feck, I just wanted to start this! You stole my idea, haha, good luck on it though :D

EDIT: Perhaps the SA Sentinel could fit nicely in there? :)

http://www.mediafire...l/SASentinel.7z

CeTlsSh.png

• SomeGuy86, Letus, Z i X and 2 others like this

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Ooopsie! Oh well, better luck next time  :D

Seriously though, yeah that's the beauty of limit adjusters ... you can add just about unlimited amount of new vehicles into the game, although I've started experiencing some weird spawn issues when adding (too many?) new models. Some of them never appear in traffic, never get picked by AI even though they are classified, properly set as poorfamily, richfamily or whatever, they are simply ignored... Perhaps that's something Vitlgt will address in the future, hopefully.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Seems like a nice project, but unfortunately it crashes my game. Tried on two different disc installations. Loading bar progresses to 15% and then it simply hangs. Any ideas on how to fix that?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:26 PM Edited by SomeGuy86, 20 March 2017 - 01:28 AM.

Seems like a nice project, but unfortunately it crashes my game. Tried on two different disc installations. Loading bar progresses to 15% and then it simply hangs. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Sounds like a problem with the limit adjuster... Did you install LA before VC-2-GTAIII mod? Also, you need to patch up the game with official v1.1 patch which is included with the archive, since the limit adjuster does not work with 1.0 exe

Edit

Oh, and just in case neither of suggestions work out for you, here's something else you can try - see if you can locate (and delete) TXD.img (and TXD.DIR) within "models" subfolder. Quite frankly not sure if this would cause the game to hang like that or not, but you can certainly give it a try.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

Sou

Sounds like a problem with the limit adjuster... Did you install LA before VC-2-GTAIII mod? Also, you need to patch up the game with official v1.1 patch which is included with the archive, since the limit adjuster does not work with 1.0 exe

Edit
Oh, and just in case neither of suggestions work out for you, here's something else you can try - see if you can locate (and delete) TXD.img (and TXD.DIR) within "models" subfolder. Quite frankly not sure if this would cause the game to hang like that or not, but you can certainly give it a try.

Yup, I installed LA first. Will try to remove TXD files and get back.

Matt1010
  • Matt1010

You got the point. I hope.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Doesn't work for me though, it just can't create the vehicles.gxt file.

and yes, I have installed Limit Adjuster 2.0, clean GTA3 and everything.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Hmmm... I'll bet you forgot to install CLEO! :) vehicles.fxt is where all the car names are stored & can only be installed (and used) if CLEO had been previously installed

http://cleo.li/

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

Something seems to be wrong with this mod. The game crashes a lot while damaging cars. Maybe some problem with streaming memory?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

Something seems to be wrong with this mod. The game crashes a lot while damaging cars. Maybe some problem with streaming memory?

You're right, and no it's not related to streaming memory but the collision models. I was going to correct that issue in the 2nd release (update, if you wish) by using III COLL models whenever possible, but never got around to actually do it.

Besides, to be completely honest I didn't think there would  be enough interest to "justify" spending more time & effort into this project.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

You're right, and no it's not related to streaming memory but the collision models. I was going to correct that issue in the 2nd release (update, if you wish) by using III COLL models whenever possible, but never got around to actually do it.

Besides, to be completely honest I didn't think there would  be enough interest to "justify" spending more time & effort into this project.

You should give it a try then. Unfortunately even the limit adjuster plugin doesn't increase the limit for CollModels for III. Maybe someone could give it a try someday?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

You should give it a try then. Unfortunately even the limit adjuster plugin doesn't increase the limit for CollModels for III. Maybe someone could give it a try someday?

No, you don't understand. It's not the limit-related issue, just plain & simple COLL problem. Something to do with Vice using more "advanced" collision models than GTA3. So when you trigger them (as in smash your car into the wall for example) it crashes the game. So really, the only working solution (apart from tweaking the actual COLL models) would be to use stock GTA3 models for all Vice vehicles. As in GTA3 taxi for VC taxi, GTA3 Idaho for VC Idaho, etc. You get the picture ;)

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

I tried what you said, but that doesn't seem to work either. I added about 20 cars and used GTA 3's colls, but the game still crashed, so there must be some other issue.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

I tried what you said, but that doesn't seem to work either. I added about 20 cars and used GTA 3's colls, but the game still crashed, so there must be some other issue.

Wait, hold on. You mean, you've added 20 additional vehicles, over the existing Vice-GTAIII pack? If that's the case, then I can't help you I'm afraid. The mod was designed to be stand-alone, without interfering into the original files, which means you probably did something to one of the files, causing it to crash &/or no longer be compatible with GTA3.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Wait, hold on. You mean, you've added 20 additional vehicles, over the existing Vice-GTAIII pack? If that's the case, then I can't help you I'm afraid. The mod was designed to be stand-alone, without interfering into the original files, which means you probably did something to one of the files, causing it to crash &/or no longer be compatible with GTA3.

I have two seperate instances of GTA3. First one is the newly-released "Director's Cut", second one is LCS Cars by DimZet13. Both of them have the same LA setup and they work just fine. I think the problem is in the wheels. Did you check their ID's for conflicts? Maybe you should either change ID's or embed the wheels inside standart DFF file. I can't be 100% sure about this, but it's the only thing I can blame.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Matt1010
  • Matt1010

You got the point. I hope.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

Hmmm... I'll bet you forgot to install CLEO! :) vehicles.fxt is where all the car names are stored & can only be installed (and used) if CLEO had been previously installed

late response: No, I didn't. All it does is just... nothing. If I open gta3.exe, the game won't startup.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

late response: No, I didn't. All it does is just... nothing. If I open gta3.exe, the game won't startup.

Wheels and collision models are incompatible with GTA3. Until he'll replace them with originals, you won't be able to run the game. Sorry.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Speaking of which, sorry for the late response myself :) Really, I can't think of any obvious reason that would cause a problem such as this... Maybe you should re-install the entire game from scratch & give it another try. First of all you need a fresh, non-modded copy of GTA3, with the official v1.1 patch. Then you need to install the limit adjuster and only then CLEO. I gave it a try myself, and is working perfectly fine. If not, then maybe you're having a problem with antivirus blocking the limit adjuster files and/or Windows itself. Personally, I'm using Win 7 (without any compatibility modes).

I suppose you could probably also try with Windows XP, but with that being said I have absolutely no clue if it'll work on Windows 8 or 10.

Wheels and collision models are incompatible with GTA3. Until he'll replace them with originals, you won't be able to run the game. Sorry.

Not true. Plenty of users (apparently) had been using and installing VC-2-III mod for months now, so really IDK what seems to be the problem. While /some/ of the vehicles tend to crash the game if you happen to damage them in specific way, wheels had been modded so that they can co-exist with original, III ones. Don't want to take my word for it? Fine, check out the screenshots :p You just need to have a fresh, non-steam v1.1 copy of the game on your hard drive, with pre-installed limit adjuster. As simple as that...

And I already explained before, this mod is not meant to be tinkered with & customized in any other way, otherwise it probably won't work & /WILL/ crash the game. If you're determined to mod the game on your own then by all means, feel free to do so, but if you encounter any problems or difficulties, please work them out yourself, as these are not covered by my support or even related to my work. The whole idea behind using automated installer was to have foolproof installation without any margin for errors & end-user mistakes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users