Help me with this GTA V "Offline Mode" issue

8 replies to this topic
DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey guys.I'm new here.So recently I just log on into my Steam.On offline mode(I got slow net),and fired up GTA V in Offline Mod.But then I got this message:

Picture: http://imgur.com/a/EQ5hA

I dont understand.I just wanna play the Storymode only not Online.When it comes to 'Offline mode",the game supposed to launch.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Wannabe Completionist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's probably your first time playing this version or something. Just load it in online mode once, let it activate, and it should work.

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thank you for replying.Well i've been playin that game for 62 hours so it's not my first time.Bought it at 15 Feb while on sale.I tried playin it at "Offline mode" many times and it works but this...this one...i dont know

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

you should have known this before you got this version of gta 5, i got myself more stable internet before i tried the pc version, it's a fact it will need internet at all times!

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

So GTA V will need an internet connection at all times?Strange, the word "Offline" doesn't make sense for it

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey guys,i look up the all of the solutions and forums throughout the games forum and found out that GTA V needs to be online all the time so that Rockstar Games can verified the game so that the game isn't pirated.It's called "entitlement verification system".Guys please tell me this is true!!

I played the game on offline mode for a few days and the this happened.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

unfortunately it is so, they use it to protect their game as much as they can and btw you wouldn't want to know what you need to do for fooling the game really offline, it's easier to get better internet and watch how launcher logs into social club for some seconds before it allows it to launch!

However you can make game go offline for short amount of time, under a week or upto 2 weeks if you're lucky, just follow this topic here!

Trivia: gta 4 was last game truly able to start without any social club bullsh*t, activate and you were done and hackers took advantage of it so stolen and working gta 4 is quite common all over internet and this made rockstar take extra precautions, its all russians fault, they caused this with overboard cracking!

DC9Faster
  • DC9Faster

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

This issue ever happened to you in PC?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 2 weeks ago.

i wouldn't call it an issue, it's feature of game launcher!

And apparently if you would try to play without internet connection you would be breaching contract with R, being thug!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users