Radio quality declinegb

33 replies to this topic
Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

After GTAIV didn't radio get worse and unfunny?

In San Andreas it was cool how random people would call in and talk sh*t to the host.

Since  GTAIV radio got worse,  Too political, not funny at all. 

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

I don't care if it's unfunny, I just wanna listen to great music. But either way, you're right, the quality declined, V's music is sh*t.
  • GTA-Biker, The Happy Clown, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

I don't care if it's unfunny, I just wanna listen to great music. But either way, you're right, the quality declined, V's music is sh*t.

Literally only LS Rock Radio, a few songs from Non Stop Pop (my favourite is Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz) and some of West Coast Classics are the only good ones there. IMO.

And yeah. GTA radio is too political. It just feels fake and unfunny. WKTT was an alright station in GTA IV.
  • GTA-Biker likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Most real radios don't play only Top Hits, mostly because of price, they also play lesser known songs from famous bands/singers/groups or some from little bands/singers/groups. This also means that without having to spent thousands of dollars on a famous song's copyright, R*'s money can go to something else, like physics or graphics.

I'm also not mad with it, because this way I get to know new songs and new bands. And I tought V's radio was kinda good, but none beats Vice City's.

• theGTAking101, Ivan1997GTA and Yinepi like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Literally only LS Rock Radio, a few songs from Non Stop Pop (my favourite is Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz) and some of West Coast Classics are the only good ones there. IMO.
And yeah. GTA radio is too political. It just feels fake and unfunny. WKTT was an alright station in GTA IV.
Actually, the best station is Channel X. It's miles away from being as good as LCHC, but at least it's not sissy soft rock like LSRR.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Actually, the best station is Channel X. It's miles away from being as good as LCHC, but at least it's not sissy soft rock like LSRR.

Channel X is simply epic, no words to describe. LCHC in IV was kinda good, but the EFLC one was really bad, and I quite enjoyed LSRR (Queen!)

• Queen likes this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

but the EFLC one was really bad
No, just no.
  • B Dawg, Jeansowaty, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

I wrote an article about the quality of GTAV's radio years back detailing how the games long development time actually hurt the radio as many stations changed how they were supposed to be, e.g. Non Stop Pop going from Dance Pop, Club Hits, Modern Pop, to being a mish mash of it all because of what licences they still had by the time the game was going gold.
  • Spider-Vice and Yinepi like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Totally agree. Its a massive decline from the superb radio quality of 3D GTA's, esp, GTA 4 was the weakest with the worst radio in the series. Even Saints Row 2 was better in comparison. People still remember and get nostalgic listening to any of the radio stations in the old GTA's, but I never felt like listening in HD GTA's because of how disappointing and uninteresting it is.
Though GTA V's talk radio was definitely good and the overall quality wasn't as bad as GTA 4.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

I don't see has it's declined in "quality". The 3D era had plenty of boring and uninteresting talk shows/music despite how it's treated as if it's the magnum opus.

The one thing that sets the HD era apart is how much more detailed the news reports are when in game events occur and they're relayed through both the radio and in game internet.

That's way more interesting to me than some random dude calling into a local talk show just to talk sh*t to the host.
  • The Deadite and DimitriFaustin like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

The one thing that sets the HD era apart is how much more detailed the news reports are when in game events occur and they're relayed through both the radio and in game internet.

This was actually started in San Andreas and continued in some form on LCS and VCS.

On San Andreas, DJ's actually had mission specific banter that would play during or just after certain missions, for example, once you complete the mission "Are You Going To San Fierro?" and tune into K-DST, Tommy will report on the news about how a field of cannabis burned down during a raid and how he wishes he could've been there with a big set of lungs.

On LCS/VCS there were multiple radio reports that would play after specific missions throughout the storyline and even one cut report that was supposed to play at random whenever the player was going on a rampage and reached 5 Stars+.

As for your first point, Chatterbox is the magnum opus, it's the best Lazlow too, he worked best as the sane arrogant asshole in a city full of crazy people compared to HD era Lazlow who's just a pathetic sad wimp who is mocked by everyone.
  • Carbonox, Legomanarthur, Payne Killer and 3 others like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

I don't see has it's declined in "quality". The 3D era had plenty of boring and uninteresting talk shows/music despite how it's treated as if it's the magnum opus.

That's way more interesting to me than some random dude calling into a local talk show just to talk sh*t to the host.

This, exactly. All the GTA radio stations have areas where they're strong and areas where they're weak. Like the rest of the content, IV and V's radio stations were intricately crafted and sound much more

like radio stations in real life. 

• MiamiViceCity, LincolnClay and Yinepi like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:38 AM Edited by Achlys, 05 March 2017 - 04:39 AM.

GTA 4 was the weakest with the worst radio in the series. Even Saints Row 2 was better in comparison. People still

Bro, how could you say that when LCHC is on IV?? Or do you prefer Bieber and Gaga? And SR2 being better?? Ha! Their "metal" station was composed of wannabe and mainstream metal, IV had true metal. I just wish GG was part of the Jimmy G show, these two songs fit GTA, perfectly.

It's all out war on my war path, a lethal kill, a savage blood bath, stick a dagger deep in your chest, as life fades away!
Of course that's not an option since he wasn't a part of the NYHC scene, and his songs don't have an aggressive sound like it. But eh, any badass motherf*cker who writes violent/perverted music, and runs around naked while covered in his own blood and sh*t gets two thumbs up and a boner from me.
  • MiamiViceCity, B Dawg and ProKiller93 like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

I'm not grading the stations in IV based on the songs but the content created by Rockstar.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck Take-Two!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:14 AM Edited by B Dawg, 05 March 2017 - 10:20 AM.

What, no mention of The Lowdown? That's the best station in GTA V. Rebel Radio wasn't bad either. I pretty much hated everything else on V.

but none beats Vice City's.

*cough* IV *cough* TLAD *cough* SA *cough* LCS

• Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:13 AM Edited by LincolnClay, 05 March 2017 - 11:16 AM.

Lol, never actually listened to it before, properly.

Apparently, it's garbage, but idk. I've only heard like two or three of the songs on there, and they were ok, but you're right...LCHC rules the radio world of GTA. We need some more of that...

Edit: @BDawg, nope, never heard Lowdown either. I give zero sh*ts 'bout listening to the radio when I can be blasting fools instead (though give me MP3 player or something to play music during battle and that'd be awesome).
  • B Dawg likes this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

How is GTA 4' radio not funny? The Richard Bastion Show and Integrity 2.0 were hilarious as sh*t.
  • MiamiViceCity, theGTAking101, confederatestatesgta and 4 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 05 March 2017 - 03:17 PM.

I never listened to the talk shows. It may be mostly because I'm not a native English speaker and I prefered listening to the music-stations itself. Honestly, all GTA's have good and bad radio stations. I can't say which GTA had the most mediocre soundtrack outright, I gotta admit though, I was never a huge fan of VC/VCS' soundtracks, but that's just because my favorite music culture started in the late 80's... IV was somehow lacking a few more radios as well, while V was a complete clusterf*ck - it had a lot of awesome stuff, but also tons of crappy stuff I'd never listen to. Some radios would also need heavy overhauls - who in the world puts minimal techno, then jazz, then alternative hip-hop, some fugly dubstep and then post-rock into one mix?

If anyone has a problem with this opinion, plz leave me alone, k?

Bare
  • Bare

mcr is red

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

I disagree, V had some of the best music in the series. Hard to say if the radio stations are as good as or better than SA or VC because those were epic but the quality definitely isn't declining. 

• confederatestatesgta, Lowi, The Deadite and 1 other like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

i liked all gtas radio for the most part. of course there are a few stations i dont like in each game but i liked a lot of the music. i also disagree with people saying gta 5 radio is bad. i think its very good. the talk radio is pretty funny too. with lazlow acting like an idiot and fernando being wierd and funny. and there is also blaine county community hour with nervous ron. that show is pretty cool. and then i really like beyond insemination that had me laughing the whole time. and the music is pretty good too. we finally got a country station which we havent had since san andreas. so overall i think gta 5s radio is great and had some good stuff.

• The Deadite and Sharp_shooter like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

BRAINSSS

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

I don't see has it's declined in "quality". The 3D era had plenty of boring and uninteresting talk shows despite how it's treated as if it's the magnum opus...

The talk shows in SA are underwhelming, you have like 10 that last 2 minutes aprox.

Music taste it's incredibly subjective too, i take gta V radios/talk shows over the ones in gta III any day. I don't see the point of these threads.
  • MiamiViceCity, Mr. Fartenhate and Sharp_shooter like this

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

Gta v had the worst talk stations in the series IMO. I actually liked the music(rebel radio being my favourite) in it(except a few songs and everything on east los fm especially that awful beeping song) And despite what people say i thought 4's radio was great. I also agree that Lazlow worked best as the sane host in a town full of nut jobs instead of the pathetic mess he is portrayed as in 5. Even gta 4 Lazlow was much better than 5.
  • MiamiViceCity and theGTAking101 like this

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

I am a fan of talk stations, they always show interseting things. But I liked that once you finish Pier 69 you hear Big Smoke talking about himself. GTA VC was average, don't really remember anything about GTA III, For SA it was the best and IV was second best. V was very average though.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Only Talk Radio I really like is GTA 3 Chatterbox because of Lazlow dealing with the dumbest people in the city  who call in and talk about the random-est things, not to mention the funny commercial ads. 

As far as the music goes I don't think it's gone down at all. Only downside to GTA Vs radio to me is that SF UR then return.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

I just wish that Rockstar started making up their own DJs instead of using real life artists.

Yeah okay Rockstar, like I'm supposed to believe that a big Ukranian pop star has the time to host a Russian radio station in America. kk
  • Sharp_shooter and Yinepi like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

f*ck Take-Two!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

GTA 3 had Toni Cipriani call on Chatterbox, now that's some hillarious stuff:

• ProKiller93, Achlys and Yinepi like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:13 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 11 March 2017 - 11:14 PM.

-video-

Lazlow probably saw and heard some weird sh*t during his carreer...

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Well, actually...if you think about it, everyone has their own taste in music. If you think it's declining, cool, but someone else might love the radio still. I personally, however, think that V's music was not as good as others in the series.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

that is not toni cipriani. that was william carver. and his threat is very true about seeing your brains. just look at what haoppened to him. rip william carver you will be missed.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Totally agree. Its a massive decline from the superb radio quality of 3D GTA's, esp, GTA 4 was the weakest with the worst radio in the series. Even Saints Row 2 was better in comparison. People still remember and get nostalgic listening to any of the radio stations in the old GTA's, but I never felt like listening in HD GTA's because of how disappointing and uninteresting it is.
Though GTA V's talk radio was definitely good and the overall quality wasn't as bad as GTA 4.

Is this guy trolling?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users