CodeWalker 3D Map Viewer for GTAV

V Released V WIP
207 replies to this topic
dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:18 AM Edited by dexyfex, 17 April 2017 - 07:18 AM.

CodeWalker v.17 is now available. New features include: 

- Day/night cycle (right-drag) 
- Emissive textures and distant LOD lights 
- Sky colour based on time of day and weather 
- Instanced grass 
- Grass and foliage wind movement 
- Bug fixes and performance improvements 

unknown.png

• Ash_735, gamerzworld, _CP_ and 12 others like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

Holysh*t... This looks awesome!

• dexyfex likes this

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

CodeWalker v.18 is now available at
https://www.gta5-mod...eractive-3d-map

New features include:

- HDR rendering, tone mapping, bloom

- Specular mapping & highlights

- Ambient lighting improvements

- Clouds and basic cloud options, Sun

- Selection info window with texture viewer

- Ability to toggle model/geometry visibility

- Quite a few other things

99b39e-cw31b.jpg

Enjoy!

• Ash_735, gamerzworld, _CP_ and 8 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

I always feel like this deserves more attention, it's rare to see a map viewer these days and the progress on this one has been very good. Keep it up dude.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman, BlackScout and dexyfex like this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

I always feel like this deserves more attention, it's rare to see a map viewer these days and the progress on this one has been very good. Keep it up dude.

You don't see these things in GTA 4 lol. It's a miracle that someone made a functioning map tool in RAGE games.

OP and Neodymium are like mysterious people hidden from the modding community.
  • dexyfex likes this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:20 PM Edited by BlackScout, 25 April 2017 - 10:31 PM.

Jesus f*ck, this is glorious.

KmhwCx6.png

• Tomasak, MrGTAmodsgerman, Quant and 1 other like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:33 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 25 April 2017 - 10:37 PM.

That's an amazing development for the tool, it almost perfectly simulates the in-game shader. Well done! However, I'm having an issue on two different PC's:

http://i.imgur.com/naOMSVA.png

Everything renders black. If I enable the skydome, the sky turns blue but the models are still blackened out. This didn't happen in versions previous to 17 I think. Both computers have NVIDIA graphics cards with the latest driver, I've asked other people with the same driver and they have no issues.

Edit: Not GPU vendor specific. Tried to run it with the integrated GPU, same issue. Running Windows 10 Creators Update.

• Tomasak, BlackScout and dexyfex like this

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback!
Everything rendering black does indicate maybe something going wrong with the new lighting stuff, however it is strange that the emissive surfaces are lit.
Do you have the same GTAV version on both computers? Any mods installed? Maybe something went wrong with reading the weather/timecycle files (it seems the most likely explanation at this point).

• BlackScout likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

I do have a mods folder on the first PC, but it's not modifying any timecycle files, and the OpenIV ASI (in this case) is off. The install on the other PC is completely clean. Same version on both, the latest patch.

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

If you turn the HDR rendering option off (in Options > Lighting), does everything become visible? Might help to pinpoint the issue.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

A little correction to my original post, I can see the blue sky with the skydome off and not on. And no, disabling HDR rendering only makes things less bright. Everything is still blackened out. It seems to be an issue with loading the timecycles indeed, as changing cloud cover and other related options has no effect (other than time of day).

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

Hmm, well at least it seems to have loaded the weather and clouds files since those dropdowns have entries in them. Still it may have had an issue with loading the timecycle, or this could be a bug in the new shaders.
Another thing to test: with HDR off, enable the "Control light direction" checkbox - that essentially bypasses the timecycle for most of the colours and just sets the light colour to white. If that helps then it's definitely a timecycle problem.

.Alex.
  • .Alex.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:20 PM Edited by .Alex., 26 April 2017 - 09:21 PM.

I am unable to run the tool.The first two versions did loaded just an empty purple-ish background instead of the map(i had enabled the error console but nothing was written there).Since the v1.3 it gives me this error instead

Unable to initialise DirectX11.
System.Exception:CodeWalker was unable to initialise the graphics device.Please ensure your system meets the minimum system requirements and that your graphics card drivers and DirectX are up to date.
in CodeWalker.Rendering.DXManager.Init(DXForm from)

My GPU is a GTX 970 (tried both 355.82 and 378.92 drivers)
Rest of my rig
i5 4690
16GB RAM
NET Framework 4.6.2 (i had 4.5.2 installed when i tried the first two versions)
Windows 7

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

If you get this error really I can't provide any extra help than the message the app gave you. This error is an indicator that something is wrong with DirectX11 on your system. It's probably because you're using Win7 - make sure it's completely up to date, because apparently some older versions of Win7 do not include DX11...
Also, have you tried any other apps that exclusively use DX11? If you have had DX11 working on your system before, then perhaps setting the compatibility mode for CodeWalker.exe to Windows 7 mode might help.

.Alex.
  • .Alex.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Well,i play GTA V with DX11,so does it count?Anyway i downloaded the DX Setup and it says that it's up to date

I installed the Platform Update for Windows 7 and now it loads and then crashes

This is the error it gives

Spoiler

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:25 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 27 April 2017 - 03:27 PM.

Hmm, well at least it seems to have loaded the weather and clouds files since those dropdowns have entries in them. Still it may have had an issue with loading the timecycle, or this could be a bug in the new shaders.
Another thing to test: with HDR off, enable the "Control light direction" checkbox - that essentially bypasses the timecycle for most of the colours and just sets the light colour to white. If that helps then it's definitely a timecycle problem.

Yes, that does help. I can see the buildings normally when I check that option with HDR off.

http://i.imgur.com/nnteFYm.png

Game is fully clean on the computer I tested this on right now.

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Thanks Spider-Vice, well that does prove that there is problems loading the timecycle files on some computers. I can only assume that there is a difference in the files from the Steam version that I have been testing with. Can you please tell me more about which version of the game you have? (eg is it CD version?)

Alex, from the error message you posted, I can see your display driver nvwgf2umx.dll is the source of the error... So I guess it's a graphics driver bug, or something else like you ran out of RAM or VRAM. Also note that CodeWalker maybe can't run at the same time as the game due to graphics limitations. Also are you running multiple monitors or anything else unusual from graphics point of view?

.Alex.
  • .Alex.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

I just installed the 381.89 drivers and it works :)

Answering your questions:

1)There was no weird RAM and/or VRAM usage

2)I wasn't running the game

3)One monitor

4)No,i wasn't running nothing else

SD Developer
  • SD Developer

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hey, I have just been through your topic, you should definitely be employed by our SD office, it looks stunning!

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Hey, I have just been through your topic, you should definitely be employed by our SD office, it looks stunning!

RSG San Diego?  :lol:

dav90
  • dav90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:42 AM Edited by dav90, 02 May 2017 - 01:43 AM.

Any reason why I get only this? :(

Windows 10 (v15063.250), GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM, latest unmodified version of GTA V.

Did not edited any settings on the right except Time of day, to display more than mostly just black screen (lod lights appeared).

k2bTdf2.png

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

I'm working on resolving this "everything is black" issue that some people are having. As a workaround, you can try disable HDR rendering, and enable Control light direction, and that should at least make things visible.

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

v.19 is now avilable. New in this version:
- Water quads rendering

- River ripples and flow animation

- Show nodes/paths from YND files

- YTD texture viewer in RPF browser

- Fixed some render order issues

YND paths display:
image.png

• Chipsman, Tomasak, fastman92 and 6 others like this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Nice addition for the game.
  • dexyfex likes this

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

v.19a is available now which should fix the problem with everything being black for some users.

• Tomasak and BlackScout like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Spider-Vice, well that does prove that there is problems loading the timecycle files on some computers. I can only assume that there is a difference in the files from the Steam version that I have been testing with. Can you please tell me more about which version of the game you have? (eg is it CD version?)

Alex, from the error message you posted, I can see your display driver nvwgf2umx.dll is the source of the error... So I guess it's a graphics driver bug, or something else like you ran out of RAM or VRAM. Also note that CodeWalker maybe can't run at the same time as the game due to graphics limitations. Also are you running multiple monitors or anything else unusual from graphics point of view?

I have the Steam version, however I can confirm the problem is fixed on 19a. Thanks!

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:47 AM

I have the Steam version, however I can confirm the problem is fixed on 19a. Thanks!

Good to hear it's working now. Well, it was a bit of a rookie mistake - the app was trying to read numbers from the game's XML files using the system's number formatting settings, instead of using US format.

• Spider-Vice and BlackScout like this

dav90
  • dav90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Good to hear it's working now. Well, it was a bit of a rookie mistake - the app was trying to read numbers from the game's XML files using the system's number formatting settings, instead of using US format.

Yeah that sucks on .NET. Lot of mistake because of his effort to be intelligent.

• dexyfex likes this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

@dexyfex

A little bit of a request...

Do you think it is possible to make a timecyc editor within your tool?

Also, do you know anything about in-game dithering? I hate this effect, I would love to be able to disable it.

dexyfex
  • dexyfex

CodeWalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

Timecycle/weather colours editor is on the to-do list, I'll get to it eventually...

I don't know much about the game's dithering, except that there are multiple different uses of it (eg for LOD crossfade, in grass, in the sky, etc). I believe CP has done some work on removing it with VisualV mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users