Quantcast

» «
Photo

Possible New Stunt Props Coming For The Creator?

51 replies to this topic
REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Waiting on Rockstar to add the lit up props to the creator. I can't wait! So many ideas I have written down and ready to be born :D

lol make sure you send me links when you've created those masterpieces ill give them a go :)

Until they fix the creator, I won't be starting any :p but I have just finished drawing them out :D
  • UniqueAsh likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:41 AM Edited by UniqueAsh, 07 June 2017 - 04:19 PM.

Waiting on Rockstar to add the lit up props to the creator. I can't wait! So many ideas I have written down and ready to be born :D

lol make sure you send me links when you've created those masterpieces ill give them a go :)

Until they fix the creator, I won't be starting any :p but I have just finished drawing them out :D

:)

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:50 AM

and who rams people when its so much easier to drive in straight lines? Kids that's who!  18+ game my arse  :lol:

• Claude4Catalina likes this

Mythaga
  • Mythaga

Grumpy, sarcastic Yorkshireman.

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:04 AM Edited by Mythaga, 16 March 2017 - 11:05 AM.

For now the creator is just seriously broken after the update. Affects races, who won't load in the editor.
Fix the creator, R*!!

Yep something is not right with the creator, a previously published race of mine now won't load when I try and play it (worked fine before) I get a 'can't load assets' error message?

Plus some props have mysteriously changed colour. The start line on one of my tracks has changed from grey to blue and red which is slightly annoying...
  • UniqueAsh likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:16 PM Edited by UniqueAsh, 07 June 2017 - 04:11 PM.

For now the creator is just seriously broken after the update. Affects races, who won't load in the editor.
Fix the creator, R*!!

Yep something is not right with the creator, a previously published race of mine now won't load when I try and play it (worked fine before) I get a 'can't load assets' error message?

Plus some props have mysteriously changed colour. The start line on one of my tracks has changed from grey to blue and red which is slightly annoying...

NOT GOOD.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:30 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 16 March 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Which tracks Myth? I'll take a look too as I might know them pretty well.

It reminds me of when we where talking about props moving (Tsukuba) I think it was (possible foundation subsidence ;)), the gaps in the track seem to be growing. It is not surprising as you can minutely adjust props without there position references changing, you can minutely adjust angles too, again without the angle number changing on screen. This can only cause issues if the what we see on screen (our reference numbers) are not the actual reference pints used when playing a job (if that makes sense).

You might remember I was moaning about jobs not loading in creator the other week? I found exiting and restarting creator fixed this for me.

Its a shame as the creator stability seems to have improved recently, after the first CS update it would often crash for apparently no reason, I have not had this happen to me for a long time. The game is a complex beast with many 'upgrades' bolted on, one small change often has a butterfly effect.

Mythaga
  • Mythaga

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

It reminds me of when we where talking about props moving (Tsukuba) I think it was (possible foundation subsidence ;)), the gaps in the track seem to be growing. It is not surprising as you can minutely adjust props without there position references changing, you can minutely adjust angles too, again without the angle number changing on screen. This can only cause issues if the what we see on screen (our reference numbers) are not the actual reference pints used when playing a job (if that makes sense).

You might remember I was moaning about jobs not loading in creator the other week? I found exiting and restarting creator fixed this for me.

Its a shame as the creator stability seems to have improved recently, after the first CS update it would often crash for apparently no reason, I have not had this happen to me for a long time. The game is a complex beast with many 'upgrades' bolted on, one small change often has a butterfly effect.

It was my RX-Chumash track that wouldn't load last night, but my other RX tracks did. Which was very odd, trying to think what I did differently on that one to the others, trying to narrow down what might be causing it...

Very frustrating that C* seem to screw something up with every update! I am certainly not doing anything else in creator until it's fixed, don't want to risk spending ages making a track for it to not work!
  • UniqueAsh likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

It was my RX-Chumash track that wouldn't load last night, but my other RX tracks did. Which was very odd, trying to think what I did differently on that one to the others, trying to narrow down what might be causing it...

Very frustrating that C* seem to screw something up with every update! I am certainly not doing anything else in creator until it's fixed, don't want to risk spending ages making a track for it to not work!

Gutted for you if it does not work, I remember the pain when GTA was taken away from Stunt races ruining loads of jobs, luckily enough it came back.

The only silver lining is every job I have started again from scratch comes out a lot better than the first attempt...

I still have about 5 unfinished RallyX jobs from our recent splurge, I will get round to them at some point.
  • UniqueAsh likes this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

I totally understand your feelings towards this 100%, very frustrating indeed.

Mythaga
  • Mythaga

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:59 PM Edited by Mythaga, 16 March 2017 - 01:06 PM.

Gutted for you if it does not work, I remember the pain when GTA was taken away from Stunt races ruining loads of jobs, luckily enough it came back.

The only silver lining is every job I have started again from scratch comes out a lot better than the first attempt...

I still have about 5 unfinished RallyX jobs from our recent splurge, I will get round to them at some point.
I'll have a play with it tonight, see if I can load it into creator and figure out what the issue is. Sounds like a certain 'asset' ie prop has been changed and/or removed. Which I may have used on my RX-Chumash track, but not on any of the others. Just need to figure out what it is...
  • UniqueAsh likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

I'll have play with it tonight, see if I can load it into creator and figure out what the issue is. Sounds like a certain 'asset' ie prop has been changed and/or removed. Which I may have used on my RX-Chumash track, but not on any of the others. Just need to figure out what it is...

If you can figure it out you can avoid it, bit of a needle in a haystack though.

If nobody else has the issue I wonder if a corrupt job save file would throw up a similar warning?
  • UniqueAsh likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:26 PM Edited by REXX, 16 March 2017 - 01:27 PM.

Fix the creator, R*!!

I try to load a published race and it just keeps loading, flicking between white loading circles and orange ones.

As for missing props, luckily my most played jobs are fine however my recent races have been affected. In particular, the slow down pads all of which have had their strength boosted now, one of my tracks is unplayable. And seeing that I can't load it up in the creator to fix it, that f*cked it it right up.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

I'm sure R* have tinkered with the creator before around big updates so that people can't access props/vehicles in the creator early.

Hoping against hope that this is the case here and everything goes back to normal once we get SVs & new props in the creator.

And hoping against hope they bring that date forward in light of the now largely unusable creator. They really don't want us making better stuff than they do!!!!

• UniqueAsh likes this

teltow
  • teltow

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Please support the ticket! The other links may be of interest too, if you're a creator.

Support
CCC
CCC2
Bugs

• UniqueAsh, PhoGarrett, HiBerg and 1 other like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:46 PM Edited by UniqueAsh, 07 June 2017 - 04:19 PM.

One thing is very clear and that is they don't want us creating anything better than they do well thats the impression im getting anyway :(

Please support the ticket! The other links may be of interest too, if you're a creator.

Support
CCC
CCC2
Bugs

make sure you submit your ticket numbers to their twitter support if you want a quicker faster more direct response https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

One thing is very clear and that is they don't want us creating anything better than they do

Ash, do you really believe this?

From your posts in this thread I get the impression you are pretty competent in Creator and if that is the case you are probably publishing jobs better than R* make, especially as IMO their races stink. Even before the CS update quality user created jobs would knock spots of the R* jobs, God knows who taught those guys at R* to place checkpoints...

I don't want to blow my own trumpet so I will blow Myths instead. He produces some great races (and some dodgy ones ;)) but his best jobs are miles ahead of what R* pushes out. We don't run stunt races, but use the stunt props to make more traditional style races.

Creator has kept the game alive for us, only because it lets us create content better and more fitting to what we do than R* will ever produce.

I would say it is the other way around, R* are dependant on users to create the content that they fail to create to keep long term players in the game.

What platform are you on? If you are into more traditional racing you might enjoy a bit of racing with us on PS4.
  • UniqueAsh and Mythaga like this

Anidni
  • Anidni

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by Anidni, 17 March 2017 - 07:29 AM.

Gameplay of freshly published jobs seems broken too...
Published a new lts today, and during 90% of plays online it fails to load the second round.
Happens when a player spectates and/or someone leaves.

Smells like another fail on R* side...

It's this job if you wanna give it a try:
¥¥ Turret Syndrome ¥¥

https://socialclub.r...UJ0SMPQfmeynbbw

(sorry, can't edit the link nicely on tablet)
  • UniqueAsh likes this

Mythaga
  • Mythaga

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Just tried to load my RX-Chumash race into creator and get 'The job contains invalid data and needs to be remade' error message. FFS C*!!!! I really liked that race aswell took ages to make, not remaking it!! :-(

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

Just tried to load my RX-Chumash race into creator and get 'The job contains invalid data and needs to be remade' error message. FFS C*!!!! I really liked that race aswell took ages to make, not remaking it!! :-(

I was gonna like your post, but that would have been strange, liking a post of woe...

So I quoted you to show my empathy.
  • Mythaga likes this

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:39 AM Edited by teltow, 17 March 2017 - 01:08 AM.

One thing is very clear and that is they don't want us creating anything better than they do

The custom jobs are the reason I'm still playing the game. They are way more fun than the R* stuff. I'm sincerely amazed how many great races, stunt races, LTS and Captures keep getting created by the comunity. Awesome stuff.

Here's the top 5 races of R*, and custom PS4 and PC (which I'm on):

R* all platforms
Criminal Records - 180.3m plays
Down the Drain - 48.8m plays
Taking Off - 42.2m plays
The Commute - 41.4m plays
Senora Freeway - 38.8m plays

PS4 Custom
Maze Bank Mega Jump!!!! - 5.4m plays
*MEGA WALLRIDE 3.0* - 3.9m plays
25 STORY FREESTYLE FUN - 3.6m plays
.STUNT BJs: it's Huuuuuge - 3.5m plays
Air Control - 3.4m plays

First PS4 custom race is no. 195 of the most played races. First 194 with verified jobs.

PC Custom
刷汽車配件使用1KM直線賽 - 1.9m plays
Vehicle Part Unlock - 1.2m plays
FastestRace in the World - 1.0m plays
高速公路直線競賽 - 940.8k plays
' # Super Stunt Sky # - 841.7k plays

So, I think they don't need us. And that shows. It's all about the money, not creating a worthwhile, good gaming experience for the creators comunity or the players. Custom jobs don't sell shark cards.
Most players are not even aware custom jobs exist. Would be different if they were available ingame, but they are not. For good reasons maybe, cause there are also a lot of bad jobs and even troll jobs out there.

R* should pay a handful of custom job testers and verify more jobs. They could verify 20 jobs on each platform every week (and not that stuff they usually verify =)! Could be a win-win situation for both sides. Maybe then they would be afraid, that comunity jobs are better than theirs =))
  • Anidni likes this

teltow
  • teltow

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

And also R* is deleting jobs

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:35 AM Edited by UniqueAsh, 07 June 2017 - 04:12 PM.

I've had too many rants lolllllllll!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users