Middle Earth: Shadow of War.

97 replies to this topic
HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

after the (first) ending i bought a crate and it gave me a legendary, it was the first one in war boxes, i also recruited 2 legendary orcs in the final mission.

Spoiler

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

played the first 1 and kinda enjoyed it, but never felt it was worth the full price because it was way too repetitive

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:11 PM Edited by fashion, 23 October 2017 - 06:12 PM.

Think I'll focus a bit more on the story from now on otherwise I'll be too burned out for the endgame. In my total playtime I've spend like 80%-90% on Nemesis and collectibles as 20-10% story. I'm liking it so much that I don't even bother with the missions lol, even though I enjoy the story.

I'll never finish this game with AC Origins coming in three days.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

the grind everyone is whinging about is a breeze unless you suck. seriously, no microtransactions needed. The people who had problems just left their forts behind after conquering them without a care in the world which is why they're having trouble

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:24 PM Edited by fashion, 25 October 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Guys, how many regions and fortresses are there? I just finished with Nurnen and got two new regions to explore but I noticed there are 10 icons on the world map. Does that mean there are 10 fortresses? Google didn't help, it only shows pre-release speculations.

Fortress takeover was amazing. It all comes together very well. I also love the fighting pit feature and basically every other thing you can do with your orc captains. I've been playing around and experimenting with it for hours.

The thought they put into the nemesis system, the fortresses, the personalities of the orcs is truly on the next level.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

only four regions and four fortresses, you will need all 4 at some point during the story line to continue.

Fortresses spoiler below (endgame stuff)

Spoiler

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:32 PM Edited by fashion, 25 October 2017 - 03:35 PM.

It's weird though, there are 10 different icons on the map, including Minas Tirith and Sauron's crib. Possible DLC? Or just a tease so players think the map is huge?

I think you meant 5 regions, I've just finished with the 3rd one and unlocked two I haven't been to before. They all have a fortress.

I was excited for Minas Tirith, I assumed 5 regions don't have a fortress or are there for just a mission or two.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:16 PM Edited by fashion, 09 November 2017 - 01:23 PM.

Gonna have to bump this. I've finally finished the game! Well, almost. I just entered Shadow Wars and finished my first siege. However, I decided to watch the true ending online. Does that mean:

- was I bored with the game?
- do I hate shadow wars and the endgame?
- do I think it's too repetitive?
- do I want to skip the endgame?
- am I too pissed because microtransactions?
- will I finish the game using lootcrates?

The answer to the above questions is a big no. I still enjoy this game a lot, even after putting tons of hours into it and I will continue playing. The first siege defense was crazy fun and I willingly take the challenge to continue grinding my orcs up, upgrading my fortress and try to sucessfully defend it.

I watched the ending so that I feel less of an urge to complete it as fast as I can. I'm going to take my sweet time and jump back into Mordor occassionally until I reach the ending myself. I have other games to finish and I simply want to mark this game as "complete".

That being said, let's talk about the story. The game doesn't always keep 100% to the lore, but I can't say I didn't like it. I actually love how it all turned out. Die-hard fans are going to be salty as f*ck, but the sacrifice of the lore and a setting loosely based on the LOTR universe didn't damage the story - it only enchances it.

Spoiler

I already gave my thoughts on gameplay before but I still love it. Micromanaging your army, the nemesis system, the wide range of personalities, and the constant decision making are what made this gamr great.

Will I kill the orc or shame him? Will I recruit him for my army? If yes, why? Who will be my overlord? Should I send follower x on a mission to kill my target or do I send him to the arena to fight to the death against my other orc? And so much more.
That's why I'm going to continue playing, so so much fun.

My final score would have been a 9/10, but I have to make it an 8.5/10 because of the microtransactions. f*ck them. Not everyone will be as happy with the endgame as I am and others wouldn't want to watch it on YT either. Also, no custom armor in cutscenes is insulting, especially in a f*cking armor loot based game. Some missions could've been done better, the nemesis system is more fun to do than most story missions.

My last thoughts regarding a 3rd game in the series. Read only after seeing the true ending:
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users