Posted 2 weeks ago

WB has a talent for bastardizing good games with terrible marketing

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeahhh, several states won't have to donate anything, and the entire world bar the US won't donate anything. So most of the profits won't go to the family, but to WB's pockets.

At this point, it would have been better to have made the DLC free, and then the company would donate some money to help the family. As it is, even if unintentionally, it simply looks extremely greedy.

Man WB can go eat a bag of dicks.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they really wanted to honor him, they would sell it and donate the profits to his family. Are they? Go ahead, check it out, read the article. Oh, I can't wait, I'll just tell you. Yes they are. They are donating the profits to his family.

Stop trying to be outraged by everything.

Actually, they are donating SOME of the profits to the family. Not ALL of the profits. Which means WB is keeping some profits. Just look at the dislikes and some of the comments, other people are upset with this BS as well. This is taken from the description of the announcement video:

"WB Games will donate to the Forgey family $3.50 from every purchase of the Forthog Orcslayer made from any 1 of the 50 United States or D.C. (but, excluding purchases made from AL, HI, IL, MA, MS and SC) through December 31, 2019. Void where prohibited by law. Your purchase is not tax deductible."

https://www.youtube....h?v=-15muasKW58

Profit is the money left over after any overhead costs are paid. My guess is that they predict $1.50 per purchase is enough to cover any overhead on the production and distribution. So maybe it is the profits, maybe it isn't. But I bet it's closer than you think.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://www.thewolfha...hog-orc-slayer/

Now they're claiming they won't profit on the dlc at all. I don't know what to believe anymore.
I don't think I'll buy the dlc, if I'm gonna buy the game at all. I don't like the smell of this whole thing.

I can't give it an october purchase and will probably wait until next year before buying. If the microtransactions are pay2win and the grind without them is a chore then no thanks.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 2 days ago

So, if you'd still like to purchase this game, up until the 25th you can grab it for 40% off at GMG (activated on steam)

Listing is here, use coupon 35SOW

As for me, I'll be waiting for a GOTY version or a bigger Steam sale next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users