» «
Photo

Johnny's part in "Mr. Philips" feels about right

42 replies to this topic
simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:00 PM Edited by simonp92, 28 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Wth? The FBI O was just trying to get all Info's about TLMC from Johnny by scaring him. He did so because Billy was refusing to open his mouth to the state.
And Stubbs, he was predicting. "IF he collars you"

The police was calling Johnny and Brian before Billy got arrested. 

Also, Billy was definitely gonna sell out johnny. When you see him in the prison, some other prisoner is talking about Billy getting out. Furthermore, in later call from the police they say something like, "you're about to see a personal close friend on the witness stand".

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

Yes, Agent Jones was calling Johnny before Billy was arrested. Johnny gave no answer.

After Billy was arrested, Billy refused to open his mouth. So taking advantage, the agent again called Johnny, threatening him about billy, so that Johnny could open his mouth.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Yes, Agent Jones was calling Johnny before Billy was arrested. Johnny gave no answer.

After Billy was arrested, Billy refused to open his mouth. So taking advantage, the agent again called Johnny, threatening him about billy, so that Johnny could open his mouth.

So how do you explain the other prisoner saying that Billy is getting out in Get Lost?

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

"Haven't you enjoyed your time in State's care?"

"What a F pleasure!"

The prisoner was just mocking Billy. For example, one of the officers slapped Billy so that he'd reveal about Lost. After getting out, that prisoner was teasing him asking whether he enjoyed the beat or not.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

one of the officers slapped Billy so that he'd reveal about Lost.

Huh? I've never noticed that.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

So Brian wasn't a rat either or?

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:36 PM Edited by The American Army 1775, 04 October 2017 - 05:37 PM.

So what do you expect in jail? Kebabs, wings, colas and? :p.

And Brian knew that Johnny and his faction would lead them into some serious crap. And as we saw, Johnny finally got TLMC Clubhouse burnt and got Jim killed. So keeping things in mind, Billy had given the head to Brian. And it was Johnny who attacked Brian, killing most of the Lost.

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

And Brian knew that Johnny and his faction would lead them into some serious crap. And as we saw, Johnny finally got TLMC Clubhouse burnt and got Jim killed. So keeping things in mind, Billy had given the head to Brian. And it was Johnny who attacked Brian, killing most of the Lost.

do you have a video of billy getting slapped, or anything like that ,how do you know this?

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:49 PM Edited by raebbitos, 04 October 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Also I agree how Johnny's death is fitting ,i wouldn't expect any criminal to get out alive especially one as ruthless and weakened by women such as Johnny ,what I felt when I saw his death (this analogy will only work if you've seen Pulp Fiction) is what I felt when Vincent Vega died in Pulp Fiction,i was saddened by an inevitability,Vincet was killed after taking a sh*t and leaving his gun in the kitchen ,Johnny is stomped to death because he couldn't give up Ashley,I really hope Rockstar keeps this redemption and revelation that happened with Johnny and Niko/Luis.

Johnny continued his criminal life (Vincent) whereas as Niko and Luis quit it after tying up loose ends (Dimitri/Pegorino and Bulgarin)  and lived normal lives (Jules).

So if this will be a reocurring theme, Trevor will definitely die in the near future, probably OD.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

No. Brian attacked Johnny. In End of Chapter Johnny tells Brian to leave town, and in return Brian tells his boys to kill Johnny. Also nowhere is it implied that Billy gave over the chapter to Brian. 

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:56 PM Edited by GTA_fear, 07 October 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Having recently completed TLAD, I found this discussion quite interesting.

The first thing that I noticed - and had problems understanding - is people calling Johnny a rat. How is he a rat, exactly? Every time he recieved a call from the FIB, he told them to back off. Billy and Brian are the obvious rats here - Brian being your typical brainless goon who only follows the bully boss around, and Billy selling Johnny, Clay, Terry and Jim out after not being able to maintain his authority over them. But this has all been covered in simonp92's post on the first page already, he worded it far better than me.

That being said, somebody also said Johnny dragged the club down. Really?! He put the Lost on the right track while Billy was gone, focusing, as the game's manual says, "the gang’s activities on deals and truces, instead of petty vendettas and mindless violence", as Billy used to. Billy just tried to convince everyone what a "real man" he was, his pride was the most important thing in the world, he was incapable of dialogue and discussion, he shot a deadbeat in the back, breaking the truce with the AoD without even giving Johnny a chance to explain why it would be a bad freakin' idea. Nnoooo, he had to have his bike back! In short, and I'll refer to the manual again, he had "one set of priorities: bikes, booze, babes and blow; in any order and preferably all at the same time".

Billy calling Johnny his brother a gazillion times doesn't mean much, at this point the "brotherhood" and "bikers 4 lyfe lel" were starting to lose meaning, like the characters said more than once, it didn't mean anything anymore. Billy just kept talking like that because he was clinging onto the past. Also, like somebody has explained already, he used Jason's death as an opportunity for that cliche, cringy speech about them being brothers, all the while lying that it was the AoD who did it only to help himself remain leader and get others to follow his mindless orders.

The Lost couldn't have survived under his guidance, all he wanted was chaos, pointless violence and all-out war against other criminal groups. And there being several organized crime groups and mobs in LC, all larger and stronger than the Lost, the club was far more likely to survive by building business relationships rather than destroying them. Thus, Johnny was making much more smarter moves than Billy.

When it comes to Ashley, the way I understood it, Johnny finally is capable of letting her go. Near the end of the story, he finally tells her to leave him alone, even says it twice (see this). Besides this, even later on (and this might be a minor reward for getting 100%, as I only noticed it after completing the game 100%), Johnny receives an e-mail from Ashley saying that she got kicked out of rehab and needs money, to which he replies something along the lines of: "Good luck, Ashley. And don't ever speak to me again." And that's the positive reply, mind you, I still haven't tried the negative one. So Johnny being emotionally too weak to let her go is simply not true, IMO. At the end of TLAD it is implied that he finally doesn't want to have anything do with her anymore, which, along with what happens in the story and how the chapter ends, provides great closure for the whole DLC. It is only in GTA V that it is implied that he has gone back to her, and has even gotten addicted to heroin or whatever. So the way I see it, back in 2008/9 Rockstar imagined Johnny as finally getting closure and moving on, but changed their mind later on with V in favor of, like has been said already, cheap shock value and making Trevor look like a badass.

There are still some points that I would like to cover, but I'll just stop, think this is enough for one post.

I will give kudos to 1775 and others who are trying to look past what seems to be the case at first glance (e.g. trying to see Billy as the good guy, etc.), but I just think your interpretations are wrong. So no, Johnny did not deserve the ending he got in V, he deserved the ending he got in TLAD, and no, his part in "Mr. Phillips" does not feel right.

• B Dawg, simonp92, gunziness and 2 others like this

simond1986
  • simond1986

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

it feels wrong he ditched ash and hes to cool to become a junkie

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:44 PM Edited by Niobium, 18 October 2017 - 09:49 PM.

why in god's name do you think it was a good idea to make johnny a racist? you are saying johnny deserved to die the way he did in V because he wasn't a racist. ahahahahaha. good one.

also if you think johnny is like niko, you did not play either game. johnny embraced the criminal lifestyle, while niko did not want to be a part of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users