» «
Photo

Memory and keyboard issue

3 replies to this topic
JakeRS
  • JakeRS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:52 PM Edited by JakeRS, 26 February 2017 - 01:54 PM.

For some reason, after exiting GTA V or after playing it for some time, my computer gets super slow, for example if I exit it and have no other processes working, the computer is working on like 5% of the speed it could run on, even opening empty folders on desktop takes 10 or 15+ seconds, which is crazy, because I can run GTA V on medium high settings with good fps, no stuttering, lagging,etc., but after I exit GTA V, regardless whether by going to quit or by killing it in task manager, my computer just slows down entirely.

I can spawn a bunch of modded cars and planes in game that are pretty big in size and the game runs fine, I can drive really fast in the most populated parts of Los Santos and again, no lagging of any sort, so it isn't a lack of RAM that is the issue, but something that happens to it after exiting the game and the only way I can fix it, is by restarting.

Recently I started having some keyboard lagging issues as well, I tell the car to go a little to the left and it keeps on going left even after I let go of the left button and stuff like that. I go to the task manager and it says that I still have almost 1/3 of my RAM free, so I have no idea what could be the problem.

I could buy more RAM (currently I have 4, which may sound little, but I turned of all unnecessary apps and services, so windows uses less than 800mb, which leaves a lot of room for GTA V), the problem with buying more RAM is that the prices have literally doubled since October 2016 when I was upgrading my computer and I don't want to spend that much money now, I'd rather wait a few months for the prices to get normal again.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

4GB is not enough. I recommend having at least 8GB.

Anyway, check task manager to make sure the game isn't still running in the background after closing it for some reason.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:12 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 05 March 2017 - 05:17 PM.

4GB is not enough. I recommend having at least 8GB.

Anyway, check task manager to make sure the game isn't still running in the background after closing it for some reason.

I call bullsh*t, i got 4GB of ram, have played hours every session and everything runs good!  Antivirus real-time scan is the one causing issues, even with that quitting game won't slow down anything!

OPs problem seems to be really low cpu, only then can pc slow down after heavy application if cpu is low power ( under 2 GHz) and that is the issue because it can't swap out useless bits from ram quick enough which ain't the issue with about 3GHz cpu!

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

OPs problem seems to be really low cpu, only then can pc slow down after heavy application if cpu is low power ( under 2 GHz) and that is the issue because it can't swap out useless bits from ram quick enough which ain't the issue with about 3GHz cpu!

Until we know what CPU OP has, we can't say that. There is much more to a CPU's performance than just its clock speed.

the problem with buying more RAM is that the prices have literally doubled since October 2016 when I was upgrading my computer and I don't want to spend that much money now, I'd rather wait a few months for the prices to get normal again.

RAM prices probably won't drop that much. They're high now because of the new Ryzen CPUs, which are the first of AMD's CPUs to utilize DDR4. You're better off staking out PCPartPicker to try and get a good deal (it has email alerts if you're interested in that), or maybe if you're very lucky you could find some cheap memory on eBay, perhaps as a motherboard/CPU/memory bundle (which are quite common on eBay and other similar platforms).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users