Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 at E3 2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

Poll: RDR2 at E3 2017 (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we will see Red Dead Redemption 2 at E3's stage this year?

1. Yes (79 votes [41.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.58%

2. No (111 votes [58.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.42%

Vote
Alborghetti
  • Alborghetti

Rat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:41 AM Edited by Spider-Vice, 26 February 2017 - 01:28 PM.

And does Rockstar need E3?

• Tao Cheng likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Well I mean, if you want discussion about the subject, it doesn't make much sense for it to be a poll-only topic. Reverted.

Also, I don't think Rockstar need it, but given their partnership with Sony is strong as ever, it is more likely we could see something RDR2 related there.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

no, to both your questions. 

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

sure, if it does,sorry for other games

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

Possibly. Take Two already are listed and have floor space at E3 but if RDR2 was to be shown in anyway it will be during Sony's conference given the partnership for the game. I'd imagine Sony would lean heavily on TT/Rockstar for some sort of footage given they'd like to show third party support for the rest of the year and the PS4 as once again the system with exclusive content like Destiny and Call Of Duty.

Does Rockstar need E3? No but they've supported it over the years since 2001 and while they haven't attended as much recently, so has their output as well.
  • Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:50 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 26 February 2017 - 04:50 PM.

Just remember that Take Two being listed doesn't mean anything, as they were also listed last year and it was for their business booth and their Mafia 3 booth. Good times of hyping ourselves over the huge Rockstar logo that was outside their business booth.

• Payne Killer likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:19 PM Edited by Jabalous, 26 February 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Maybe just maybe a trailer at Sony's and that's it. It could even be a trailer (second or third) that was already revealed before and Sony would just repeat it again after boosting the PS4 exclusive deal. Microsoft did something similar in E3 2007 when they first showed the second trailer of GTA IV and then boosted the exclusive episodic content for X360. But then again, you can't compare between two large story expansions and pitiful Multiplayer content.

My verdict is that RDR2 will not show up in any form as R* will continue holding their own mini E3s on the Newswire.

• Mister Pink and Father Girth like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

Another "what will happen" thread. Now please, don't get me wrong! Don't wanna sound rude or act like a smartass or a wannabe mod but why do we need so many threads for basically the same thing: speculation!? I mean we already have...

* General chat

* Rumour mill: leaks and speculation

* The prognostication thread

* ...and now this thread!

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Another "what will happen" thread. Now please, don't get me wrong! Don't wanna sound rude or act like a smartass or a wannabe mod but why do we need so many threads for basically the same thing: speculation!? I mean we already have...

* General chat

Why not? E3 is just over 3 months away and seems silly to dump every topic in 1 or 2 megathreads.
  • Kirsty and Alborghetti like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Plus we can use it during the event to discuss the conferences.

Anyway, I'm semi-optimistic about it appearing in some form at E3. I doubt it will have a floor presentation with demos like Mafia did, that doesn't seem like Rockstar, but conferences are different.

Yes, Rockstar don't need E3 in the slightest, and maybe they don't like attending because of that, but we do know a few things: GTA IV was announced at Microsoft's conference back in the day, and footage of the next-gen versions of GTA V was played during Sony's conference a few years ago. It's also confirmed that Sony have got an exclusive deal with Rockstar for RDR2, with PS4 players able to "earn select online content" first.

This can only tell us that Sony have paid a pretty penny for these exclusives, and they are going to want to use them to their advantage help sell the game on their console. There is no better way to widely market this than via their conference at E3, where almost every gaming media platform will be present as well as many fans like us watching at home. Maybe they won't have footage to show so I don't expect that, but it could easily just be a line about what kind of "content" they will be offering us to plant the seed.

Or maybe we're just thinking too much of it, it might just be a blog post or tied to pre-orders for all we know, but they still bought the rights to market it themselves.
  • EVOLUT7ON, P.T., highzman420 and 1 other like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

* General chat

Why not? E3 is just over 3 months away and seems silly to dump every topic in 1 or 2 megathreads.

Just explained why. It's again... just speculation if R* will drop any info on day X. Idk about you and maybe I'm just just used to something else when it comes to a forum (i wrote news for almost 3 years for a German PlayStation forum as a mod) but i really don't think this thread was necessary. Also, sometimes threads that are actually interesting get deleted or merged into another thread because "we can also talk about this here, no need to open an extra thread for this". It's totally random and sometimes depends on the mod around if a thread gets closed or not imo. When E3 drops a part of the users will discuss the event in here, another part in the speculation thread and a third part in the general chat. What for? Again, it's all good but i just hope that the Red Dead forum will stay clear and won't transform into a 2nd GTA Online forum.

Anyway sorry for being off-topic, that was just something i never really understood in here. As for the topic: I expect a little mention at Sony's press conference but no footage tbh. But who knows...

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

It helps divide all the discussion. The RDR2 General Chat is used for... well, general chatter about the game and speculation about things that might actually happen, the Rumour mill is for rumours and leaks, and these smaller threads are just hubs to better divide all the discussion and dedicate threads to a certain subject. All of these subjects always seep into the General Chat thread either way, but with these threads, it ends up not being the bulk of it, and if you wish to discuss E3 you can come here, and if you wish to discuss what you expect the game to be only, you can use the prognostication thread.

• highzman420 and Alborghetti like this

Chalk
  • Chalk

Quality never dies

• The Connection
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

At first I was hopeful of something similar to what they did with Mafia 3 last year. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Seriously, it looked amazing. However looking at the floor plan for this year and it looks like Take-Two only have about half the space they did last year. Which makes me think that it won't be anything like what Mafia 3 had and instead will be primarily focused on the 2K titles and the likes.

If we're still on for the originally planned release date of Fall 2017 then I think we should see something at E3, even if its just Sony showing off the game and spruiking their exclusive content. Obviously I would want more, but Rockstar know that they could release a trailer in the middle of E3 by themselves, and still be one of the biggest talking points of the week.

• EVOLUT7ON and Alborghetti like this

Karlitoz-E
  • Karlitoz-E

SiiR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:20 PM Edited by Karlitoz-E, 28 March 2017 - 03:20 PM.

That's probably when we get a new trailer

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

For a trailer... maybe.

But I doubt it'll be playable on the floor.
They might do some closed doors event where they show it off a bit more to a few invited gaming journalist, they might even be allowed to play it some. Although it would most likely be a restricted/limited version of the game.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

It would really kill everthing if rockstar waited until E3. 1) because it's a long ass wait on top of the 6 months already. And 2) because people would still be sceptical if anything would show up at E3 at all. And 3) they don't need to share the limelight with any game.

Bad decision all round.

If they show something before then and give Sony some a little something for E3, then great.

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

Doesn't R* normally skip E3? Or is that just for GTA? 

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Like someone else already said, maybe if Rockstar releases info beforehand it'll show up at E3. I don't think Rockstar is slated to be there though and I don't see them letting anyone else make any big announcements and whatever they do next is probly gonna be big. Or at the least something very small with an announcement that something big is coming soon like they did with the first trailer.

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

I think at this point during the Sony press conference there'll be shown an all new trailer for RDR2.

I also think that RDR2 will be delayed into Spring 2018.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:32 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 22 April 2017 - 01:36 PM.

I don't think RDR/Rockstar will be at E3. They may release info in and around then but not sure they'll be at it. Although now that fans can go and it's not only industry people, maybe that will change. But Rockstar don't need E3. A Rockstar trailer is an event in and of itself. Why share the stage with other games when they have the stage to themselves outside of E3?!

The only reason I could see RDR featuring in anyway is if it's attached to Project Scorpio in some way.

I also think RDR2 will be delayed. 

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

I don't think RDR/Rockstar will be at E3. They may release info in and around then but not sure they'll be at it. Although now that fans can go and it's not only industry people, maybe that will change. But Rockstar don't need E3. A Rockstar trailer is an event in and of itself. Why share the stage with other games when they have the stage to themselves outside of E3?!

The only reason I could see RDR featuring in anyway is if it's attached to Project Scorpio in some way.

I also think RDR2 will be delayed. 

Because more eyes will be on E3 coverage and Rockstar have debuted footage in the past at E3 conferences.

Sony would likely want to reveal something for their conference given the online exclusive content and if that the terms of that deal don't include marketing then MS would likely use it as a 4K trailer at their conference for Scorpio.

Either way I still believe we'll get a trailer and if they've still gone radio silent up till E3 then the trailer will include the release date.

CJvercettii
  • CJvercettii

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

I Belive we will hear something about RDR2 at the Sony press conference at E3 2017 Nothing to Big thought. 

Frig_Off_Lahey
  • Frig_Off_Lahey

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

No chance of it happening. Rockstar are notorious for this.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

It has to show up in some shape or form at Sony's presser. They have to announce those exclusivities.  

• P.T., BurnettVice, Pink Pineapple and 1 other like this

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

Idk about all of ya'll but i think we should all be glad it's coming at all. I mean i understand how this can be frustrating but let's look at the bigger picture here. RDR1 and all of it's content were funded by Gta IV's sales and dlc sales, and just look how much was added. Now take that and multiply it by the blockbuster hit V and online were and still are, and we got us one of the greatest if not the greatest open world game in recent memory, possibly the one of the decade, just picture all the amazing features and overflowing content we will probably get from this game and understand that this is going to be epic, even more epic than gtaV. i hope that we can all just calm down and see this. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can fall in love all over again with this epic of a series.

Cheers  :beerhat:

• Rafae and Alborghetti like this

Wavybone216
  • Wavybone216

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Plus we can use it during the event to discuss the conferences.

Anyway, I'm semi-optimistic about it appearing in some form at E3. I doubt it will have a floor presentation with demos like Mafia did, that doesn't seem like Rockstar, but conferences are different.

Yes, Rockstar don't need E3 in the slightest, and maybe they don't like attending because of that, but we do know a few things: GTA IV was announced at Microsoft's conference back in the day, and footage of the next-gen versions of GTA V was played during Sony's conference a few years ago. It's also confirmed that Sony have got an exclusive deal with Rockstar for RDR2, with PS4 players able to "earn select online content" first.

This can only tell us that Sony have paid a pretty penny for these exclusives, and they are going to want to use them to their advantage help sell the game on their console. There is no better way to widely market this than via their conference at E3, where almost every gaming media platform will be present as well as many fans like us watching at home. Maybe they won't have footage to show so I don't expect that, but it could easily just be a line about what kind of "content" they will be offering us to plant the seed.

Or maybe we're just thinking too much of it, it might just be a blog post or tied to pre-orders for all we know, but they still bought the rights to market it themselves.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

its gonna be there

Xayah
  • Xayah

I can never resist an invitation to dance

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

The votes are 50/50 now.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:40 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 09 May 2017 - 07:42 PM.

A Rockstar trailer is an event in and of itself. Why share the stage with other games when they have the stage to themselves outside of E3?!

Because more eyes will be on E3 coverage and Rockstar have debuted footage in the past at E3 conferences.

I get what you mean but..

Again, why share page-space with other games, when they can announce their own new info in July when there's not much else going on, almost guaranteeing front page space and exposure exclusively about RDR2 and not sharing the stage with others. Also, this isn't 2009/2010 - This is 2017, post billion dollar GTA V. Just because RDR was at E3 7 or years ago, doesn't mean they need to or want to do it now. 

Like I said, RDR is an event in and of itself. Websites, gaming magazines and YouTubers will profit off the announcement of more info of RDR2. Rockstar are well aware of this. If you were an up and coming indie-studio or even established studio, E3 exposure is great. Rockstar and RDR are in the big-leagues and in a league of their own. Media outlets would be dying for an exclusive. E3 events aren't really as exclusive. It will also mean Rockstar competing for magazine space and YouTuber time against everyone else at E3.

If I was head of marketing and PR for RDR2, I would certainly be comfortable waiting for the noise to die down post E3 and then having all the spotlight to myself.

Now that I know there's some partnership with Sony/PS4 and RDR2, I'm guessing Sony will want RDR2 to feature in their presentation. That would be my main estimation was to why RDR2 might be at E3. 

Personally, I think Rockstar will be typically Rockstar and shun such mainstream events as they're sort of "above" E3. They do things on their own terms, which sort of adds to the cult of personality that is Rockstar. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

I don't think it'll be at E3 unless R* reveals something before E3 and then Sony shows some RDR2 stuff at their conference afterwards.

What's most likely to happen is R* rents out a place in NY or just uses their HQ and invites game journalists over to see the game. They usually do that for all their titles.

• Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users