Is this possible - and if so, viable or not advisable?
I've never really given it much thought - unsure if there would be some power supply compatibility problems or whether US online companies would ship to other markets.
Background for the question - I've been thinking about splashing out on a GTX 1080, but they are obviously not cheap. However, prices seem much better in the US than in the UK, even if you factor in the £'s crap exchange rate since 52% of my country men voted for Brexit.
For example, looking around some US sites you can find plenty for $600, which is ~£480 right now. A similar time spent searching UK sites struggles to find anything less than £600 ($750), so there's quite a saving to be had in theory.
My main concern would be if it arrives faulty/damaged it may be more difficult to deal with.
In any event, I will probably wait until the GTX 1080 Ti launches in the hope that pushes the price down a bit.
Any thoughts/advice welcomed.