New Pacific Standard strategy post-fix?

42 replies to this topic
SalamenceFury
  • SalamenceFury

Screaming dragon that loves to stab

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

Title. I'm having trouble finishing Pacific Standards with all the money now that the garage is completely inacessible. Is there a new strategy? Taking a car from the street is risky as there's a chance it will have the tires blown, and fishing a police armored van is harder than it looks.

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

I've heard that taking the bikes is really, really easy.

• REXX, MechanicMammal, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 8 others like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:47 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 25 February 2017 - 10:48 AM.

Armored van is very easy you just need one or two heavy-vest-RPG tryhards who suicide at bikes and clean the canyon while the money guy stays inside the van till its clear.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:24 PM Edited by MechanicMammal, 27 February 2017 - 04:55 PM.

LOL I remember disagreeing with you about your dislike of people using the Kuruma or other method's they like to do this heist I still think one of the best things about the GTA series is the ability to tackle problems with different solutions, But I must admit the bike way is pretty easy and easier than the armored car way unless you have a bad rider on your team.

Getting 100% take is easy

All the team wear Heavy heist gear.

Make sure that one person takes all of the money and is a good Bike Rider set him/her as the Hacker because they do not need to leave the bank in that role.

Do the bank stuff Crowd control equip RPG's so that you do not worry about intimidation

After you have finished the bank stuff and the cut scene finishes the Hacker/Money takes cover in the bank the other 3 guys clear the front of the Bank, if the guy who is set as the 2nd Crowd control runs to the bikes solo then you get lots less police spawn and no helicopter's! the Demolitions and other crowd control keep the bank area clear, protect the Hacker and provide cover for the runner from the bank area. If the hacker is the money carrier he can stay in the bank and not worry about setting the 1st checkpoint off.

The Runner gets to the bikes blows them up then commits suicide.

You all re spawn at the bikes let the Money go a bit ahead with one other member of your team.

Take Lesters route you do get less resistance that way and there are plenty of off road areas which to swerve onto if the road is blocked.

When you get to the convoy set up area you can cut a corner by going up the bank to the tunnel entrance between the bridge and tunnel there will be 2 police SUV's and cops there so the guy riding with the Hacker/Money man goes first and kills them.

There is a short cut if you go to the alterist camp and straight up that shallow cliff to the destination marker.

Then do as Lester says jump of the cliff parachute to the boat and your done with all or at least most of the money and no cops.

Communication is a real advantage.

To do the armored car way which can be useful if Noose have been called or you have a weak team then do the same until the bike respawn except kill the hostages you need noose. Single runner to the bikes blow them up and suicide.

Ride the bikes along the set route to the dumpster jump there is a swat van there and no cops make sure the money gets in the back.

Do not bother to try to do the set route either take the West coastal Highway or a more direct route the van is slow and you do not have time to lose the cops etc drive straight to the boat no windy trail in the mountain or parachute cover the money as they get to the boat go as quick as poss.

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Friends and I found that when you all take the bikes, it's almost like the two star run with Kuruma.

If you see more than one chopper spawning, re-do the drive from the beginning.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:13 AM

Don't trigger the noose team.

Grab the bikes, one bike for each player so the bike's performance is not compromised.

Money carrier goes in front of the team, the whole team stays together, if somebody falls off the bike, another player must be stop nearby and provide cover until the fallen player comes back to his bike.

Follow the GPS, less cops spawn there.

While you are on the bikes, there is no need to shoot anybody unless a player falls out and needs backup, otherwise if you don't while riding the bikes, cops wont shoot you either.

Do the parachute jump, it clears the cops at the end.
  • JuniorChubb likes this

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

Grab the bikes, one bike for each player so the bike's performance is not compromised.

Money carrier goes in front of the team, the whole team stays together, if somebody falls off the bike, another player must be stop nearby and provide cover until the fallen player comes back to his bike.

While you are on the bikes, there is no need to shoot anybody unless a player falls out and needs backup, otherwise if you don't while riding the bikes, cops wont shoot you either.

i agree with most of this.

but in my opinion the parachute jump is the most risky part to fail.

sometimes the chute doesn't open for everybody or someone messes it up in another way somehow.

@op,

there are also possibilities to use a helicopter which spawn in different locations.

i think the most reliable location for spawning a helicopter is the hospital heli port.

but the question is if the way to the helicopter is really easier than doing it the regular way wiht the bikes or a car.

Comatose Gamer
  • Comatose Gamer

The guy who ate the last cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

The best I can come up with is:

1) Trigger the NOOSE teams by killing a hostage

2) Ensure the bagman takes one step outside when it is clear of Police

3) Get the other players to steal a NOOSE Armoured truck (The ones they arrive in)

4) Drive to the bikes and blow them up

5) Pick up the bagman at the bank

6) Drive to destination

Probably not a perfect strategy, as you will most likely lose some money, but it's better than being shot to hell on those death-traps

• DentureDynamite likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

What I don't like with NOOSE van, its you cannot check the yellow points so cops wait you in the canyon, I even prefere the helico

sometimes the chute doesn't open for everybody or someone messes it up in another way somehow.

More likely they don't take enough of run-up before jumping, I figured it yesterday with a low lvl random, after 3 fails, I told him to come on my bike, then I took the maximum of run-up and when we jumped together, he parachuted how its intented. 

SharoFFenstein
  • SharoFFenstein

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:10 AM

Here is a fun bike route the Elite Challenge Style ^^ But risky though ^^

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homeboy

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

• SharoFFenstein, somebunny, Snoopbr and 1 other like this

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:39 PM Edited by 4ward, 13 March 2017 - 03:39 PM.

Also it's possible to spawn that heli after heist. When you spawn it be sure to kill the pilot with sniper rifle once the heli landed.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

how does this work?

usually your pv disappears after coming out of the bank (or while inside the bank part).

is it because you entered your garage before you got to the bank?

if this really works this should work with the kuruma also.

if so their appartment/garage fix wouldn't make any sense at all.

all back to kuruma again.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

I've heard that people still have problems with that and rather take some slow ass van because they can not drive bikes :p

• MechanicMammal and Mr. Larson like this

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:34 PM Edited by MechanicMammal, 08 April 2017 - 09:39 PM.

I've heard that people still have problems with that and rather take some slow ass van because they can not drive bikes :p

The van method really does suck lol it is slow and to be honest on my runs trying it we have lost more cash than on bikes which normally yields 100%. The best thing about not being able to do the Kuruma method for me was deciding to go for elite and try lots of new methods. But bikes is definitely the main way I do it now unless I want to get someone else the elite where we will do a chopper method.

The Chopper method is only worth doing if you want to go for a elite time because the setting up can take ages.

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

SharoFFenstein
  • SharoFFenstein

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:27 AM Edited by SharoFFenstein, 10 April 2017 - 08:33 AM.

Bikes is the way to go ;) Just take a few test runs, and you will master it shortly ;) 

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

yes, i know that bikes are an easy and fast way to finish this.

but still out of curiosity i would like to know if this really works with your pv:

how does this work?

usually your pv disappears after coming out of the bank (or while inside the bank part).

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

This lousy community really sucks at doing anything the proper way right ?

• ⁣V⁣ and dieseltech20 like this

wmblgy
  • wmblgy

Custom Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:54 PM Edited by wmblgy, 09 May 2017 - 07:55 PM.

This lousy community really sucks at doing anything the proper way right ?

During the last double PacStan week almost two years ago, the garage access was not as well known as it became later. Back then I found plenty of random groups that did it with bikes, as well as I could expect from a random group. This time around, the garage is gone but no random group seems to even consider the bikes. Some want the van, some want the heli, some want to glitch a street car or something that I didn't really understand.

I honestly thought that fixing the garage access would have motivated players to get better at riding bikes. Instead it motivated them to try other workarounds.
  • size_m and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by --V--, 09 May 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Just take the bikes.

I've helped a friend with the Pacific Standard Grind a while back and they killed the hostages to get the NOOSE Van.
Not only that, they took the highway to get to the Digny. And we still got shot when we got to the Dingy. Made me physically ill. So it's pretty impossible to do it without getting shot and losing a little bit of cash.

Just take the bikes and follow this route. You'll get shot and lose maybe less than 100k if you go for the Elite Challenge you will get 100k each.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

Just take the bikes.

I've helped a friend with the Pacific Standard Grind a while back and they killed the hostages to get the NOOSE Van.
Not only that, they took the highway to get to the Digny. And we still got shot when we got to the Dingy. Made me physically ill. So it's pretty impossible to do it without getting shot and losing a little bit of cash.

Just take the bikes and follow this route. You'll get shot and lose maybe less than 100k if you go for the Elite Challenge you will get 100k each.

On the contrary, at least on old gen it is not impossible at all.

I learned some pretty insane strategy from someone back in the days

Things have to be planned really well though.

For starters one needs a crew that can shoot helis out of the air fast and kill fast to get the cash carrier trough the alleys without the person being hit.

and then offroading with the bikes, the carrier goes in the train tunnel, all others take regular route and while they go to the jump checkpoint the carrier goes trough that second last checkpoint from the other side, hits it and then returns and such.

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homeboy

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:15 AM Edited by idonknowhow, 10 May 2017 - 01:15 AM.

but still out of curiosity i would like to know if this really works with your pv:

how does this work?

I haven't done it once just saw it and post here. Apparently pv dispawn, it is street car they use to reach the bank.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

how does this work?

I haven't done it once just saw it and post here. Apparently pv dispawn, it is street car they use to reach the bank.

you are correct it has to be a car  from the street, and the person that places it in position must enter 1 of there garages (This save glitches the car into that position) the person getting the chopper must do the same.

But to be honest the bike way is king and best for money/time ratio. You can be setting up the vehicles for ages and 100% on bikes is pretty easy, The Chopper method is fun to do once so you get the easy elite challenge completion.

At the moment when I host I run bikes 90% of the time unless someone wants to get the elite then I do chopper.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:34 PM Edited by Darth Absentis, 11 May 2017 - 09:38 PM.

5XQK55K.jpg

I will never understand you guys...

Ah well, does not matter for me :)

edit: i am carrying the cash in that picture.

No use of sh*tty glitches, we all followed the checkpoints, i just went a bit offroading and further my team protected me from the NPC's, that is it.

and yes, If the team is just any good this can be done consistently.

edit: credit going to the following social club profiles:

-Darth_Absentis

-champagnepappirk

-CrookedBarrel

-namless1fgsfd

• ⁣V⁣, Mr. Larson, kovaandr and 1 other like this

alchemist3321
  • alchemist3321

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

I was one of the ones a few years ago that came up with the route next to the freeway, through Madrazo's, through Sandy and the mx course. From there you can take the train tracks if you want or go the normal route.

Easiest way is to park a heli next to the garage. Go in the garage and come out and continue heist. It stays there for everyone to leave in after the bikes are blown up.

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:27 PM Edited by --V--, 04 July 2017 - 05:43 AM.

We're definitely trying this one out

TL:DW
Spoiler
  • Alvarez, Thehunteroftruth, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 6 others like this

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

We're definitely trying this one out

TL:DW

Spoiler

Haha, I dunno what to say but that's really a creative way to do that. Now go explain randumbs how to use the snack menu  :panic:

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Haha, I dunno what to say but that's really a creative way to do that. Now go explain randumbs how to use the snack menu  :panic:

Screw randums. Gather some friends in an invite-only session and les do dis.

And with the cheater-spree on PC right now it's better to stay in invite only sessions for now.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Ok...now that is a creative fun exploit i must admit.
  • ⁣V⁣ and kovaandr like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:48 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 22 May 2017 - 06:04 PM.

We're definitely trying this one out.

Oh man--that is hilarious! AND creative. Love it. Easily the best solution yet--but enjoy it while you can before it gets patched..!

You know it's going to embarrass R* to no end if they don't... lol

lol Lester: "Don't worry about the cops, worry about getting to the canyon." They're not. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users