Mouse Click Problem

8 replies to this topic
The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

As you may already know, there is some sort of small "bump" thing (I don't know what it's called, if you do, please tell me in the replies) under the middle of a button (click to see), when you push a mouse button down, the bump hits the smaller button inside the mouse (click to see). This "bump" thing under my mouse's left click is broken, it's just, like broken and pulled apart (click to see), I don't know how it happened, my brother said he accidentally dropped the mouse, i guess that's how it happened. Mouses don't come with a backup click. Is there like, a makeshift thing i can glue on the place of the old "bump" thing, it still has a mark so i'll know where to glue it, i just have to know what i can glue there to fix the problem.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

You're going to have to take some much better pictures if you expect people to see anything.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:34 AM Edited by Noale, 25 February 2017 - 09:35 AM.

Can't see anything from those pictures, but I assume you're talking about the tabs/extrusions on the underside of the button cover that hits the micro-switches? You could rig something to actuate the switch. Or plastic weld the tab back into place. You can glue anywhere you want as long as it doesn't inhibit button movement.

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:28 PM Edited by The Lone Spirit, 26 February 2017 - 02:12 AM.

Can't see anything from those pictures, but I assume you're talking about the tabs/extrusions on the underside of the button cover that hits the micro-switches? You could rig something to actuate the switch. Or plastic weld the tab back into place. You can glue anywhere you want as long as it doesn't inhibit button movement.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm asking what i can glue back there because that "tab/extrusion" thing is lost.

Also, those are photos, not pictures.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Anything that will stick. All it has to do is hit the micro switch. Though honestly I'd just buy another mouse.

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:10 PM

Anything that will stick. All it has to do is hit the micro switch. Though honestly I'd just buy another mouse.

I did buy another mouse, but that one has a problem with its mouse wheel, it hits the micro switch for the MMB and get stuck on there when i scroll down or up.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

Why don't you just return that one, and get a new one if it's clearly broken?

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:49 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 25 February 2017 - 11:51 PM.

did i miss the point of the topic ?

or was a broken mouse the highlight of your day that you decided to share with the rest of us? :turn:

joking :p Rma the new one that you bought if its broken, dont try to tear it apart aswell

The Lone Spirit
  • The Lone Spirit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:16 AM Edited by The Lone Spirit, 26 February 2017 - 07:03 AM.

did i miss the point of the topic ?

or was a broken mouse the highlight of your day that you decided to share with the rest of us? :turn:

joking :p Rma the new one that you bought if its broken, dont try to tear it apart aswell

Because I already RMA'd the new one, when i first bought it, it didn't work at all, I RMA'd it and it was fixed then i discovered it had a problem with its mouse wheels.

I'm unlucky when it comes to mouses. All mouses i buy is sh*t. Even if it's a perfect one it gets sh*tted later.

EDIT: I tried gluing a zipper piece, but it didn't work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users