Are You Tired of Re-Used Cities?

135 replies to this topic
Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Tired of Liberty City. It's time for HD VC...

From the sun-soaked, beachy and palmy Los Santos to the sun-soaked, beachy and palmy Vice City. Ah, I feel tired already. 
Still better than LC 5.0

Not time for LC or a LS-like city (VC). New cityscape, scenery and atmosphere are what's needed. Fresh every time! 

And thanks for the unliked like ;) 

Well VC isn't the same as LS, but if they do a new city that'd be cool too. HD LV? Or something else. Sorry about the unliked like, didn't read the post properly initially haha
  • Mister Pink likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

From the sun-soaked, beachy and palmy Los Santos to the sun-soaked, beachy and palmy Vice City. Ah, I feel tired already. 

I get what you mean, but they are still very different environments. LA and Miami are nothing like each other, apart from palm trees and sunny weather, but that is where the similarities end.

• Mister Pink likes this

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

They can still make Vice City feel different, for one it's not smoggy, and maybe they could make it more humid looking. Cut out the lens flare too.

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

No

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

I get what you mean, but they are still very different environments. LA and Miami are nothing like each other, apart from palm trees and sunny weather, but that is where the similarities end.

Yes, the architecture, city planning and surrounding environments might be different, but the weather is a key player in creating the atmosphere and setting the mood. Remember when we went from the dark and gloomy III to the pink and sunny VC, then to the varied environments and colors that SA offered. It was completely fresh every time and that's what I want to see happening next especially when considering that GTA 6 wouldn't release for another 3 years at least. That's a long waiting trime for things that look similar to the eye weather and atmosphere wise. 

• Mister Pink and Roger Cheeto like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:31 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 09 May 2017 - 12:33 AM.

Ah.. finally, someone who gets me. ^

And Official General, you get it too. But you think Miami/Vice would still be different enough. I can dig that too. 

That's really the crux of it for me. Like Jab said, it would feel like going from one sunny beachy city to another that will offer not much of a change of a color palette, unlike the difference going from III to VC. 

But I get that a new Vice City hasn't been done in HD too and people still want that. In fairness, I would love to see that too but a HD version of an all ready covered city such as GTA 6: Vice City is like an upgrade of an iPhone for me.  A brand new location and a possible change in time period is like a new phone and a different brand: Just a whole new experience. 

• Journey_95 likes this

Nihilanth1982
  • Nihilanth1982

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:38 AM Edited by Nihilanth1982, 09 May 2017 - 12:40 AM.

yes.

liberty city is BORING AS FK OMFG WE'VE HAD 5 GAMES IN THAT DUMP from gta3 i mean seriously. even the real city its modelled on isnt all that.

san andreas is pretty much done after gta5.

and vice? miami? whats so special about miami? beaches? what else? nothing stands out apart from its involving in some old 80s programme.

a new location - not just a city but a state or possibly intermap - will be refreshing. with the same environments it'd get boring and feeling like you're doing the same stuff over and over again because you get that feeling 'have i done this before in a previous life?'

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Savage

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:03 AM

I wouldn't like Vice City to be set in 80's again. It was already done with GTA:VC and you can't remake a time setting that wasn't broken. If Rockstar Games decides to make an 80's Vice City, it should be done for another game. Just how Rockstar Games wanted another game to be done for London, but for another game that I read in some Article or Interview. I imagine seeing sequel to GTA5 in Vice City without a countryside, like a Liberty City map concept. Also to include Las Vegas with a countryside to include Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Red Rock Canyons, Mt. Charleston and Area 51. They can even include Pahrump to relocate Trevor Phillips.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

I like the Chicago idea. New Orleans would be another fine spot for a crime series

Mid Night Club
  • Mid Night Club

Cridgey Enge Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

No, VC is fine for me for the next GTA, as long as they don't redo it as a modern rendition, in which case a new city is better. I'd like the HD era cities to keep their aura.

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

No.

There's still one city left to be rebooted.

Vice City.

• The Deadite likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

...completely dead and boring places to be.

Riiight.

• The Deadite likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Yeah.

I mean don't get me wrong seeing a revamped Vice City would be cool (although my interest in this seems to be declining as time goes on) but I personally feel GTA as a franchise has gone somewhat stale.

A new city/region would be the perfect way to freshen things up IMO.

But who knows, it's anyones guess with the direction they've taken GTA in.

• Mister Pink and Official General like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

No.

There's still one city left to be rebooted.

Vice City.

OK man. I'm not against Vice City. I just think it's a bit obvious, no surprise if it goes to Vice. It almost seems anti-Rockstar to be so predictable although, I wouldn't blame them if it is in Vice. Would make the golden trio of previous cities in HD and most likely set in current time. But that's kind of what I don't like. If Rockstar had a plan to set make modern day GTA's set in modern day re-imaginings of previous cities then we can know the trend. The series becomes predictable. Not that it takes away from the amazing design of the games but the surprise element is gone. 

Back when III came out, we didn't have a clue what was next. I liked that. Now there's an expectation and a formula people want. Rockstar did X so now they must do Y. 

I get the love for seeing a HD Vice. Would be nice but I would prefer the days of getting a surprise new location.

• The7thOne likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Yeah.

I mean don't get me wrong seeing a revamped Vice City would be cool (although my interest in this seems to be declining as time goes on) but I personally feel GTA as a franchise has gone somewhat stale.

A new city/region would be the perfect way to freshen things up IMO.

But who knows, it's anyones guess with the direction they've taken GTA in.

The only other viable new city I can think of for a new GTA game is Chicago and surrounding Midwest areas - however Chicago is still very similar to New York City in many respects, and by GTA chronological standards, IV was not too long ago. However I'd still be fine with it, if it was set in Chicago, despite my great yearning for a new HD Vice City. 

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

Never really been concerned with the exact location or city, but rather just the map and it's contents. I do think a new location may be the best for the next title though. Sure vice city or las venturas would always be great, but By now I'm ready to see what r* can come up with from scratch on whatever the newest generation will be at the time. Also I don't know why but I feel like carcer city would be an exception, that seems like such a gta-esque city, more-so than most we've actually gotten.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users