Solo Public Session (PS4)

14 replies to this topic
wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:54 AM

Tired of having people destroying your CEO or MC cargo during collecting and selling?

I couldnt see any threads about this, and there might be stressfull or simply impossible selling and collecting crates and mc goods in full public sessions.

How to simply empty a public session and make it your own:

* Go to PS menu - settings - date and time

* Change date to one month and year ahead and go back to GTA 

*Game will now freeze and youre not able to move. (Dont worry. No one is able to kill you during this)

*When you successfully have seen everyone left the lobby, go back to date and time and change it back to current date and year.

*go back to your game and enjoy selling and collecting your warehouses in peace. 

If it happens that your game crashes, dont worry, just try again :)

PS: For the ultimate safety, change your Playstation Status to appear offline. It will avoid your friends and other people to join you. But you can anytime you want invite the people you need for help to your lobby. Tell them to do the same.

As I mentioned, I havent seen any thread like this in here, but it might be known, but for the ones who are new to the game or/and to CEO/MC clubs might not have heard of it :)

Happy Gaming.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

While doing that method is perfect for solo players, you cannot invite friends to the session as it goes dead sort of...

But a good way to get a live solo public session is to create a playlist of just one race, nearest to your office/clubhouse, run the playlist, finish it, like/dislike vote then RESTART playlist by pressing square (not sure of xbox controls), once its reloaded just quit it, as a solo player hosting it, there are no bad sport points and always drops you in a fresh public session solo, then invite your buddies and take control of the session. Hope people can interpret my explanation... I saved 2 playlists, both single race lists with the race finish/spawn locations after dropping me outside my office or MC business.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

The easier way to do this is simply to change your MTU setting in the PlayStation menu, if you set it to 800 it will always generate an empty public

lobby.

If you plan to have friends join you then the must either change their MTU setting to 800 or join the lobby and then when the lobby split occurs change MTU

back to the normal setting and then rejoin the lobby, it will still be empty with your friend and then you can play CEO/MC work as normal.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:20 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 21 February 2017 - 02:22 PM.

I couldnt see any threads about this, and there might be stressfull or simply impossible selling and collecting crates and mc goods in full public sessions.

As I mentioned, I havent seen any thread like this in here

Look harder. There's one on page 2, but someone posts this method at least once a week. Still, always useful, and b&m is forever full of people moaning that they've had their crates griefed...

• wosniies likes this

Lameboy
  • Lameboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Any router you may have, check in the ps4 network setting what your ip is(it may change every time, you turn the console on) and in the router menu search for a bandwidth control tab and use the ip you checked to limit the upload speed to about 150kB, and that's it. Sometimes someone may join or you may enter a populated lobby but going outside usually evicts all out and you stay alone, up to 3-4 frieds can join however each joining person creates comm problems (you do have limited upload so sendinh info on your location or voice chat), you may slightly raise the upload limit to acomodate. I've been using this method ever since the first vip dlc and it works like a charm

SkynetOnlineID
  • SkynetOnlineID

Artificial intelligence

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

While doing that method is perfect for solo players, you cannot invite friends to the session as it goes dead sort of...

I can still invite friends. What do you mean by dead sort of? I still prefer the playlist method to avoid game crashes but mostly I'll do the time and date as it's a much quicker process.

The easier way to do this is simply to change your MTU setting in the PlayStation menu, if you set it to 800 it will always generate an empty public

lobby.

If you plan to have friends join you then the must either change their MTU setting to 800 or join the lobby and then when the lobby split occurs change MTU

back to the normal setting and then rejoin the lobby, it will still be empty with your friend and then you can play CEO/MC work as normal.

I use to do this when crates came out but I found in my experience there was a higher chance of getting kicked out of PS4 parties. Might of tried setting my MTU on 600, 700 or 800.

It's still good if you want the session to stay small.

wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

Lmao, what are you talking about? I have done this plenty of times, and if i dont set my ps4 on offline mode, i have a full session in a shortt time. Even faster if friends joins, so .. its far from dead.

lobby.

Yeah, I had a friend tell me about it, but I just found it harder because I got kicked out of party etc, so when i tried the date and time method, it just suited better for me. But doesnt mean it suits everyone :D

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

I thought when I did the time/date method that when I sent invites to friends they never received them, then they look at my PSN profile to try to join that way and couldn't as it said I was playing GTA V, not GTAO, I tried joining others that had done the time/date glitch too, then it was saying the session is no longer active or something, then just dropped me or who tried joining me into a random public instead. I haven't done the date/time method for a long time though, so it may have changed or maybe I did something wrong, anyhow, playlist method I posted as an alternative, since using that way I've had no issues so haven't looked to do another way and along with the MTU settings method, there are many ways to get a solo public session, they get posted regularly and if you are going to post a new thread about it, it should have all the previously mentioned ways to benefit all, they're all posted many times dude. And the date/time method is prone to crashing after a fair amount of time in that same session, especially if more players do join. Anyway, between the first few posts all is clear for anyone new or unsure of how to do this now, happy days & peaceful trading...

wosniies
  • wosniies

Viking

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

I thought when I did the time/date method that when I sent invites to friends they never received them, then they look at my PSN profile to try to join that way and couldn't as it said I was playing GTA V, not GTAO, I tried joining others that had done the time/date glitch too, then it was saying the session is no longer active or something, then just dropped me or who tried joining me into a random public instead. I haven't done the date/time method for a long time though, so it may have changed or maybe I did something wrong, anyhow, playlist method I posted as an alternative, since using that way I've had no issues so haven't looked to do another way and along with the MTU settings method, there are many ways to get a solo public session, they get posted regularly and if you are going to post a new thread about it, it should have all the previously mentioned ways to benefit all, they're all posted many times dude. And the date/time method is prone to crashing after a fair amount of time in that same session, especially if more players do join. Anyway, between the first few posts all is clear for anyone new or unsure of how to do this now, happy days & peaceful trading...

The reason that no other methods are mentioned in this post is because I have no idea how the other methods works. And yeah it might been something wrong happening when they tried to join you. But I had no other problems with having invited friends joining or joining someone who did the method. But i guess its individually.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

Yeah, very possible, I have noticed my sessions don't last as long as before after adding a friend or two in these days, could just be me and my internet being more reliable or less reliable at any given time too, so many connections made over the week so just about anything could be the cause there. Seems more and more inevitable that the room fills eventually so, as expected, we make sure to keep the majority vote just in case a hostile turns up. But we're most definately making the most in case R* find another way to stop solo publics, but the great thing about modern gaming is the ease in which we can share the knowledge. When i was younger, if your social circle didn't know a certain cheat or glitch on an old game, no-one knew, then ya had to get all this info from sega/nintento/PS/xbox magazines etc... Oh how quick it is to solve a riddle these days... ;)

WanderingDrifterDoomin
  • WanderingDrifterDoomin

[DOOM_FTW ]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:57 PM Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin, 27 July 2017 - 12:22 AM.

This is patched guys. as of Gunnrunning Upfate 6/13/17

• Opzeker likes this

fryday
  • fryday

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

Switch to MTU 800 still works, BUT the servers will fill up now with other players. sometimes youre lucky and nobody join, but mostly other players immediatly join.

anyone an idea for the good old empty servers? maybe play around with MTU (maybe 700 or whatever?)

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:30 AM Edited by ALifeOfMisery, 16 June 2017 - 09:32 AM.

Switch to MTU 800 still works, BUT the servers will fill up now with other players. sometimes youre lucky and nobody join, but mostly other players immediatly join.

anyone an idea for the good old empty servers? maybe play around with MTU (maybe 700 or whatever?)

800 seems to fill up for me, to a degree, sometimes maybe 5 or 6 randoms will drop in.

I have now started lowering to 700 and have been alone for hours at a time.

To lag out, suspending the app using the Netflix trick is still working for me.

e46fanatic
  • e46fanatic

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

Setting MTU to 600 has been working just fine. Takes a bit longer to load into a session but nothing crazy. Sometimes loading into a session fails but I'll just reload.

TheOneBehindYou9
  • TheOneBehindYou9

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Setting MTU to 600 has been working just fine. Takes a bit longer to load into a session but nothing crazy. Sometimes loading into a session fails but I'll just reload.

I second this. Indeed takes longer to load, but after that everything works fine. Solo public lobby :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users