11 replies to this topic
tyler5
  • tyler5

PSN: PTOWN_BADBOY

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hello everybody,

Does anyone have any ideas what to do when i cant seem to use any of my 5 crew's crew colors/logo bc it says i need to get to rank 10 first, as if i just started playing the game. actually i just unlinked one psn acc and linked another, thats all. ive tried "earning" the rank by getting max RP any way i.e. missions, racing, just chilling w/crew members for an hour (+200rp every few mins) etc. nothing helps. only info on the 'net about it is from an old R* glitch back in 2013-14 where many ppl had that problem. cant find any info on it otherwise. what do you guys suggest?

thank You in advance for any suggestions and/or help!

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:37 AM

Excuse my dumb question, but do you have any of these crews set to active when you're collecting RP? As in beside your name in game it will say who you represent and your crew emblem will be under your stats on your player ID.

Hopefully you don't think I'm trying to dumb you down, just looking for an obvious solution so it wont resort to possibly being a bug.

tyler5
  • tyler5

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:33 AM Edited by tyler5, 19 February 2017 - 06:34 AM.

Excuse my dumb question, but do you have any of these crews set to active when you're collecting RP? As in beside your name in game it will say who you represent and your crew emblem will be under your stats on your player ID.

Hopefully you don't think I'm trying to dumb you down, just looking for an obvious solution so it wont resort to possibly being a bug.

hehe. yes, of course.

no problem, as i said, ALL help is more than welcome :)

for instance, ive been a part of TheLowlyGentlemen for 2yrs. another crew i created myself, has 120+ members. and then 3 other crews that ive played with. but by far, the most with TLG and it doesnt matter which crew i set active and try to use, i can see the new colors but it is locked up and says that you need to be rank 10 or better to get these kinds of perks.

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:06 AM

Yep I have a character that can't get crew rank no matter what I do. Very annoying

tyler5
  • tyler5

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

Yep I have a character that can't get crew rank no matter what I do. Very annoying

how long have you had this problem? its not my char. problem, it only happened after i started using a different psn account. and even then at first it was cool. then poof, outta nowhere, i cant use secondary crew color. then no colors at all, not even logos. thats beyond annoying. crew colors are one of the most important features of the tuning aspect imho

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

I had a problem in one of the crews I'm in, couldn't get crew tire smoke and that I had to reach rank 10. When I saw on social club I was over rank 10 but in lsc I got the message I had to reach rank 10, but suddenly in a race I got a message I ranked up and it was sorted out

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:32 AM

I gave up trying to join other people's crews for colours and just made my own; it still took a couple of attempts before I got one that allowed me to rank up.

• elfoam likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Seems like a pretty decent bug. I found one crew I can rank up on but even after I've unlocked crew paint changing crews locks it again and I can't rank up. It's supposed to stay unlocked. Probably a recent bug from within the last few updates I'd say.

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Prankster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Your best bet is to contact Rockstar. Best of luck.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

Just out of curiosity do you have more than 2 crews active on your social club accont.

I've experienced most of the crew problems mentioned here and found the only way crew ranks worked and upgraded for me was to have a maximum of 2 crews and just stick to

one crew and also unlink your social club account on Rockstar Social Club and then sign in when you next log in to the game, if that does not fix it then you will have to submit

a ticket.

Just don't ever apply your crew emblem to a car as it may never come off again...

DLcoolJ
  • DLcoolJ

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

I had this once where my crew rank was frozen (although it was frozen at 11 not 1). The only way I managed to get it to start moving/ reset back, was by leaving the crew then joining again. 

That did the trick. Not sure if it'll work for you, but worth a try maybe?

tyler5
  • tyler5

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 5 days ago

i think ive found the fix.

youn eed to leave all your crews. then join the news ones, but your rank'll still stay at 1 and youll be able only to use the primary crew color but at least it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users