Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Ruiner 2000 is impossible to defeat. Discuss.

536 replies to this topic
.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

Don't use Helicopters against a Ruiner 2k.

Use a street bike..coupled with the CGL.. and Stickys and proxies...  and OTR.       

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

I knew you were full of crap, just proved it right there

• Furry_Monkey, Sky_Light12, chef_archie and 2 others like this

HoestOnline
  • HoestOnline

TryHard YouTuber

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Stay behind the Ruiner at all times, best and simplest tip I can give
  • DentureDynamite and chef_archie like this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:23 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 19 February 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Ooh please.. Go grab 28 friends.. Go grab all Ruiners..   And il take you all on.

Come and get it... I'll prove it anytime you want..    Just sayin'...

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

You know I was kind of expecting a bunch of trolling "lol noob"

LOL, Noob, GTFO. :colgate: (there you go).

Normal Ruiner2000 - Completely destructible and lock-onable.( that's a word right?)

VIP Ruiner2000 - RUN! RUN LIKE THE WIND! :lol:

As a few posts have mentioned, the biggest weakness is no bulletproof glass so the driver is vulnerable to gunfire and a good Sniper can force you to destroy your own FL Ruiner for a replacement. (FYI, it took me 4 Sticky Bombs and 3 RPG's to destroy a spawn-trapped Ruiner).

If Fully Loaded is running, get out of all vehicles and stay out until it ends or you will die. :lol:

Biggest problem I face is not being able to flip the car over quickly enough if it goes upside down, not sure if it's part of the design but it's very annoying. The Ruiner becomes a sitting duck for a good few seconds but beware of indiscriminate 'Panic-Fire'..
Ikr, but I always have to laugh when people surrounding me grap their rocket launcher and start spitting rockets :) It could easily survive six or seven.
But yeah, a lobby full of infantry with guns is the worst nightmare. Still, I got really good in ducking in the car while wearing a bullet proof helmet, works good in I/E missions as well.

wait a sec , isn't Bp helmet only applies on convertible and vanishes whetever you entered a roofed car ?

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:17 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 19 February 2017 - 04:34 PM.

To gain the advantage over a Ruiner you need to exploit its strengths to your advantage.  

Don't use long straight roads, use one BLOCK radius with a constant turns to Block line of sight..      Use Alley ways.. Parking garages.

Use low hanging areas to prevent the jumping ability from being useful.  Keeping the car on the ground and constantly moving.  These are the best areas to engage one.

Which to me is easily done with a street bike.  And considering you can use a CGL on street bike and be much more agile with a bike.   Its basically childs play.

And thats pretty much it..   

When a Ruiner comes after me while on a street bike.. I can easily avoid it.   If the Ruiner driver doesn't back off hes opening self up to the easy kill.  There's simply nothing he can do about it.

The Ruiner is basically a buzzard on two wheels..  And thats exactly how i approach one when dealing with it.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

I can't even believe this is a thread.
  • Gridl0k likes this

cakyle1982
  • cakyle1982

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:40 PM Edited by cakyle1982, 19 February 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Plot twist.....if somebody trys to shoot you outta your ruiner.....just "hop". Your above them then. Also, if a chopper is hovering up high in front of you, just come to a complete stop, hop, then pull back on the steering stick, then it will lock easily. The car tilts nose of car up. Lol! Jet griefers the same thing. They following you in your ruiner high speed, just whip around and fire that tube of destructive goodness. Boom! I love my ruiner. Payed full price first day. And if they do blow it up? Just start up fully loaded till your ruiner comes off cooldown. Its like an endless rain of OP jet killing goodness.
P.S. it does rack up badsport points incredibly fast. Just gotta use it in moderation. And never ever ever set still in it. Your a target. Race down the street wide open all the time. I have never been destroyed in it. Let alone, killed by pedestrians. It finally brings the OP vehicles into balance. Aka jets!
  • Ampm and ragedandcaged like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

You will find most players don't study the game and have no clue how to do anything.

Well, you do see people spewing a lot of BS. I've even seen people saying the minigun reaches further than the sniper lol Cc0lHfm.png

• Sky_Light12, Arrows to Athens, chef_archie and 3 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

You will find most players don't study the game and have no clue how to do anything.

Well, you do see people spewing a lot of BS. I've even seen people saying the minigun reaches further than the sniper lol Cc0lHfm.png

No one can be THAT dumb.

• Happy Hunter likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

And as you can tell from the above posts.  They aren't the only ones.

• white frank likes this

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

Oh my God, an F40!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

If you are going up against a regular 2k, use an insurgent and stickies or, if in auto aim, on foot will work too.

Vip ruiner; skip stickies, on foot is best bet. If you have a friend you can do valkyrie, directly above with explosive cannon.

If you shoot someone out of the vip ruiner, steal it after and drive off. Ive had it happen to me and it is maddening to see it drive off into the sunset.
  • The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

No one can be THAT dumb.

These kind of people do make up my primary source of entertainment when in a Buzzard, on the other hand.

gCimxqx.gif

Bless them. Sometimes I kind of feel bad for taking advantage of their lack of knowledge like that, but an underpowered aircraft's got to kill something.

• Sky_Light12, DentureDynamite, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:33 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 19 February 2017 - 05:35 PM.

And as you can tell from the above posts.  They aren't the only ones.

Well.. im more then willing to back it up it..  Just sayin.

Alls i need is one block.. and a pocket full of grenades/stickies..  WTF are you gonna do if you can't lock me and can't catch me?  Absof*ckinlootly nuthin'..thats what.

Hell i chase Insurgent Drivers out of town and Blow them up for fun.. on street a bike.. Ruiner is just a light snack for me.

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

Oh my God, an F40!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

To combat people on streetbikes chasing you, practice doing 360 spins, then get good adding a jump to the spin. Simply fire rockets while 2k is aiming backwards. Nothing pleases me more than blowing up a pursuer in this fashion
  • Goingcrowd9 likes this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:57 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 19 February 2017 - 05:59 PM.

To combat people on streetbikes chasing you, practice doing 360 spins, then get good adding a jump to the spin. Simply fire rockets while 2k is aiming backwards. Nothing pleases me more than blowing up a pursuer in this fashion

Chase you?  High speed..?

No No No..   

Slow creep..  breaking line of sight.  Staying in striking distance..   Avoid anything that puts you in lock on OR an easy lock situation.  And making a move on them when i can.

Why would i chase them like an idiot on the road.?    When i just posted "Avoid open straight roads?"     So the last thing i would do.. is put myself in that position.

Its about controlling the entire thing.. Not playing into their strengths, is part of that.

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

Oh my God, an F40!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Vooodu, u on ps4? If u are I would enjoy the challenge, win or lose it might force me to up my game.

Im currently out of ps plus but when I get it back we could rumble.

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

The Ruiner is basically a buzzard on two wheels..

https://postimg.org/image/z9yo2g6wx/

I want it.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

Some people don't seem to understand the difference between the regular ruiner and the vip ruiner.
  • Sagrawa and white frank like this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Make GTA Great Again

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:21 PM Edited by .Vooodu., 19 February 2017 - 06:23 PM.

Vooodu, u on ps4? If u are I would enjoy the challenge, win or lose it might force me to up my game.

Im currently out of ps plus but when I get it back we could rumble.

Sorry man.. Im on Xbone.

I mean its not really a rumble... Im more or less stalking and sneaking.  And keeping distance.   Well i guess the CGL would cause lots of rumbling..because it would be raining grenades.

I usually don't record long range CGL kills.    But heres one.. I practice all the time.  If the camera didn't auto correct at the 1st shot.. I would never have needed the second. But notice me drive after i the second shot.. I knows its gonna hit.

http://xboxclips.com...85-9b64fb5a55b0

The Ruiner is basically a buzzard on two wheels..

https://postimg.org/image/z9yo2g6wx/

I want it.

OOps my bad.. I meant 4 wheels..   But ya.. i want that too.,..lol

Some people don't seem to understand the difference between the regular ruiner and the vip ruiner.

No.. some people just don't care.  I know i don't..

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

To be fair, the difference doesn't matter imo. The driver is just as easily shot out of either version.

But you are right that people don't know the difference.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

To be fair, the difference doesn't matter imo. The driver is just as easily shot out of either version.

But you are right that people don't know the difference.

Got called a cheater today when 1 sticky bomb didn't bring me down.
  • Mach1bud and white frank like this

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Your best bet is to stay on foot, and stay alert. Unless you can fly jet, which you can't, so ya. Best bet is on foot. That's who gets me the most in my ruiner if im not careful.

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Crackhead

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Not sure if the missiles are more accurate but the user would use them more sparingly since there is a 48 minute wait time to call in another one. And it is WAAAAY less durable than the VIP ruiner. How to combat them, I don't know, just wait for them to use up all their missiles I guess. They are defenseless without them, drivers can't even use handguns inside one.

Man your personal ruiner 2000 doesnt take 48 minutes to come.. just 5 minutes.. and you can go to your warehouse and take it sooner than that.. the vip mission yeah that one is like 60 min.

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

The only time I've been killed whilst using the Securoserve Ruiner (during 'Fully Loaded') is when I've been shot out of the car (I now try to avoid all players on foot). I have yet to be killed by anyone in a jet, buzzard, tank or a PV Ruiner.

There's a new a Sheriff town.

This comment is what is tipping me towards calling Rockstar to complain and have them nerf it. Maybe let it keep the armor but not the ability to keep us from using homing lock and also making the missile fire rate identical to that of a buzzard's. Maybe fewer limos to kill, maybe a shorter mission duration as well.

This is unsustainable.

If I end up buying it I hope they don't listen to my feedback.

Starts "I can't lock onto it"

Everything after that is pointless, because you can lock onto it. Check your targetting settings.

You can still lock onto a R2K doing Fully Loaded, right?

nope

Best way is to shoot the driver.

Also, did you even think of placing a $1000 bounty on the player in the Ruiner 2000? If they have a bounty, you will lock on to any vehicle if they are in it hence making it a little bit easier :p

I have never seen a vehicle be unlockable when the driver has no bounty and then suddenly become lockable when they do. If what you are saying is true, it is exclusive to the situation in which a player is driving the R2K during the turreted limo mission. I doubt that very much. But I'm not saying you're wrong as I have no idea.

I'll just leave this here...

OK now I want to buy that car today. And I have just enough money to do it.

• Gridl0k likes this

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:15 PM

LAG...

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

Don't contact Rockstar to have them nerf it. Nerf this...buff that...petition here...they are a billion dollar company and they do what they want.
  • white frank likes this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

These lobbies are getting to be more and more like Bad Sport lobbies every day.

Most players are too poor to buy one and too dumb to figure out what you are doing.

If I couldn't figure it out, then "dumb" has nothing to do with it.

it's just our main passion but to them it's just one of a whole bunch of games that they play a couple hours on the weekend

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

These lobbies are getting to be more and more like Bad Sport lobbies every day.

Most players are too poor to buy one and too dumb to figure out what you are doing.

If I couldn't figure it out, then "dumb" has nothing to do with it.

it's just our main passion but to them it's just one of a whole bunch of games that they play a couple hours on the weekend

Exactly. It's all I play and I know it like the back of my hand. Buy it since you have the money. It's a great vehicle.
  • white frank likes this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:22 PM Edited by houstoneagle, 19 February 2017 - 09:24 PM.

Hi everybody. I'm a Rank 445 with a KDR of 6.7, and no one is better than me at flying a buzzard, but I can't fly a jet for sh*t. 

I am also expert at stickybombing people from a moving vehicle (see my screen name).

1. KDR is for kids and noobs. noone cares and it means NOTHING.

2. yes there are thousands of better buzzard pilots than you

3. stickybomb expert? no proof there and killing people with sticky bombs is one of the easiest way to kill

4. are you on console? if yes. LOL! to you

5. you are a big f*ckin joke.

I was starting to get worried the internet had suddenly turned massively friendly there for a second. I am comforted by the familiarity of the trolling.

I'm sure there are about 5% of the player pool who are just as good as I am in the buzzard, but I have encountered no one who can defeat me unless I was distracted by killing someone else at the time, of course.

You're always welcome to back up your trolling by letting me know where we can meet up in an invite only lobby to see who can rack up the better record. We can limit it to buzzards or whatever you like. 

PM me.

In before you make a couple more trolling posts, fail to take me up on my offer by not PMing me.

OK we're off topic on the buzzard thing.

Your other comments about sticky bombs are what I typically hear from people after I just got done pwning them in that regard. I won't respond further to that.

oh, and you're a PS4 hater, thats cool. I don't have to deal with modders thanks to the easy report and youtube function. I've gotten several people console banned. Could never do that on a 360. And I hear PC is worse than PS4 for this sort of thing. Again, a bit off-topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users