Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Ruiner 2000 is impossible to defeat. Discuss.

536 replies to this topic
RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

I have seen jet griefers and they cannot put up the numbers I do.

In 20 minutes of Fully Loaded I normally average 30-33 kills per 20 mins.

1.5 kills per minute would be embarassingly low in a Hydra.

In Fully Loaded....nobody is getting an equivalent vehicle to stop me. They can get a regular R2K and quickly get blown up.

I just drive near where they are then get out and wait for them. They're extremely easy to snipe or minigun out of the car as it handles so poorly, at least on PC with a mouse, and their rockets are useless when I'm on foot. And then I set up camp as they need to get back to the thing so will feed me kills.

If I'm in a jet I'll just blow it up but it's much less fun than camping one.

Even buffed to the moon by FL, the ruiner's weaknesses are so crippling that it remains a bad car for PvP.

In theory you are correct but this vehicle is meant to grief the entire session because what I do is hit and run. Kill and move onto next target.

Plus I have the distance figured out for a lock. If it doesn't lock then I will move onto the next player to kill. You sort of learn its little nuances.

There is only one vehicle that I have a problem with and no one has mentioned it yet.

i do agree with its vulnerability.

Anyways those are some crazy efficiency. 30 in 20 mins.

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Kekistan Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

I do not drive near players on foot and I go OTR as often as the game allows.  

Basically you avoid situations or players that put you at a disadvantage.  While using the most OP ground vehicle in the game.

And, other players can simply not drive by any player in a FL Ruiner and go OTR as often as the game allows..  

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

I go after players on foot but I'll be parachuting in, off radar just to make it a certain kil.  You'd be silly to not play each vehicle to it's strengths. No sane person flys a Hydra at low angles of attack, no one drives an insurgent forward towards a target etc. You don't purposely play to a weakness why would you.

PhoenixLights
  • PhoenixLights

Down with corrupt institutions

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

So what's the point of this thread? The thing's been beaten already hasn't it? Its been debunked, it's just a bit stronger than people thought it would be, not unbeatable.

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

Kekistan Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

, no one drives an insurgent forward towards a target

Dafuk does that even mean?

• SuperHolySheep likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

If not driving forwards you must be driving backwards/reversing

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

"lobby upside down

-(ipso facto)"

I don't know what you mean by that.

Ipso facto is a Latin phrase that means immediately. So, once I've completed Fully Load, I can start Headhunter. without cooldown.

oh so you just repeated yourself using fancier language

I assume that you mean to keep it a secret how you are exploiting the game in such a manner. Otherwise, do tell.

LOL It's not so complicated, you just have to complete Headhunter in less than 3 minutes.

Seriously there are players who still didn't know this?

UKPortista
  • UKPortista

Homie

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

So seeing that 90% of this discussion seems to be players complaining about the Ruiner 2000 being overpowered rather than giving any helpful tips and tricks, I will here go over my personal methods to take out the ruiner car.

1. The jet. Although it can be a pain, using a jet can be a very effective method to use against the Ruiner 2000, although I personally have only used this method once out of pure and utter rage as it is being a bit of a coward. 

2. Use a super car and sticky bomb the Ruiner 2000 in a drive-by. Although the ruiner is a pretty powerful vehicle, it have its weaknesses that every Ruiner driver should dread. One of it's biggest weaknesses is the fact that its rockets wont be able to properly lock onto you if you drive towards it head-on. So one decently good driver with a Zentorno or other fast supercar, and a wellplaced sticky bomb, and the Ruiner will be down for the count. This method works especially well if you ambush the Ruiner at very high speed, preferably a slight downhill slope, which will make it even harder for the rockets to lock onto you. I personally recommend you should try to use your surroundings to your advantage, and if you have a Ruiner after you that is hunting you down, a sticky bomb trap is a good move. Personally, I prefer to wait until the Ruiner is around the area that surrounds the LS customs in Downtown Los Santos, as the downhill slopes and the presence of turns makes this an ideal spot to ambush the Ruiner.

3. Proximity mine for the win. Yeah. Although the proximity mine is probably the most hated weapon in the game thanks to players (myself included) who plant them outside of LS customs, these handy little things can be very effective against all types of vehicles, including the Ruiner 2000. Just remember that the mines will need at least five seconds to activate before they can explode effectively enough to take out a fast moving vehicle such as the Ruiner.

As far as weaknesses of the Ruiner goes, in my experience, fighting the ruiner head on and never turning your back on it is the best thing to do should you find yourself forced to fight one of these things. Because as long as you stay alert and are quick enough to evade the missiles as they are fired (which is easier than it sounds if you practice a bit), Ruiners can be very easy to take out with a sticky bomb. The most important weakness Ruiners have though is that they can only survive one sticky bomb, so take your time, plan an approach, and ambush the car whenever you see fit.

In case anyone is asking, I have killed numerous Ruiners using my sticky bombs and I am rarely killed by the car. The main objective you have when you attack a Ruiner is to do the deed as quick and effectively as possible, because the quicker you do it, the less likely it is that the Ruiner will be able to fight back.

Presumably you're referring to the personal Ruiner on not the Fully Loaded version? FLR can handle multiple sticky bombs (it can handle multiple of everything) and in my experience, it has never ended well for anyone trying the sticky approach.
  • Asweti likes this

Angerbox
  • Angerbox

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

Have you tried getting good?

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:04 AM

"lobby upside down

-(ipso facto)"

I don't know what you mean by that.

Ipso facto is a Latin phrase that means immediately. So, once I've completed Fully Load, I can start Headhunter. without cooldown.

oh so you just repeated yourself using fancier language

I assume that you mean to keep it a secret how you are exploiting the game in such a manner. Otherwise, do tell.

LOL It's not so complicated, you just have to complete Headhunter in less than 3 minutes.

Seriously there are players who still didn't know this?

That doesn't work. Spreading disinformation is not helpful.

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

Sure, sure...
What a noob. "buzzard pro" LOL
I will continue to do that.

Asweti
  • Asweti

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

So seeing that 90% of this discussion seems to be players complaining about the Ruiner 2000 being overpowered rather than giving any helpful tips and tricks, I will here go over my personal methods to take out the ruiner car.

1. The jet. Although it can be a pain, using a jet can be a very effective method to use against the Ruiner 2000, although I personally have only used this method once out of pure and utter rage as it is being a bit of a coward. 

2. Use a super car and sticky bomb the Ruiner 2000 in a drive-by. Although the ruiner is a pretty powerful vehicle, it have its weaknesses that every Ruiner driver should dread. One of it's biggest weaknesses is the fact that its rockets wont be able to properly lock onto you if you drive towards it head-on. So one decently good driver with a Zentorno or other fast supercar, and a wellplaced sticky bomb, and the Ruiner will be down for the count. This method works especially well if you ambush the Ruiner at very high speed, preferably a slight downhill slope, which will make it even harder for the rockets to lock onto you. I personally recommend you should try to use your surroundings to your advantage, and if you have a Ruiner after you that is hunting you down, a sticky bomb trap is a good move. Personally, I prefer to wait until the Ruiner is around the area that surrounds the LS customs in Downtown Los Santos, as the downhill slopes and the presence of turns makes this an ideal spot to ambush the Ruiner.

3. Proximity mine for the win. Yeah. Although the proximity mine is probably the most hated weapon in the game thanks to players (myself included) who plant them outside of LS customs, these handy little things can be very effective against all types of vehicles, including the Ruiner 2000. Just remember that the mines will need at least five seconds to activate before they can explode effectively enough to take out a fast moving vehicle such as the Ruiner.

As far as weaknesses of the Ruiner goes, in my experience, fighting the ruiner head on and never turning your back on it is the best thing to do should you find yourself forced to fight one of these things. Because as long as you stay alert and are quick enough to evade the missiles as they are fired (which is easier than it sounds if you practice a bit), Ruiners can be very easy to take out with a sticky bomb. The most important weakness Ruiners have though is that they can only survive one sticky bomb, so take your time, plan an approach, and ambush the car whenever you see fit.

In case anyone is asking, I have killed numerous Ruiners using my sticky bombs and I am rarely killed by the car. The main objective you have when you attack a Ruiner is to do the deed as quick and effectively as possible, because the quicker you do it, the less likely it is that the Ruiner will be able to fight back.

Presumably you're referring to the personal Ruiner on not the Fully Loaded version? FLR can handle multiple sticky bombs (it can handle multiple of everything) and in my experience, it has never ended well for anyone trying the sticky approach.

Yes I was mainly referring to the personal Ruiner, but the FL ruiner is not invulnerable to explosives. They are a major pain in the ass to handle and personally I would prefer Rockstar to remove the Fully Loaded mission as a whole, but the fact that these R2K's are stronger than the personal R2k's, does not hide the fact that they cannot lock onto you properly if you drive towards them headon. And even though I have wasted as many as fifteen sticky bombs and a fair share of proximity mines in my battles to take out these kinds of ultrapowered players, it is still very possible to take them out. Personally I prefer to stay as far away as possible from Fully Loaded ruiners as they are just griefers in my opinion (Though I am not the slightest bit better myself seeing how I provoked the player to begin with by sticky bombing them over and over), but if it comes down to it I am prepared to take them on. In my experience, it takes at least 10sticky bombs to blow up a R2K in Fully Loaded, and that's if you can drive them head on and successfully stick the bombs onto their car. So yeah, ultrapowered. My best method to deal with these players is to simply keep my distance and wait out their Fully Loaded to expire, before I take them on. In a Zentorno or any other supercar, its not really that difficult to stay at a fair distance with the use of Off The Radar for good measures.

rockstar legend
  • rockstar legend

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

@ Asweti  

ive killed many vehicles speeding towards me , thats what makes the ruiner special ,, the missiles track 10 times better than jet / heli/ homing missiles .

one or two speeders evaded the first missile but they fire so quick the second or third gets em

Asweti
  • Asweti

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

@ Asweti  

ive killed many vehicles speeding towards me , thats what makes the ruiner special ,, the missiles track 10 times better than jet / heli/ homing missiles .

one or two speeders evaded the first missile but they fire so quick the second or third gets em

Well than you must be one of the better drivers, because I have seen plenty of players in Ruiners who try to kill me, but fail miserably. Sure, some of them get me, but most of the time they do not pay enough attention to the radar to even notice me before they get the "wasted" screen. Which is probably the most common mistake players do in this game, they forget to check their radar and do not realize they got a player on their back until they are wasted. 

Another mistake I see a lot of ruiner players do, is the fact that they will blindly follow me wherever I go, which makes them extremely vulnerable to traps. One good proximity mine, and their out.

To be honest though I do not really see why the Ruiner is such a problem for players in GTA. I've met it a few times, but in my opinion, we should worry more about the jets rather than the Ruiner and the other special vehicles which have been added in the game.

Gipsy DanGer
  • Gipsy DanGer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

its not that hard,

just wait to they come around and just shoot them out of the car, its easy

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

its not that hard,

The smart ones don't attack players on foot.
  • Tonguegirl likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

You being turned on is what turns me on. Anything goes baby.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:54 PM Edited by Tonguegirl, 17 May 2017 - 03:56 PM.

its not that hard,

YEP, guaranteed to kill you. The only way of getting a guaranteed kill on an on-foot player is if they're dumb enough to stand next to an occupied Limo, which, thankfully, many are  :lol:

• ragedandcaged likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

its not that hard,

YEP, guaranteed to kill you. The only way of getting a guaranteed kill on an on-foot player is if they're dumb enough to stand next to an occupied Limo, which, thankfully, many are  :lol:

Or when OTR. Which I am for 8 of those 20 minutes.
  • Tonguegirl likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

You being turned on is what turns me on. Anything goes baby.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

its not that hard,

Or when OTR. Which I am for 8 of those 20 minutes.

Yeah I love how we get Ghost at the start AND the end plus Lester in-between. :lol: Doesn't surprise me that so many people go passive when I start FL. My Personal Best so far is six players at once LOL.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Lol. Half the lobby standing on street corners...kicking cans.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

Hmmm, I'll have to look into getting one of these lol. 

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

My experience vs. the Ruiner 2000....

Savage is still a Beast.

• The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

Savage is still a Beast.

Not the vip ruiner.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:54 AM Edited by Happy Hunter, 18 May 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Savage is still a Beast.

Not the vip ruiner.

Lol. Booom! kx0KiDe.gif

• Sinner's Rise and The-Irish-Hunter like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hmmm, I'll have to look into getting one of these lol. 

Avoid players on foot. If you want a challenge attack insurgents and dods.
  • joel15cat likes this

Gipsy DanGer
  • Gipsy DanGer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

its not that hard,

even if there chaseing you in a car, i alway just pull a 180 around a turn hop out and shoot them out, then just put a proxy and drive away

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

its not that hard,

even if there chaseing you in a car, i alway just pull a 180 around a turn hop out and shoot them out, then just put a proxy and drive away

Exactly what I do. 2 kills for 1.
  • Gipsy DanGer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users