Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Ruiner 2000 is impossible to defeat. Discuss.

536 replies to this topic
houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:21 AM

Hi everybody. I'm a Rank 445 with a KDR of 6.7, and no one is better than me at flying a buzzard, but I can't fly a jet for sh*t. 

I am also expert at stickybombing people from a moving vehicle (see my screen name).

I cannot defeat the Ruiner 2000. 

I have tried to shoot it with my buzzard. It won't lock on. Boom. I'm dead.

I have tried to shoot it with my non-lock on missiles, which I am very, very deadly accurate with. Ruiner 2000 moves fast and shoots me boom. I'm dead.

I go at it with a tank. It fires 3 missiles at me in less than 1.5 seconds. No buzzard can do that. It's 2 shots in 1 second then wait 3 seconds. Boom. I'm dead.

Mind you I did all of this using my usual "foolproof" techniques. Off radar. Ghost Org. Putting a sticky on the front of my car while invisible and sneaking up on it.

It's like they have homing but you can't home on them, right? And they can shoot and it always hits, no dodging it, right?

I can only imagine the discussion at the highest levels of rockstar:

"Seems a bit OP, don't you think?"

"Yeah but they're gonna have to buy a $100 shark card to get it in most cases."

"Oh, carry on then."

I did not know it was possible for someone who has played thousands of hours between GTA IV Online and GTA V Online to feel like a helpless absolute complete noob almost reduced to the tears I am supposed to be feasting on instead of crying, but there it is.

Does anyone have some expert tips and strategies? Otherwise I'm going to just give up and buy one myself.

• shadyslady, Mr.ClaudeFan, Blasterman4EVER and 2 others like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Regular R2K explode quite easily and have only 8 rockets, after that, players must use the non-pivot machine guns. HOWEVER, once starting Fully Loaded, players can use the OP car for about 15 minutes. I'd avoid those dudes if I were you.
  • Perez84, Soran Is On, houstoneagle and 4 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:27 AM

I get shot out of mine by players on foot quite often, killing the VIP ruiner in a Hydra is possible but the ruiner has the upper hand, buzzard dont even bother trying. Tank can kill a ruiner if you get lucky but 9 times out of ten you wont get lucky.

• houstoneagle likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

i think you are facing people using the vip mission ruiner which seem to be tougher than a regular ruiner.

anyway they are defeatable with a jet
  • hei3enberg, houstoneagle, --V-- and 4 others like this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Regular R2K explode quite easily and have only 8 rockets, after that, players must use the non-pivot machine guns. HOWEVER, once starting Fully Loaded, players can use the OP car for about 15 minutes. I'd avoid those dudes if I were you.

Ahhhhh...both lobbies in which I experienced this humiliation were when Fully Loaded was running. And they didn't seem to be trying to kill the turreted limos, just griefing the lobby with no BS points, no insurance costs, and no way to stop them.

Just curious though, against a regular R2K, how are those any easier to defeat before their 8 rockets are used up? Wouldn't I have the same issues as with the OP car?

I get shot out of mine by players on foot quite often, killing the VIP ruiner in a Hydra is possible but the ruiner has the upper hand, buzzard dont even bother trying. Tank can kill a ruiner if you get lucky but 9 times out of ten you wont get lucky.

OK so just like any other car pedestrians can shoot it super easy, gotcha. OK that's one good strategy. I agree "buzzard don't even bother trying" because if I can't defeat something in a buzzard, that something cannot be defeated. You fly a buzzard since 2008 over thousands of hours across two editions and you can say the same thing. I can't even fly a Hydra let alone kill anything with it. That's for another thread, though.

Don't tell me the "Fully Loaded" (OP version) R2K is armored, also? I would guess it's not if you can get shot by pedestrians. I have an armored car and I can mow people down without ever getting shot dead.

i think you are facing people using the vip mission ruiner which seem to be tougher than a regular ruiner.

anyway they are defeatable with a jet

I'm sure they are.

Which I am no good at.

Thanks for the replies.

Looking forward to hearing more about the difference between the mission ruiner and the regular one.

N R G
  • N R G

Team Marina Diamandis

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Ruiner 2000 aka Jesus on wheels
  • MC., EVOLUT7ON, Soran Is On and 7 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:35 AM

It's much stronger than a modded insurgent, but no armoured windows.

• chef_archie likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

I love the VIP Ruiner. I do fully loaded as soon as the cool down ends.
  • joel15cat, Soran Is On and white frank like this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

You know I was kind of expecting a bunch of trolling "lol noob" posts but I must have hit a nerve.

It definitely is a wake up call to those of us who are used to having our way with these lobbies. Damn.

--V--
  • --V--

;)

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:38 AM Edited by --V--, 19 February 2017 - 02:38 AM.

Yeah, the Fully Loaded VIP work Ruiner 2000 is stupidly armored and loaded with rockets.
It takes like 4-5 rockets to blow it up while it has infinite rockets.
The only solution for it is to just shoot the driver. From a distance. With a sniper. Like a little bitch.

(sorry)

But the regular Ruiner 2000 is pretty stupid compared to the VIP Work and Contract mission ones. Can be blown up with one rocket and has 8 rockets.

• AGNT009 likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:39 AM

You know I was kind of expecting a bunch of trolling "lol noob" posts but I must have hit a nerve.

It definitely is a wake up call to those of us who are used to having our way with these lobbies. Damn.

To be honest any time I see someone trolling a lobby in a Jet or Buzzrd flying aggressivly I start fully loaded and shoot them down. I haven't lost to a Hydra yet but I'm sure eventually one will get me.

• wagon92x likes this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:40 AM Edited by HamwithCheese, 19 February 2017 - 02:40 AM.

Not sure if the missiles are more accurate but the user would use them more sparingly since there is a 48 minute wait time to call in another one. And it is WAAAAY less durable than the VIP ruiner. How to combat them, I don't know, just wait for them to use up all their missiles I guess. They are defenseless without them, drivers can't even use handguns inside one.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:40 AM

It's a great jet deterrent and amazing against choppers. Blow those cupcakes up and keep on trucking.
  • Soran Is On, Red Lynx 23, Darthfop and 1 other like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:44 AM Edited by elfoam, 19 February 2017 - 02:45 AM.

Yeah, the Fully Loaded VIP work Ruiner 2000 is stupidly armored and loaded with rockets.
It takes like 4-5 rockets to blow it up while it has infinite rockets.
The only solution for it is to just shoot the driver. From a distance. With a sniper. Like a little bitch.

(sorry)

But the regular Ruiner 2000 is pretty stupid compared to the VIP Work and Contract mission ones. Can be blown up with one rocket and has 8 rockets.

I've shot down Hydras in the regular ruiner too, just makes the fight slightly in the Hydras favour but still a dangerous target to attack.

Not sure if the missiles are more accurate but the user would use them more sparingly since there is a 48 minute wait time to call in another one. And it is WAAAAY less durable than the VIP ruiner. How to combat them, I don't know, just wait for them to use up all their missiles I guess. They are defenseless without them, drivers can't even use handguns inside one.

You can get a new standard ruiner anytime from your garage, 5 minute cooldown  to get one delivered.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:45 AM

naa under normal circunstances you would get the "gid gud" responses, but people here are behaving good, in hopes of getting our beloved "next dlc thread" unlocked!
  • Nuclearsniper, Sweedy and kovaandr like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

Get out of your Buzzard, get out your handgun and shoot the guy between the eyes.

• Mach1bud and CUTS3R like this

Fun De Panda
  • Fun De Panda

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

Don't bother going against the VIP Ruiner 2000 like people said.

It's armored and with unlimited rockets and bulletproof tires ..etc

The only advantage you have as Buzzard or Jet is the lockon distance.

You can lock into it from 300 meters while the Ruiner 2000 requires the distance to be 225 meters.

• Soran Is On, Sagrawa and Sweedy like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

If you can't beat it - just go high out of reach or land for 20 minutes, have a wank or something, make a few witty helicopter posts on here.

Come back, spawnkill. You'll have an hour before they can even begin to get another.

One thing I'd find really funny (still have to come across one of them to try it), is to shoot the person out on foot, then get in a 'Bob and hold it over their head, just out of reach. Really want to try that lol.

• AGNT009, Sagrawa, Skeve613 and 7 others like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

It's my favorite new vehicle. Great addition by Rockstar.
  • cakyle1982 and white frank like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

If you can't beat it - just go high out of reach or land for 20 minutes, have a wank or something, make a few witty helicopter posts on here.

Come back, spawnkill. You'll have an hour before they can even begin to get another.

One thing I'd find really funny (still have to come across one of them to try it), is to shoot the person out on foot, then get in a 'Bob and hold it over their head, just out of reach. Really want to try that lol.

Damn, that's a good one. Should really try that next time.

Last time I kept throwing proxies after I shot him out of it....after getting blown up three times the guys left.

Still have only seen six or seven guys trying to get pk's with a VIP ruiner so far.

• Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

Oh one more thing - I'd imagine a Valkyrie might be quite effective against it. You could hover high over in its blind spot and stay there (thanks to not having to sway the heli back and forth - you'd have the co-pilot just aim down instead).

So, with that, sit back and pepper it for a while.

It is very strong, but I'd rather just have stuff like aircraft given flares/the missile jammer (aside from jets). Also buff the Savage.

But in general, I don't have a huge problem with Ruiners. Hardly ever even see them myself.

• Mr Grandis, The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and 3 others like this

lol232
  • lol232

GTAForums Gold™ Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

Learn how to fly a damn Jet or get a Rhino+Off the radar.
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

Just become a spineless, talentless jet pussy
  • Red Lynx 23 and jerryinohio78 like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

Just shoot the driver. I don't understand the issue. I've had plenty of people kill me while driving my Ruiner 2000.
  • Ribsey, Red Lynx 23 and El-Gaddafii like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

I've never been killed by one. Just park on a roof and wait for their timer to run out. Then they become your bitch again.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:02 AM

Learn how to fly a damn Jet or get a Rhino+Off the radar.

Rhino has zero chance. Just like a chopper.
  • white frank likes this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

To be honest any time I see someone trolling a lobby in a Jet or Buzzrd flying aggressivly I start fully loaded and shoot them down. I haven't lost to a Hydra yet but I'm sure eventually one will get me.

so you're the guy who made me cry today...mmmhmmm.

Get out of your Buzzard, get out your handgun and shoot the guy between the eyes.

hahaha ok

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:06 AM

Just shoot the driver. I don't understand the issue. I've had plenty of people kill me while driving my Ruiner 2000.

During fully loaded I avoid players on foot and focus on low hanging fruit.
  • Skeve613 and white frank like this

houstoneagle
  • houstoneagle

StickyBombNoobs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:06 AM

Don't bother going against the VIP Ruiner 2000 like people said.

It's armored and with unlimited rockets and bulletproof tires ..etc

The only advantage you have as Buzzard or Jet is the lockon distance.

You can lock into it from 300 meters while the Ruiner 2000 requires the distance to be 225 meters.

75 meters is the width of the Window of Opportunity.

good post

• Dream-_-Traveler and Happy Hunter like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

During fully loaded I avoid players on foot and focus on low hanging fruit.

I avoid other players on foot anytime I am driving anything. In autoaim cars are deathtraps lol.
  • DM98xKONATA, Shadowfennekin, Sagrawa and 5 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users