Game problem and crashes

12 replies to this topic
Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

I have a problem with my game.When I try go to Ammunation in Mainland ,I can't see camera on weapons to buy and then,all buttons I use makes game crash,also today I want do Sunshine Autos Races and when I go to pink marker,I don't see conditions of races,I se the same situation like in Ammunation,I click all buttons and game crash.What should I do? It's PC version.Need fast help

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Patrick1994, 4 weeks ago.

TLDR:
http://www.cenega.pl...ty1/wszystkie/1
on that page, pick this one:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 0,15 MB Patch do polskiej edycji gry Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, poprawiający problem, związany z zakupem broni w sklepie.

That's funny, we are talking about it on Discord right now:

[1:21 AM] Gaël: cd and dvd version of the game are different
[1:22 AM] Gaël: Aktualizacja usuwa problem zawieszania siê gry w sklepie z broni¹ (wystêpuje tylko w wersji DVD gry GTA Vice City).

UWAGA: Zapisane gry nie s¹ kompatybilne i konieczne mo¿e byæ rozpoczêcie gry od pocz¹tku.
[1:22 AM] Gaël: The update removes the problem of crashes in store broni¹ (occurs only in the DVD version of the game GTA Vice City).

Note: Saved games are not compatible and you may need to start playing from the beginning.
[1:22 AM] Gaël: i'm 99% sure it means the dvd version is like @Anti 's aussie version

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Martin4004, 4 weeks ago.

TLDR:
http://www.cenega.pl...ty1/wszystkie/1
on that page, pick this one:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 0,15 MB Patch do polskiej edycji gry Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, poprawiający problem, związany z zakupem broni w sklepie.

That's funny, we are talking about it on Discord right now:

[1:21 AM] Gaël: cd and dvd version of the game are different
[1:22 AM] Gaël: Aktualizacja usuwa problem zawieszania siê gry w sklepie z broni¹ (wystêpuje tylko w wersji DVD gry GTA Vice City).

UWAGA: Zapisane gry nie s¹ kompatybilne i konieczne mo¿e byæ rozpoczêcie gry od pocz¹tku.
[1:22 AM] Gaël: The update removes the problem of crashes in store broni¹ (occurs only in the DVD version of the game GTA Vice City).

Note: Saved games are not compatible and you may need to start playing from the beginning.
[1:22 AM] Gaël: i'm 99% sure it means the dvd version is like @Anti 's aussie version

I checked this page ,I have game from there in polish version but I play without Polish translation and have a lot of things and I didin't know this game will have crashes in ammo shopes and during races.. so I need new files to play still on English version

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Patrick1994, 4 weeks ago.

Edit: I could apply the patch and see what it changed, then send you the relevant files. Give me 2h. ^^

Before going through the fun of reading that I need to assure that that is what you want.

Spoiler

Re-reading your post, it seems like you want to get back to what you had pre-patch. I have never heard of an "unpatcher" so good luck. :D I'd just reinstall then - if it was stolen from the internet just steal it again - and use your 500GB hdd next time and keep your stuff for a while. :D

If you want to simply avoid the crashes then try the patch and if that does not work then download an old main.scm.

Why scm?
The problem is most likely the new main.scm in combination with an old exe.

The new main.scm contains the command "is_japanese_version" which the old exe does not support, causing a crash. That's why it crashes inside menus: "if japanese, switch controls to circle=accept / cross=cancel"
And Dildo Dodo "if japanese, skip the last subtitle"

So just get the old main.scm. Rename it to "main.scm" and put it into gtavc -> data.

I know this since it was discussed on Discord. The version in question was an Australian DVD re-release. It had the same symptoms as you have fun with so I applied it to this case.

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Edit: I could apply the patch and see what it changed, then send you the relevant files. Give me 2h. ^^

Before going through the fun of reading that I need to assure that that is what you want.

Spoiler

Re-reading your post, it seems like you want to get back to what you had pre-patch. I have never heard of an "unpatcher" so good luck. :D I'd just reinstall then - if it was stolen from the internet just steal it again - and use your 500GB hdd next time and keep your stuff for a while. :D

If you want to simply avoid the crashes then try the patch and if that does not work then download an old main.scm.

Why scm?
The problem is most likely the new main.scm in combination with an old exe.

The new main.scm contains the command "is_japanese_version" which the old exe does not support, causing a crash. That's why it crashes inside menus: "if japanese, switch controls to circle=accept / cross=cancel"
And Dildo Dodo "if japanese, skip the last subtitle"

So just get the old main.scm. Rename it to "main.scm" and put it into gtavc -> data.

I know this since it was discussed on Discord. The version in question was an Australian DVD re-release. It had the same symptoms as you have fun with so I applied it to this case.

Okay I read what you wrote and..the thing is I installed this polish patch which you showed me and when I try to go to my save which the last mission is on English language,in loading game just crash,I changed Polish language to English but this do nothing and game still crash while loading,I know only that delete my crashes in new saves but they are Polish name saves and my current save is on English version when I didin't install Polish patch so I think I need files which are from English version of the game and which have in itself patch which deletes crashes which have Polish patch.It looks really complicated but that is thing I think I need now..so I ask for help.My game isn't Steam version.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Copy the current game, then reinstall your game. Then you have two installations, one for each kind of savegame.

Send me the scm where it crashes in those menus (races etc). I'll just edit out that "is_japanese_version" command - it is unnecessary, anyways.

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Copy the current game, then reinstall your game. Then you have two installations, one for each kind of savegame.

Send me the scm where it crashes in those menus (races etc). I'll just edit out that "is_japanese_version" command - it is unnecessary, anyways.

Can I simply send it now ? Give me your e-mail or something and I will send it today.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Personal message

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Personal message

kk

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

The problem is finally over! :) thank you so much

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have another problem.The point is I have crash when I try to start G-Spotlight mission.What should I do?

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Fixed

Martin4004
  • Martin4004

Rat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago