Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy

148 replies to this topic
Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

Machiavellian Fist Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Never knew how to get this gem as a kid. It's a giant pain though. 

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:36 AM

I wish they had ironed out some of the difficulty spikes a bit more..

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:33 AM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 12 July 2017 - 01:35 AM.

So i recently saw that a developer of twinsanity posted on neogaf that sometimes the traveller's tales team behind crash twinsanity meet up and talk about a remastered version of twinsanity with all the cut content included 

Would anybody else love to see twinsanity with not only remastered graphics but also lots of cut content finally included in the game?

I'd much rather see a new game in a similar vein as twinsanity, I guess a twinsanity 2 but not with that name plus it would be nice for them to take inspiration from the cut content of the game since I spend a lot of time going through it every now and then when I wanna feel sad.

Also, if you were to add even half the cut content to the game in a remake, at that point it wouldn't even be a remake, it would be a game in its own right, so may as well just go with a new game whislt having some old concept art and cut content as reference.

If you like Twinsanity, someone on the /wsr board on 4chan coloured in some of the unfinished concept art for me a while back and I use it for wallpapers now.

Original:m9HXwRZ.png

Coloured:

http://imgur.com/B7xNB42

B7xNB42.jpg

ZUTIfPY.png

• Letus and Ivan1997GTA like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

So i recently saw that a developer of twinsanity posted on neogaf that sometimes the traveller's tales team behind crash twinsanity meet up and talk about a remastered version of twinsanity with all the cut content included 

Would anybody else love to see twinsanity with not only remastered graphics but also lots of cut content finally included in the game?

Yes, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

Twinsanity definitely left a bunch of ideas that could be used in the future

For now i hope a new game comes out in the future (and i hope it's just as good as the ND trilogy)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

Absolutely not on the Twinsanity remake. Twinsanity abandoned basically everything that made Crash such a success. They were just trying to be Banjo Kazooie or any other of those boring open world platformers. There's a reason they started by remastering the original old school games and not all that nonsense Activision's think-tanks came up with to appeal to what they thought fans wanted, or more realistically, what they thought would sell.

If anything classic Spyro needs to be next. Or CTR.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:53 AM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 12 July 2017 - 03:56 AM.

Activision's think-tanks 

I don't think they owned crash around that time

They were just trying to be Banjo Kazooie or any other of those boring open world platformers.

?

MoM was i guess the MOST open-world but Twinsanity was more linear paths with some areas being open to explore (i.e N.Sanity beach, which was pretty cool seeing Crash's house in game and seeing Papu Papu's village and the papu papu hut itself was also great.)

If anything Twinsanity was a love letter to the franchise, at one point you were supposed to sneak into cortex tower as coco in a spy suit, there was so much stuff in that game that payed respect to crash 1.

Also the post in question.

http://www.neogaf.co...82&postcount=87

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:21 AM Edited by Darkshadows, 12 July 2017 - 04:22 AM.

Activision started owning crash during crash of the titans i think?

Twinsanity wasn't a bad game for me specially considering how everything went to hell after the Naughty Dog era (also i'm sorry for bringing up a different game?  :blush:)

Well talking about N.Sane Trilogy again i was easily getting the platinum relics for crash 1 until i got to native fortress, trying to go fast in a level based around waiting is really hard and i think i'm not at the worst part yet...

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:24 AM Edited by Setzaroth, 12 July 2017 - 04:42 AM.

Regardless of who owned what when, you're kinda missing the point entirely. Those games weren't Crash. After Naughtydog passed the torch, nobody understood how to do the franchise justice. It died for a reason. This is clear if you just look at the character model for each subsequent game after warped. It just got worse and worse.

This video explains it

As far as the neo gaf post. It doesn't sound like anything more than someone trying to feel important. "Did you know I used to do this, here's some concept art, oh and someone that did this in the past now works for the people doing the remasters?"

So? Haha. 

The demand for original Spyro and Crash Team racing is infinitely higher. Hopefully they realize that.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

CTR for me would be kinda meh because i'm not a fan of racing games but Spyro HD on the other hand oh boy...

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

This video explains it

It doesn't.

I've watched this videos tons of times. He explains the original trilogy really well.

But he doesn't explain the PS2 titles all that well, he brings up good points about some of the aesthetic especially in crash's model being lost but that's not to say that future crash games from here on out can't also use some of the good aspects (of which there are many in twinsanity) from the PS2 era for reference.

Personally I don't want a remake or remaster of anything for a good while since I want to see what Crash has to offer in 2017 rather than just his classic stuff.

As for CTR, I doubt VV would be able to replicate its controls and feel that well, I think a new racing game (especially with online) would be a better option as they have more creative freedom then.

• Darkshadows likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

Personally I don't want a remake or remaster of anything for a good while since I want to see what Crash has to offer in 2017 rather than just his classic stuff.

We saw his comeback and now we got to see what he can offer in the future

i'm pretty excited to be honest  :colgate:

• Mr_Zombly likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Umbilical World

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Managed to get all the coloured and clear gems on Crash 1, all that's left is 9 or 10 relics. Unfortunately for me, I've left some of the worst ones for last - attempted The Lab and Generator Room this morning I could barely break sapphire, let alone gold, which I would be more than happy with.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Trying to get the gold relic on piston it away is really pissing me off

Craig
  • Craig

Umbilical World

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Piston It Away has always been a bad level for me. Eventually, I gave up any hope for getting the gem for the time being and just concentrated on finishing the game. I dislike a good deal about that last hub and the levels. Even the tweaked jetpack physics don't really change my opinion. I'm not looking forward to getting the relics for those.

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Finished spaced out and piston last night

Crash 1 - 102%

Crash 2 - 102%

Crash 3 - 105%

Just gotta get some of the trophies like 99 lives for 2 and 3 and then I've platinummed all 3 games.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

I just Platinumed Crash 1 and 2 now on to WARPED!!!!!

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:34 PM Edited by Darkshadows, 20 July 2017 - 09:03 PM.

Stormy Ascent is now available to download for free during the next 30 days

so we can finally get 100% in trophies for Crash Bandicoot 1

• Wu-Tang Forever and Ivan1997GTA like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

And that's all 3 Crash game platinumed
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

Still no word if it's really coming to xbox one? I have read a lot saying it is ps4 exclusive even from Sony themselves said ita exclusive (and they are listed in the credits AND a naughty dog employee helped a bit on the game it was revealed at comic con earlier) but a dude on twitter makes a point saying that until Activision announces its exclusive to ps4 its coming to xbox. Plus all xbox one listings so far have been fake. What do you guys think as I support the idea that no matter what console your on we are all gamers. Anyways do you guys think xbox players will get it or will it remain playstation exclusive?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

I finished the Stormy Ascent level, I started with 96 lives and ended with 42
  • icecoldkilla1467 likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Umbilical World

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Stormy Ascent has made me physically age. It's turned my big, beautiful, brown beard into a single strand of pathetic grey. Whoever designed that bonus level deserves to be strapped to a hospital gurney and castrated with rusty fishing knives.

I can't even get past that bastarding bonus level. What's it's reasoning? Why did I even get this? I should have known by the smell of sulphur and cloven hooves my PS4 emitted as soon as I hit play.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

Stormy Ascent has made me physically age. It's turned my big, beautiful, brown beard into a single strand of pathetic grey. Whoever designed that bonus level deserves to be strapped to a hospital gurney and castrated with rusty fishing knives.

I can't even get past that bastarding bonus level. What's it's reasoning? Why did I even get this? I should have known by the smell of sulphur and cloven hooves my PS4 emitted as soon as I hit play.

*Craig while playing Stormy Ascent*

zynvOQs.png

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

https://www.reddit.c...i_artist_shows/

Eevcco7.gif

Possible Xbox release???

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:26 PM Edited by Gremlin Sombra, 30 July 2017 - 03:27 PM.

Ever since one of Sony's twitter account mentioned how the game was being released on their console first.  I felt like it was going to happen eventually.  With that video being out.  I only hope an announcement happens soon now.

• icecoldkilla1467 and Ivan1997GTA like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thats from a pc dev build as vicarious visions builds the game on pc first and then port to consoles. They said this back in November and the patented playstation memory card is still shown which would be weird for xbox.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

https://www.crashman...anity-remaster/

• Corndawg93, Letus, icecoldkilla1467 and 1 other like this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

Well a new game would have to be released first before more remakes but that sounds good

However i realized that with the N.Sane trilogy they can finally fix the errors that most of the PS2 games made so how could a twinsanity remake exist if VV wants to go with a whole new timeline after the N.sane trilogy? since the main purpose of the remakes is to bring new people to the games then how would new players feel with the "three years ago" thing? almost nobody wants a TWOC remake just to fill that gap in a twinsanity remake (since most fans don't like twinsanity i think they would start smashing their head against the wall if they heard about a WOC remake)

I think they should just use the basic concept of twinsanity and make a completely new game out of it (maybe even make it a sequel to N.Sane warped?)

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:10 PM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 05 August 2017 - 10:13 PM.

It would basically be a new game anyway to be honest. Each time there has been a staff member mentioning a twinsanity remake, they have specified it should have its cut content.

Which if they were to include even just half of the cut content, it would be a brand new game entirely. 

So they are probably better off having a new game that makes use of the twinsanity mechanics and the cut levels. It would be branded as a new game whilst being an unofficial Twinsanity re-imagining.

(Also they have to set up what the old games used to do with having each beginning of a new game link to the end of the last. So it couldn't really start with Cortex and Uka in ice again, they'd  need to explain the baby thing at warped if they were rebooting the timeline)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users