X Button on Xbox Controller Stops Working

10 replies to this topic
NUCLEARBLAST91
  • NUCLEARBLAST91

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:54 AM

I'm at the part where I'm collecting the spaceship parts and the letter scraps which are the remaining objectives left for me to complete the 100% checklist, but there's something getting in the way of my progress that's really frustrating me and that's where at some point every time after I load the game the X button on my Xbox controller will stop working for whatever reason which prevents me from climbing up onto objects to collect the items or trying to get out of the water after I collect the items there. Has something like this ever happened to you guys as well, do you know if there's a mod that I downloaded which would cause that to happen? If you guys could help me out it would be very nice. Thanks! 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Maybe get a new Xbox controller?
  • TheHumanIsland likes this

NUCLEARBLAST91
  • NUCLEARBLAST91

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:44 AM

No I know for sure that's not the problem, I've only had the controller for three months and I haven't done anything crazy to it that would make it stop working, and it's only the X button that's had problems. It's not that the button doesn't work anymore, it does work for a little while and then it's like it deactivates.

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

No I know for sure that's not the problem, I've only had the controller for three months and I haven't done anything crazy to it that would make it stop working, and it's only the X button that's had problems. It's not that the button doesn't work anymore, it does work for a little while and then it's like it deactivates.

Do you use an Xbox 360 controller or an Xbox One controller?

NUCLEARBLAST91
  • NUCLEARBLAST91

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

Do you use an Xbox 360 controller or an Xbox One controller?

Xbox One

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

Pray 4 OpenIV

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

Have you tried other xinput compatibile games?

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Something similar happened to me back in the day, but it was with a PS2 controller. One day when I tried to use the controller, the X button completely stopped working. If this issue persists with other games, I would strongly recommend buying a new controller.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

Test in another game. Reproduce the problem in another game, controller is faulty. Can't reproduce, then GTA input scripts are borked.

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:54 AM Edited by Zeta87, 16 March 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Yeah, try it in other compatible games too... if it doesn't work there too... probably it's the controller's fault.

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

No matter what controller/headset/speakers/whatever, if I get a problem I try updating the drivers first. If that's not an option or doesn't work, then it's most likely what I'm using.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:40 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 17 March 2017 - 06:42 AM.

I wonder if op ever fixed it. I wonder if maybe he reproduced in another game and found the issue was the cheap xbone harware... The world may never know. Tootsie pop, and such.

And you wonder why we wait to release on PC. PC players are notorious to never follow up - hurting my feelings, all the time.

Honestly, we wait to release on PC because PC is stronger and we have more time to make it work good there vs consoles, but still. The world may never know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users