Is GTA SA worth getting on IOS/Android?

17 replies to this topic
Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:01 AM

I was thinking about getting it for the phone since I currently don't own any consoles or a PC. Are all the features from the console and PC version still on the mobile version as well? Is anything different or new about it? Is it possible to mod the mobile version?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:29 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 16 February 2017 - 02:21 AM.

modding is possible but controls (as many experts say) are bad and it may never spawn ambulance/fire truck when causing an accident! ALSO people have reported mysterious lag on various phones plus everything in there looks shiny/oiled like every single character was in spraytan musclemen contest! Best would be getting ps2 version (V2 is best on that) and perfect middle way would be getting cheap laptop and pc version!

• Steezy. likes this

VOIDACID2000
  • VOIDACID2000

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:09 AM Edited by VOIDACID2000, 18 February 2017 - 06:06 PM.

Yes it's the best mobile game there is. All the features are there except the cinematic camera and free spawning ambulances and firetrucks. It's not a compressed or watered down port or anything. The graphics are also a lot better.
  • vnus_dmlo and Steezy. like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

yeah... its THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

• Steezy. likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

greatest is the pc platform if modding is concerned

• Official General and Steezy. like this

Talon Logistics
  • Talon Logistics

Frank Bator III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

I have the game for my iPad mini. I have also played an Android version of the game. Controls aren't hard to get used to, just what you'd expect on a touch screen device.

Graphics look good, there are no ambulances or fire trucks that spawn when something blows up or someone dies.

Settings on Android are more customizable than iOS, but if you have a device like an iPad the bigger screen makes a good difference.

The biggest deal for me personally is that it is missing a lot of music due to expired licenses.

Ontop of my distaste for missing music, cheats do not work for any mobile GTA versions, despite myths of attaching USB keyboards or anything. Android supports mods so far as I know to bring cheats back.

Good luck on your decision. I personally recently bought a used ps2, an HD component cable for it, and the original GTA releases to play them as they were originally meant/released :)
  • Steezy. likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:48 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 21 February 2017 - 01:49 PM.

Controls aren't hard to get used to, just what you'd expect on a touch screen device.

There are no ambulances or fire trucks that spawn when something blows up or someone dies.

The biggest deal for me personally is that it is missing a lot of music due to expired licenses.

...cheats do not work for any mobile GTA versions

these are the reasons I HATE mobile versions WITH PASSION!

i'd add on mobile screen controls are the worst ever to play any 3d game!

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and Steezy. like this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

If San Andreas has an AFK Auto-COMBAT auto-mission gameplay, easy then yes.
Pocket edition for SAMP Rockstar style.
  • Steezy. likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Members
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 weeks ago

San Andreas mobile version is possible these days, thanks to the hard work all the modders have been putting around. As for getting the game on Mobile, I'd not strongly recommend this as the controls are difficult to get adjusted to. I had a hard time with some Missions, especially the Flying and RC Missions. There's only so much you can do with on-screen controls. And when it comes to the above stuff, it's terrible. Unless you've played the game on a PC/Console before, I'd not recommend getting it on a Mobile.
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan, Natasha and Steezy. like this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 2 weeks ago.

however there is possibility to use actual generic usb gamepad which you use on pc version usually.

via female normal sized usb to male type of micro usb converter, also you can try connecting ps4 controller via bluetooth or failsafe  way try both ps3 and ps4 ones with the usb converter!

• Steezy. likes this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

San Andreas mobile version is possible these days, thanks to the hard work all the modders have been putting around. As for getting the game on Mobile, I'd not strongly recommend this as the controls are difficult to get adjusted to. I had a hard time with some Missions, especially the Flying and RC Missions. There's only so much you can do with on-screen controls. And when it comes to the above stuff, it's terrible. Unless you've played the game on a PC/Console before, I'd not recommend getting it on a Mobile.

MOBile meaning the Pocket edition consoles like PSP that's terrible for touch screen gamers.
  • Steezy. likes this

Doctor Dollars
  • Doctor Dollars

Wiseguy Despiser

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I bought it because I thought it would be funner to gamble on that game than with another gambling app and it really is. I would recommend playing it on console or PC if you never played it before.

• Steezy. likes this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Console or Android are better , PC gameplay is the worst ever for SA.
  • Steezy. likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I didn't like the control scheme and graphics, but yeah it's worth it on Mobile.
  • Steezy. likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Definitely. The only games I have on my iPhone are 3d GTAs. Definitely get them, only ten quid, but hours of endless fun. Even if you only want to fool around while on a bus and not do missions.

• Steezy. likes this

_Moe
  • _Moe

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If it's not on PC it's not worth it. I have it on my iphone and the controls are a minus.

• Steezy. likes this

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I highly recommend getting San Andreas on a console or PC first. But if you have to get it on a mobile device, then the game can still be enjoyable.

• Steezy. likes this

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Pocket/MOBile controls like console.
I'd still like the Auto-Combat Missions AFK gameplay on my bucket list.
  • Steezy. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users