Photo

Which lappy I should buy?

33 replies to this topic
Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜ʖ͡)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:41 PM Edited by Crystal3lf, 01 March 2017 - 12:53 PM.

Again, I myself have never had a problem with G2A. 

Again, out of 20-30 games over the last couple of years, I've never had one revoked or disabled or got the wrong key or couldn't enter it.

Oh, I guess it's alright then. You never had a key revoked, so f*ck the literal hundreds of thousands of users who have had games removed from them in the past thanks to G2A. But as long as you are alright, then G2A can continue their bullsh*t.

When you get your game, just think about the person who's game you just stole from. The 10 year old kid that just saved up to buy his favourite game, only to be met with "Invalid Key". Think about the developer who spent their time making the game, only to get absolutely nothing from it, and all the money gets sent to the scammer who stole the key. But I'm glad you're happy.

I don't care what people post on the internet because (especially at reddit) for all I know, they are just competitors or people who are paid to attack competitors (again, especially on reddit).

Yeah f*ck the indie developers that have spent thousands of hours creating their game and want to make money from their hard work. They are just competitors, meanwhile; G2A is profiteering off illegally stolen keys, can chargeback developers on those stolen keys, and f*ck the people whos keys are stolen.

Where else should customers and developers post about G2A experiences, other than the largest forum on the entire internet?

People scam on eBay and Amazon, selling counterfeit stuff - and just like those places, G2A cleans it up when it happens. IF you buy G2A Shield, you have a guarantee.

eBay and Amazon do not directly promote scams, and illegal practices. You are not protected with G2A Shield if your key gets revoked. If your stolen key is removed from you, G2A will not refund you.

Otherwise, terms clearly explain that it's at your own risk

I love this. Take a second to think why they have a disclaimer to use the site "at your own risk". Kind of f*cked up, huh?

You do not tell me to stop when you are the one who started! Not cool. You tell people not to buy from a site that I mentioned when the guy was asking where he can find a good price - well, the best price happens to be on G2A. You are not the boss of me, and you're not as smart as you think you are, because of the other stuff you said about AV and such.

Notice your post with the G2A link has been removed. Have a guess why it was.

And you are completely outdated on your facts. G2A pays royalties to devs now, too.

https://www.engadget...ents-game-keys/

https://www.pcgamesn...ng-up-their-act

They are working on it like any other good upstanding company would. I guess you don't know that though? Well, now you do.

Did you even read your own sources? G2A are still selling stolen keys, whether they pay the developer royalties or not. Do you realise the minimum a developer would normally get for their own game is 70%. Not 10%.

Someone is still getting their keys stolen, G2A is still profiteering from the stolen/scammed keys, and developers are still getting ripped off. It is killing the independent market.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:08 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 02 March 2017 - 09:13 AM.

"the literal Hundreds of thousands"

I don't believe that number. Nowhere near that many have been revoked. Not possible unless it was by some developer who didn't like being undercut after someone bought low on steam sale many copies and sold high after the sale (the REAL reason most of them are butthurt).

As far as I understand it, all of G2A's own sold keys are legit. It is the other sellers one must be careful about, just like buying from Amazon - you are covered no matter what with "sold by amazon", but other sellers can be cheaper, with the risk of being wishy washy just like anywhere else that allows third party sellers.

"Notice your post link was removed... guess why"

Umm, because you cried about it on the report button and whoever removed it probably just doesn't know the current affairs and is stuck in the so-called shady (not as shady as you make it out to be - lots of legit stores sell keys on there, just google the names of the sellers) past like you seem to be...

70% is the absolute maxium a developer gets, you are recycling things said in the past and getting it wrong. The highest cream of the crop on Steam gets about 60 to 70%. Everyone else gets less, and at retail/boxed games you can expect up to 30%.

You really don't know as much as you think you do. Be humbled in that, it's a good quality to recognize when there are things we don't know.

And I will tell you this: Games are extremely overpriced ever since the beginning and even nintendo carts were 60 bucks a pop, and as a consumer, I will buy them at the cheapest price available, and I don't care about anything else. It just happens to be that lots of those are cheaper.

Most games sold on G2A are people's own steam accounts gifting them or selling them from their inventory. Or selling keys to games they don't want or got cheap in bargains or bought wholesale and so on.

It's not perfect, I admit, but it's not as bad as you say, and I am happy about all the games I saved crazy amounts on.

"hundreds of thousands" lol.

I respect your passion, but you don't need to stand there and act like you're the hired hand of anti-g2a propaganda. You have your opinion, I have mine, let's move on. I hope G2A continues to improve and helps fix the gray markets, I'd rather see them succeed in making things better, than to see them go away and let all the other gray - worse places - be worse for people.

Only reason people even cover and hate G2A is because it's seeking to cut into a pie that would make things cheaper for consumers ending the steam stranglehold on PC gaming.

I do respect you and your contribution, though, and it was a good discussion. I just know that there are a lot worse out there than G2A, and G2A has improved. 

If G2A is truly bad in any way, to me, it would be the cost of g2a shield as well as the credit card fees. It should be added to the price automatically before I purchase, not added during the transaction.

HOWEVER, and I want you to know: REDDIT is a lie. "The biggest forum on earth" is the exact reason that place is sh*t. Okay? It is overrun and the most popular subs are suppression based and liar ridden. That "forum" is really just a "lie" getting to suppress truth in every place it tries to stand. That is NOT a forum - it is a place where approved content is allowed, and unapproved content is hidden. Know that.

You can have your opinion on G2A, I appreciate if you allow me mine! BUT KNOW in your HEART and SOUL that REDDIT is a LIE. IT IS A LIE. IT IS A CONTROLLED PLACE WHERE THE FRONT PAGE PLACES ARE willingly AND purposefully suppressing truth, it is happening - it is overrun and overtaken by companies who pay very many good-english-speaking people to attack the truth. It is true. Understand just that much.

f*ck G2A, no matter how much I save with them, no matter what I think, people deserve to hear your side too, I respect that, but reddit, the "biggest forum in the world" IS compromised by liars and bad form moderation that makes it okay to ban one thought that is right in favor of thoughts that are very wrong - and when you prove them wrong, they ban you. They don't just ban you, they ban anyone who agrees with you. They don't just ban them, they ban anyone who isn't a "democrat" - something that doesn't even exist anymore. Trust me, believe this sh*t - reddit is a LIE.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

@theHumanIsland: just stop. no respectable gamer,  can support a site like that. period

it doesnt matter if in the future they can make things right or not, the stain is there, the trust is lost.

As a business it has no future, there is no comeback from that scandal. the fact that they didnt do it already just proves that they just dont want to.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:17 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 04 March 2017 - 06:20 AM.

So in so few words, you try to say I am not respectable?

I am a respectable gamer, I respect myself, I am respected by a lot (1000s) of people and I respect a lot of people who also use G2A.

No comeback? Please. They have a larger base of users than ever. More sellers and more games than ever before.

I respect my wallet, that's what matters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users