» «
Photo

Cowboys and ALIENS

11 replies to this topic
shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:39 PM Edited by shadyslady, 14 February 2017 - 02:40 PM.

First off, this is no troll thread.
Secondly, I recently seen that movie cowboys and aliens and thinking about GTA V and the major changes from IV to V. For example:
Aliens! They appear. Often.
We got cutscenes. Ufos. Side missions. Easter eggs.

And Rockstar wouldn't just copy red dead redemption 1.
Another bold new direction?
You think we will see aliens in rdr 2?
  • jackemannen and Neon_Dreaming like this

jackemannen
  • jackemannen

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

yes

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

It really depends...

We had zombies a million times before, but Undead Nightmare worked because it was a good story in a seperate DLC. So I wouldn't mind aliens if it was the same set-up.

However, if Rockstar are going to take it the route of GTA Online, where SP gets nothing on top of the story and all "DLC" is added to multiplayer for people to share, then no thank you.

• saintsrow, anthony, ~Tiger~ and 4 others like this

SOMEfnGUY
  • SOMEfnGUY

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

Nah, I'd rather have some more gunslinging/outlaw stories to tell instead of a battle with aliens in the old west with revolvers and repeaters. Shooting zombies was fun on Undead Nightmare with those types of weapons. I mean, it's a fun concept with aliens but it's just not something I'd play.

Cool idea though!

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:54 AM

I'd be surprised if they didn't add at least one or two alien related Easter eggs but probly nothing significant. 

Maybe a stranger mission that has you hunting down a space man that's scaring the locals only for you to discover it's some scientist working on a deep sea diving suit. Because those Stranger missions were always anticlimactic as hell, no need to change that.

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Cave Canem

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:44 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 16 February 2017 - 03:17 PM.

It's 100% not going to be featured as a plot in the story I can promise you that, this ain't Saints Row.

Red Dead Redemption liked to handle this kinda stuff with subtlety and they would only feature common myths from around that period, like how Tumbleweed was rumoured to be haunted but you would never actually see ghost sightings.

The Aliens fit in GTAV because the game takes place in a parody of the California state where it's common in the culture and beliefs of certain communities.

Again R* doesn't do stuff like this overtly. It's more likely we'll come across a strange skeleton or mysterious lights moving across the sky, will it feature in the main story, no. In a Strangers & Freaks/ side mission? more likely.

• The Deadite, JuniorChubb and Natasha like this

P0T5
  • P0T5

Aprilia RS4 125

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

Sounds like a great DLC ! 

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x2gvg9u

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

It's 100% not going to be featured as a plot in the story I can promise you that, this ain't Saints Row.

Red Dead Redemption liked to handle this kinda stuff with subtlety and they would only feature common myths from around that period, like how Tumbleweed was rumoured to be haunted but you would never actually see ghost sightings.

The Aliens fit in GTAV because the game takes place in a parody of the California state where it's common in the culture and beliefs of certain communities.

Again R* doesn't do stuff like this overtly. It's more likely we'll a strange skeleton or mysterious lights moving across the sky, will it feature in the main story, no. In a Strangers & Freaks/ side mission? more likely.

i agree, i can see it as a side mission.

Sounds like a great DLC ! 

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x2gvg9u

the only dlc there should be is remake of RDR, unless RDR2 is not a prequel of the Marston story

UnknownDivision
  • UnknownDivision

Dont mess

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

I think it would be cool to see as a DLC, but if  they go that route I don't think it should be canon. It should be like Undead Nightmare where it doesn't have any correlation with the main story.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

As a dlc it could be a cool concept. I can't see it being a part of the main game though unless it's in the form of well hidden easter eggs. I always liked the crashed alien spaceship in Fallout NV with the three aliens outside who shoot at you, the first time I encountered that It was a surprise lol. However I think aliens featuring to this extent might be bit too on the nose, you could get away with it in Fallout but probably not in a westen.

What's interesting though is how much aliens are referenced in Rockstar's games.

In San Andreas there is the ufo cafe and Area 69.

In Bully there is the easter egg where the war
veteran is beamed up into the alien flying saucer.

Gta V actually has a flying saucer appear if you complete the necessary challenges, also they appear during Michael's rampage mission.

With form like this it's possible that aliens could feature in RDR 2.
  • Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

As a DLC then maybe, I never bother with any DLC though and likewise I wouldn't bother with this. RDR for me is a realistic take on the old west. Alien's and such doesn't convey that for me at least.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

I bet we get some kind of Tribal art and/or Cave paintings that crudely tell a tale of visitors from space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users