12 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Hi guys. 

I know I've done this once a couple of years ago, but the situation was way different back then. I'm writing this now because the time has come for me to close the door on this amazing journey I've had throughout the years. This is not a joke, a witty statement or anything similar, not this time. I've been thinking about this for weeks now, so everyone should know this wasn't some sudden decision. What gave me the biggest sign it's over was the fact that recently, I bought a new computer which happens to run Windows 10 and if some of you don't know, Windows 10 and GTA SA aren't fond of each other. I've tried, but DYOM is simply not even loading for me. So today, I'm officially retiring from my DYOM career after amazing 6 and a half years, definitively. 

Being a part of this community has been and always will be something I'll cherish forever, there's no doubt about that. I said it years ago and I'll repeat it now, I consider the DYOM community to be my second family, that hasn't changed over the years. I've met a lot of people here and I'm happy that I did, each and every one of you guys, you are awesome.

I want to thank all of you who have supported me over the years, guys like Notna, SatournFan, Secronom President, AnDReJ and all others, you guys are the reason why I've been returning all these years. Lukas and AznKei who have been recording walkthroughs of a lot of my mission packs over the years, I have nothing but respect for both of you as well as the rest of the DYOM community. Dutchy and Patrick, creators of DYOM who made it possible, thank you very much for making the best GTA SA mod if you ask me.

6 and a half years have passed, I made 19 mission packs out of which 2 were multi-designers projects which I'm very proud of. When I look back, there's simply nothing else I want to prove. I thought the same thing a couple of years ago, but I was mistaken then. Now, I'm not. I can really say I've done everything I really wanted to do with DYOM. I made mission packs to unleash fun and make sure people who decide to play them have as much fun as I have had while making them. I want you guys to know that I poured my soul into every mission I made because I wanted to make sure that anyone who decides to play my missions doesn't feel like they've wasted their time. I think I've done a good job with that year after year and that's something I'm very proud of aswell. However, nothing lasts forever. 

To close this out, I can say that I'm leaving DYOM in good hands as many great designers have emerged over the last few years, THBP and Heisenberg to name a couple. They will be carrying the torch in the future. As for me, I will be around from time to time. :)

Stay cool, guys. Respect.

Jimmy out.
  • LnDPro, SatournFan, GalacticXp1 and 10 others like this

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

SatournFan

ayy

take care Jimbo, you had a good run

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I respect your choice, Jimmy. Good luck with the future.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Wish you all the best.  :^:

Also, like i said before, after i finish Rendy's mp, TIS is next. Looking forward to record it.

MiranK
  • MiranK

Mission designer and San Fierro lover

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Very sad to see this...good luck in your life man and make things happen

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

It's been a good ride, thank for your dedication and passion for storytelling. Good luck in everything.

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Senior DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:59 AM

Your leaving DYOM but your amazing work will always be here, later jimmy.

• Jimmy_Leppard and DroidX like this

/\rdooZ
  • /\rdooZ

Proud Member of the Order of The Phoenix

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Thank you for everything! Take care

Springfield
  • Springfield

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Goodluck friend. We all respect your choice. You was one of the old and greatest designer in this community. It's really sad, to hear that you're leaving this. My wishes and expectations are always with you. I'll really miss you, man!  :^: :cry: 

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Thank you for your dedication and effort throughout the past years. You are truly an inspiration to many us and I wish you the very best.

• Jimmy_Leppard and Bender like this

Alex Magana
  • Alex Magana

DYOM Fanatic

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:23 PM Edited by Alex Magana, 20 February 2017 - 11:23 PM.

Take caare mate :D respect and i am glad i've met you! :) i hope the best for your future!

DroidX
  • DroidX

The Droid King

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

Gta San andreas works with windows 10.

Most people have left since there isn't anything new to show. I actually thought DYOM was gonna be dead starting 2015, but has been holding up

I've been around since the beginning like you jimmy. but didnt make as much missions

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

So sad to see you go with such a BS excuse :(. I have Windows 10 on both of my computers and both run GTA SA flawlessly. But yeah, DYOM sadly is no longer worth wasting time on. Even Dutchy and PatrickW seem to think that way, so...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users