Making Episodes to launch as DLCs in IV

62 replies to this topic
praxena
  • praxena

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

Pls i am using patch 8 main game and patch 2 eflc. Done everything according to the guide but still getting invalid resource error. It was fine before i tried this guide,  pls help me launch the game again.

praxena
  • praxena

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by praxena, 2 weeks ago.

A proper way to load the episodes as DLCs in IV for Patch 7/8, as if you downloaded them via GFWL:

• Since I don't think sharing full DLCs here would be very legal, at least I will provide only the files that are different from standalone EFLC ones or exclusive to DLCs, so EFLC with Patch 2/3 installed is needed as well. Download the files; do the following steps while the archive is downloading.
  • Make "DLC" folder in your IV's directory.
  • Make a folder for TLAD in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  • Make a folder for TBoGT in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  • Copy TLAD contents from EFLC\TLAD to IV\DLC\*TLAD folder*\content and TBoGT contents from EFLC\TBoGT to IV\DLC\*TBoGT folder*\content
  • Open downloaded archive and extract "TLAD" folder contents to DLC\*TLAD folder* and "TBoGT" folder contents to DLC\*TBoGT folder*
    TLAD example of resulting file hierarchy:
    Spoiler
  • Install both "GTA IV tool" and xliveless (keep in mind, it's different from the listener's version).
If you're on Win 10 and have some issues, try setting Win 7 compatibility for GTAIV.exe
Optionally, you can use just one of the DLCs, this shouldn't damage the game.

•  

Pls i am using patch 8 main game and patch 2 eflc. Done everything according to the guide but still getting invalid resource error. It was fine before i tried this guide,  pls help me launch the game again.

•  

praxena
  • praxena

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I have managed to pinpoint my problem to the xlive.dll that i downloaded from the given link. When I use the normal one, the game works (without dlc ofcourse), but when I use this one,....well.... Invalid resource detected error.

Is there no one to help?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users