Making Episodes to launch as DLCs in IV

46 replies to this topic
unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

IDK if someone ask this before, but could this method make EFLC vehicle soundbank to be available for use vanilla IV?
  • Jeansowaty and MrBellicLC like this

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:37 AM Edited by Tomasino, 13 June 2017 - 06:39 AM.

I think the only thing that spreads over IV and DLCs by this very method (like playing with actual GFWL DLC episodes) is radio, also ability to easily switch between the games, when already loaded, via saves/starting a new game.
  • MrBellicLC likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

Now that this is possible we need a way for all three games to share all content across each other.

Shiieet, EFLC refused to start so I deleted it. Had an internet downgrade and this thread happened.

• MrBellicLC and C1aude_III like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

I've been wondering, are the unique radio stations from EFLC present in vanilla IV using this method? I'm talking about RamJam FM, Vice City FM and Self-Actualization FM - I have IV and its DLCs from GFWL so I don't really need to do that but I do have EFLC as well, and those radios are exclusive to EFLC so I wonder if they get imported to IV as well as the new songs from the existing ones.

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

I've been wondering, are the unique radio stations from EFLC present in vanilla IV using this method? I'm talking about RamJam FM, Vice City FM and Self-Actualization FM - I have IV and its DLCs from GFWL so I don't really need to do that but I do have EFLC as well, and those radios are exclusive to EFLC so I wonder if they get imported to IV as well as the new songs from the existing ones.

Nope.

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

The existing stations are updated to include the music featured in IV and the episodes, but the exclusive stations are not included, take this method as you're actually playing the DLC versions of the episodes via GFWL, period.

francisisgay
  • francisisgay

stop looking at my profile

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

The existing stations are updated to include the music featured in IV and the episodes, but the exclusive stations are not included, take this method as you're actually playing the DLC versions of the episodes via GFWL, period.

So is there a way to add them back or it's just "Disc" only for the exclusive content. It seems like you can edit it to include the stations too if the files change it from "DLC only radio stations+ 3 new ones" to "All stations updated but no exclusive stations"

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:20 AM Edited by Tomasino, 14 June 2017 - 07:22 AM.

There's no way to add the exclusive stations back, at least for now, play standalone EFLC if you really want them.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:03 PM Edited by Gummy , 14 June 2017 - 04:24 PM.

So the new stations won't appear even if you play the episodes right? I guess the rest is up to modding then.

YAHYA_CRASH_TIME68
  • YAHYA_CRASH_TIME68

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

I'me having some kind of isues with the instalation.

I did everything as told, launched gta 4, arrived at the menu and got the following message "Game activation key unavailable". I'm able to play gta 4 but eflc's are unlaunchable. 

Please help

Ub-Oh
  • Ub-Oh

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

I'me having some kind of isues with the instalation.

I did everything as told, launched gta 4, arrived at the menu and got the following message "Game activation key unavailable". I'm able to play gta 4 but eflc's are unlaunchable. 

Please help

I had the same problem. I renamed HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV to GTAIV. It solved activation problem but the episode selection menu was gone. Then I applied Windows 7 compatibility ONLY for GTAIV.exe because applying it to LaunchGTAIV.exe didn't let me launch the game from Steam.

ComedyInK
  • ComedyInK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:18 PM Edited by ComedyInK, 30 June 2017 - 12:00 AM.

to the people having issues, it could stem from how the install guide was written, i had the issues not being able to get the expansions to work as DLC, but after rereading I realized I was placing my DLC files incorrectly:

1. Make a "DLC" folder in your GTA4 root folder, in the "DLC" folder make a folder with the name "TLAD" and then inside that folder, make another folder named "content". Folder structure should look: "Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\DLC\TLAD\content."
  2. Copy the TLAD folder from EFLC/TL&D to the content folder.
  3. In the downloaded archive provided in the OP, merge the files from the "content" folder in the archive to the "content" folder your created in "Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\DLC\TLAD\content."
  4. Copy the 3 files (content.cat, content.xbx, .png image) from the archive to "Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\DLC\TLAD\"
  5. Copy the files from the archives ("GTA IV tool" and "xliveless") to your "Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV" folder.

Green = GTA4 folder

Red = ELFC folder

Purple = Downloaded archive "DLC_files"

This is how your folder structure should look like https://imgur.com/a/tosZT

Edit: I also installed the regedit provided in this post

• MrBellicLC likes this

C1aude_III
  • C1aude_III

Add Everything.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by C1aude_III, 2 weeks ago.

I was working on a way to share content like eflc weapons vehicles however I succeeded on adding weapons so all 3 games have same weapons now I need to add vehicles and then peds and maybe other extra content.

Edit: Now I succeeded on adding vehicles, also I made eflc radio work for original IV.

• MrBellicLC likes this

C1aude_III
  • C1aude_III

Add Everything.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 3 weeks ago

BTW Tomasino thanks for the tutorial even tho I will never play gta iv neither tlad but it's fun to have these 3 games together I will play 3 games mostly Original iv when I am done with the Mixed Content Mod I am making so I don't feel any difference playing each game they are all the same :D

MrBellicLC
  • MrBellicLC

same things make us laugh make us cry

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was working on a way to share content like eflc weapons vehicles however I succeeded on adding weapons so all 3 games have same weapons now I need to add vehicles and then peds and maybe other extra content.

Cool how did you do it?

• C1aude_III likes this

C1aude_III
  • C1aude_III

Add Everything.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by C1aude_III, A week ago.

After a bit of editing I was able to make Grand Theft Auto IV use eflc radio which means VCFM,Ram And Jam and Self Actualization but I have some issues so. I AM A GENIUS.

Cool how did you do it?

You know a bit of modifying game files I was able to get them but it is missing sounds I will fix that hopefully I can edit some game scripts to be able to buy those guns from jacob's gun van or from ammunation everything is Possible.

I will soon upload it so you and other's can feel my enjoyment. :D

Btw it is only working for gta iv 1.0.8.0

Finally I now fixed the sounds of the vehicles from tlad and also sounds working with some weapons from tlad incase your wonderING I tested all that in tbogt so sweeper shotgun from tlad is fully working with sounds in addition to pipe bomb also has working sounds.
  • MrBellicLC likes this

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually managed to do it. Great Tutorial.

Now if I only got a much better PC to play GTA 4 and 5 in the first place. :(

After a bit of editing I was able to make Grand Theft Auto IV use eflc radio which means VCFM,Ram And Jam and Self Actualization but I have some issues so. I AM A GENIUS.

Cool how did you do it?

You know a bit of modifying game files I was able to get them but it is missing sounds I will fix that hopefully I can edit some game scripts to be able to buy those guns from jacob's gun van or from ammunation everything is Possible.

I will soon upload it so you and other's can feel my enjoyment. :D

Btw it is only working for gta iv 1.0.8.0
Yes please!
  • MrBellicLC and C1aude_III like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users