What up? Are you ready for the best Audio ASI Ever? Are you sick of TC mods and conversion mods badly messing and converting the audio wrong? Well guess what, we've got a great mod for you! VBDec, the first actual ASI plug-in for Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City! What does it do? Well this plucky little plug-in enables playback of the PlayStation 2 .VB audio format on these games, NOT CONVERTED, NATIVE, untouched audio, so now you can finally get the full quality of these files without doing the conversions all by yourself or hoping that someone else hasn't messed things up and badly converted to MP3 or something. How about an added bonus? Well now the "MP3 Player" slot can also playback these files! Finally you can use stream audio from the PlayStation 2 versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories exactly how Rockstar intended, with no quality loss!
"I use it on every installation so I can fight with the best sound" -Ash
VBDec, by Silent and Sergeanur (...and Ash_735, WHAT UP!?)
So, how do you use it?
- Download VBDec from HERE
- Download Audio Samples from HERE
- Extract the following:
- vbdec.asi to "mss" folder
- audio-samples.asi to root directory of game
- audio-samples.ini to "audio" folder (pick the correct one from "III" or "VC" directories in the downloaded package!)
- Set up what files you want to replace with VB's inside the audio-samples.ini file, for example:
- AUDIO\HEAD.WAV will be changed to AUDIO\HEAD.VB
- AUDIO\WILD.ADF will be changed to AUDIO\WILD.VB
- Save the audio-samples.ini file, and THAT'S IT, your game will now playback the VB files in place of the originals
[VB] sample_rate=16000 stereo=1 ; 1 - Stereo, 0 - MonoPS: A side effect of this plug-in allows Grand Theft Auto III to use the ADF files from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.