Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

i know it's offtopic but

GTA V on PC wasn't a remaster, it was the original version, but later it was nerfed for X360/PS3 hardware. Or at least they were developed together.

The lifecycle of GTAV PC :

PC ► X360/PS3 ► XONE/PS4 ► PC imo hence why the existence of some very low resolution textures found in the CG/PC version of the game.

lifecycle of GTA5
Xbox360
PS3
PC->xbone+ps4

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Anyone managed to play yet? 

If so

Get your pics out ;)

I'm trying to dig out my EFLC copy. Urgh, got to find it.

Will make Annihilator and APC gifs and clips if I can.

• Mister Pink likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

46EEK572

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

I had my post removed but,answer me please how did those very low resolution textures get in CG/PC version ? other than they were missed to replace when remastering ?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

I had my post removed but,answer me please how did those very low resolution textures get in CG/PC version ? other than they were missed to replace when remastering ?

What textures? Examples are needed.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Games for Windows Live.

Xbox is p. cool tho.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Ah, dug out the disc - installing now.

My memory's fuzzy - are you able to find the APC online? I don't think I have my old save anymore - if I have to unlock it in SP, might be some time before I can get clips of that.

Looking forward to flying the old helis again though. Just please don't be full of modders exploding everything.

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

excommunicado

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Damn. I still have my complete edition from ps3

Oh well

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

My memory's fuzzy - are you able to find the APC online? I don't think I have my old save anymore - if I have to unlock it in SP, might be some time before I can get clips of that.

Yup. It's parked at the East Holland Police Station in Algonquin if I remember correctly.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

Yup. It's parked at the East Holland Police Station in Algonquin if I remember correctly.

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!*

• MangledCrow likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Computerwelt

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:41 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 13 February 2017 - 05:23 PM.

This is great news. Fair play to Rockstar and Microsoft making this happen. Lately I've been dying to go to Liberty City. I'm sure it's a big job making it happen so I'm glad they did. This is a good day for GTA fans and Xbox One owners.

Just really validated my Xbox One purchase. Really happy :D

EDIT: Installing now. I'm so glad I kept all my 360 games. Going to fire this up. Complete a few missions and drive around listening to the Journey. 
  • The N. Bellic Man, Kirsty, CartmanKusanagi and 2 others like this

Personal
  • Personal

The Human Flame Emoji

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:14 PM Edited by Personal, 09 February 2017 - 09:15 PM.

Damn, I've always said I was gonna get an XB1 if this ever happened. 

The timing couldn't be better as my birthday is up in a few weeks, too.

Wouldn't hurt to have both CG consoles either.

l1ejlxP.gif

• Mister Pink and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

I got one question though. Where's The Lost and Damned? I got both IV and TBoGT, but it seems like TLaD isn't available in the store. I obviously have it and it's still installed on my Xbox 360, but it seems like I cannot download it on Xbox One.

• SosaMann likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • Scotland
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

f*ck yes!
  • Mister Pink, Kirsty and ShenHAX like this

--V--
  • --V--

Born to lose, living to win

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:24 PM Edited by --V--, 09 February 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Just in time for GTASeriesVideos to crap out some walkthroughs. I think they just finished Bully.

There's no way I'm going back to it cause I remember the PC port being crap. And the control scheme being weird and last-gen compared to Max Payne 3 and GTA V.

Danstrzy
  • Danstrzy

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

Been playing a few missions...runs great! fnJWj7J.png

• Mister Pink, Tomasak, Kirsty and 4 others like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

I got one question though. Where's The Lost and Damned? I got both IV and TBoGT, but it seems like TLaD isn't available in the store. I obviously have it and it's still installed on my Xbox 360, but it seems like I cannot download it on Xbox One.

Are you buying them or using 360 discs? It says on the Newswire that if you had them digitally on the 360 then it should automatically show in your library as "ready to install". 

Sorry, can't check for you myself as don't have the One! Maybe someone else can have a look.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

installing now.

And ... Still installing. Only half done lol

zoso80
  • zoso80

Retired from GTA:O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:44 PM Edited by zoso80, 09 February 2017 - 10:56 PM.

Translation: it's another port over. Whoopee.

I really hate Microsoft selling this as  "backwards compatibility" when it's nothing of the sort. It's a title by title port that's triggered and you download once you put your disc in. It does not play off your disc. Backwards compatibility plays off your disc and supports the game that's on disc. 

How anyone gives M$ a pass on this is beyond my comprehension. It's marketing speak that dumbs down gaming. These are the type of things that made me leave XBOX. Microsoft treating consumers like idiots and selling something that isn't really what you think it is. 

Wonder how much cash Phil and the Legoland at Redmond pushed to R* on this one. You know R* wouldn't do it on their own. No economic incentive.

It's too bad because their Port overs were a creative way to get last gen games on the XBone. It's just the way they market it is typical Microsoft "we can call it whatever we want" for the best marketing appeal when it's a lie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I was looking forward to this ever since Microsoft announced backwards compatibility. #HappAsAMuthaF****

• Street Mix likes this

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

PC Gamers be like:
"That's cute"
C4Pe9_lXUAA_q-E.jpg
Meanwhile on PS4
1485065124388.jpg

Watched the stream by GTASeriesVideos and it looks almost the same as the PC version, but (I assume) it can be played in 1080p/60fps cause Xbone > x360.

And Backwards compatibility is a good thing if you want to re-experience old titles and not just let them die whenever a "new gen" emerges.
  • Street Mix, Tomasak, LevelDockSix and 4 others like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

I can't join freemode on the Ballad of Gay Tony. Worked fine for the original GTA 4.

Danstrzy
  • Danstrzy

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:57 PM Edited by Danstrzy, 09 February 2017 - 11:12 PM.

PC Gamers be like:
"That's cute"
C4Pe9_lXUAA_q-E.jpg
Meanwhile on PS4
1485065124388.jpg

Watched the stream by GTASeriesVideos and it looks almost the same as the PC version, but (I assume) it can be played in 1080p/60fps cause Xbone > x360.

And Backwards compatibility is a good thing if you want to re-experience old titles and not just let them die whenever a "new gen" emerges.

Runs exactly the same as the 360 version, capped at 30fps. 'edit' i take that back, looks like it actually runs at 60fps, atleast tbogt

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:00 PM Edited by Gravarty, 09 February 2017 - 11:02 PM.

Holy sh*t! This does actually look pretty good! A shame that i have a PS4. I'm pretty sure that they release it for PS Now, but like i said, it's not available here and the streaming compression will be absolutely horrible. 

Please R*, do a proper conversion for the PS4 version :(

Mastah
  • Mastah

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

There were problems with TLaD being region locked at the time of its release. When have you bought it? With Polish or English Xbox Live account?

Just in time for GTASeriesVideos to crap out some walkthroughs. I think they just finished Bully.

They've never uploaded walkthroughs of BC games, the only exception being RDR because:

If you are wondering why we're uploading a new Red Dead Redemption walkthrough, it's mainly because we never had the opportunity to make a playthrough with cutscenes. In 2010 Take-Two asked us to not show any cutscene from the game when the title was released - and that's why we uploaded a Gold Medal walkthrough without cutscenes. Considering the game is now coming as part of the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility program, we thought that this was the best time for us to make a new walkthrough.

Translation: it's another port over. Whoopee.

I really hate Microsoft selling this as  "backwards compatibility" when it's nothing of the sort. It's a title by title port that's triggered and you download once you put your disc in. It does not play off your disc. Backwards compatibility plays off your disc and supports the game that's on disc.

How anyone gives M$ a pass on this is beyond my comprehension. It's marketing speak that dumbs down gaming. These are the type of things that made me leave XBOX. Microsoft treating consumers like idiots and selling something that isn't really what you think it is.

Wonder how much cash Phil and the Legoland at Redmond pushed to R* on this one. You know R* wouldn't do it on their own. No economic incentive.

It's too bad because their Port overs were a creative way to get last gen games on the XBone. It's just the way they market it is typical Microsoft "we can call it whatever we want" for the best marketing appeal when it's a lie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Q4uyaUz.gif

• Pastry, Personal and --V-- like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

*Sighs*

Very first online game I got into, a modder spawned into the back of my car.

• MitchMaljers likes this

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Too bad you can't install mods or a reshade on xbox:
%25D0%25B3%25D0%25B8%25D1%2584%25D0%25BA
Xb1 could be pretty powerful to support this
Spoiler
  • Street Mix, _MK_, MitchMaljers and 6 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

It's amazing how well original-unmodded GTA4 looks even after 9 years. Certainly a game that's ageing graciously.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:31 AM

Go to the game in your "My Games & Apps page" Go to GTA IV, press the start button. "Manage Game" and look in the ready to install in there. You should have it. 

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

I got IV & TLaD, but I can't find TBoGT lol. Wanna trade? ;)

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

I'm assumign that when you're in multiplayer, you can be playing with people on 360?

Because I had some guy just appear in my car, start making my car veer off course, etc. Xbox One's not cracked, as far as I know.

That's the only real drawback. Wish there was some way around it - it's good fun in helicopters that aren't made of paper.

• bulldog385 likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:08 AM Edited by IceDree, 10 February 2017 - 06:10 AM.

Spoiler
Call it whatever you want...

Most people care about two things:

A) Can they play it on their Xbox one?

B) Do they have to pay for it again?

The technical terms & the process doesn't matter to them.

The answers are:

A) Yes.

B) No, you own it (Disc or Digital download), you won't pay for the port or whatever.

The rest is history.
  • Personal likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users