Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA character would make an amazing Protagonist?

46 replies to this topic
DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:13 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 09 February 2017 - 05:41 PM.

Through the GTA franchise, we had tons of Protagonist crossovers even before some of them were protagonists, the most iconics being Toni Cipriani giving missions to Claude in GTA III, Vic Vance appearing in GTA Vice City (4 years before their games' release) and Luís and Johnny appearing on GTA IV (2 years before EFLC).

If Rockstar went back and made a game based on an already existing character, which one could make an amazing story, and why?

My pick would be Dwayne Forge from GTA IV. He claims that he used to run a drug empire on the city, especially Bohan. I think it would be interesting a game set in late 90s showing how he managed to make (or take) his empire, how he met Playboy X, how he got arrested, their (or Playboy's) relation with Elizabeta, etc.

• Mister Pink, Testarossa, Payne Killer and 4 others like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

Cesar, he would've been perfect as the protagonist of San Andreas Stories.
  • LincolnClay, Oldsport and VictorVince1239 like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Gutted

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

I think Lamar Davis would be a decent choice for GTA V. Showing the seedier side of Los Santos, since we only gain a glimpse of it in the main game.

• Fubbick, Pink Pineapple, Yinepi and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

Roman Bellic! I consider him to be the "real" protagonist of GTA IV, and not Niko. Rockstar had such a great opportunity to make GTA IV stand out from the rest by focusing more on Roman. For me, Roman is brilliant as a character, much more easy to relate to, the way he talks to Niko, and repeatedly calls him out on his immaturity and pessimist approach towards life despite all the troubles he faced because of Niko.Roman feels a lot more believable as a character and closer to reality. He is the best thing about IV, and wished the story revolved around him.

inb4: someone posts about Ryder.

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

I can't imagine Roman with a gun, much less shooting one. 😂😂😂

Cesar, Rico (Vice City),8ball, Dwayne Forge, either Packie or Gerald Mcreary, Armando (tbogt),and Little Jacob are all worthy of being a potential protagonist for a "Stories" type GTA.
  • Payne Killer and TakeshiSantos like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

Lance Vance, Lamar Davis, and Ryder.

TedBundyPonyTail
  • TedBundyPonyTail

Nice Feet Girl.

• BUSTED!
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Roman Bellic! I consider him to be the "real" protagonist of GTA IV, and not Niko. Rockstar had such a great opportunity to make GTA IV stand out from the rest by focusing more on Roman. For me, Roman is brilliant as a character, much more easy to relate to, the way he talks to Niko, and repeatedly calls him out on his immaturity and pessimist approach towards life despite all the troubles he faced because of Niko.Roman feels a lot more believable as a character and closer to reality. He is the best thing about IV, and wished the story revolved around him.

Yes, because Roman would have made a very convincing contract killer. (sarcasm) also, how was he more believable & closer to reality? in what sense? some people are optimists & some people are pessimists. I don't know what you mean, surely you don't mean he's more believable as a criminal? I love Roman but he's not protag material, he's too much of a nice guy IMO.

OT

I always liked Gerry, a hardened veteran criminal with street smarts he always had an edge about him.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Karen Daniels.
  • DOUGL4S1 likes this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:48 PM

III: 8-Ball

Vice City: Lance Vance and Big Mitch Baker

San Andreas: Ryder, Big Bear, Cesar

IV: Gordon Sargent, Packie McReary, Gerald McReary, Dwayne Forge, Elizabetha Torres

TLAD: Jason Michael, Jim Fitzgerald, Terry Thorpe, Clay Simmons

TBOGT: Gay Tony (thus the game itself turns into a more strategic game where the club management is the key. All you need to do during the shootouts is to avoid it. Luis would always be an efficient NPC-ally...Gay Tony is the REAL protagonist of TBOGT after all)

V: Gustavo "Gus" Mota, Taliana Martinez, Eddie Toh, Paige Harris, Lamar Davis, Martin Madrazo, Chef
  • Testarossa likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

*horsesh*t*

Stop posting. Keep crying about gta 4 in every single post you make.

OT: Packie. He would fit the GTA mold like a glove, perfect backstory and a dysfunctional family who used to run LC according to him and his brothers.
  • anthony, Roger Cheeto, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

I can only think of two characters I think would make an excellent protagonist: Mike Toreno and Martin Madrazo. It would've been fun to explore in, say a San Andreas Stories how the Loco

Syndicate came to be along with him doing missions as an agent for whatever agency he happens to be working for with his boss as the main antagonist. It'd be a story where Mike would learn

that when there's will, there's many ways in the underworld of San Andreas.

• mzt likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:33 AM Edited by Osho, 10 February 2017 - 11:38 AM.

@ TedBundyPonyTail - You misunderstood me. I was talking about focusing more on the relationship between the two Cousins, and not sidelining Roman.

Let me explain..

Have you seen this movie Rumble in the Bronx? The plot of GTA IV is similar to the movie except that Jackie Chan has neither a stupid past to avenge his dead soldiers, nor searching for any "special someone".
Niko didn't have to do any missions for others but continue working for only one boss ( main protagonist ) - Roman!

But here, all I needed was one good guy. One good guy, I could do well. Not take over the world, but do okay.

Instead of "running around with the wrong kind" Niko should have used his skills to force others out of business and take it over for Roman. It also fits perfectly with the Deal ending where Roman asks Niko to go for the money and deal with Dimitri. The entire game should have been about Niko working to make his cousin's life better ( without the gambling aspect being used as a shortcut for Roman winning a lot of money ), only to make it more riskier with every challenging take over.
In short ( similar to the movie ) : "A young man ( like Niko ) visiting and helping his uncle ( like Roman ) in New York City finds himself forced to fight a street gang and the mob with his martial art skills"

The effect of the combination of two immigrants - smart, optimist and funny Roman with the angry, foolish, and pessimist Niko - is what the whole game should have been all about!
Of course, the story needs to be rewritten accordingly with certain changes to the current plot, and hence the topic. This would also mean no EFLC, but the only multiple protagonists - The Cousin's Bellic!

*horsesh*t*

Keep crying about gta 4 in every single post you make.
Wait, are you telling me to keep talking about GTA 4 in every post I make, or .. ? You can't even write a sentence properly, and you order me to stop posting? Nonsense.

What about all the constant bitching and moaning about GTA V? If its fine for GTA V then what makes IV fanboys like you to start attacking when someone has an opinion about GTA IV?

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

I can only think of two characters I think would make an excellent protagonist: Mike Toreno and Martin Madrazo. It would've been fun to explore in, say a San Andreas Stories how the Loco
Syndicate came to be along with him doing missions as an agent for whatever agency he happens to be working for with his boss as the main antagonist. It'd be a story where Mike would learn

I forgot Mike Toreno. I agree, he fits to be a protagonist. Thanks for reminding me :)
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

Biira99
  • Biira99

Queen bee

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

My pick would be Dwayne Forge from GTA IV. He claims that he used to run a drug empire on the city, especially Bohan. I think it would be interesting a game set in late 90s showing how he managed to make (or take) his empire, how he met Playboy X, how he got arrested, their (or Playboy's) relation with Elizabeta, etc.

I like this idea. Maybe after his incarceration we could take over as Playboy X for few final missions, and for the "post credits" gameplay.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

*horsesh*t*

Stop posting. Keep crying about gta 4 in every single post you make.
OT: Packie. He would fit the GTA mold like a glove, perfect backstory and a dysfunctional family who used to run LC according to him and his brothers.
Yeah, plus he's Irish. I'd love an Irish mob themed protagonist.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

I actually have a comment about that in a link to this topic: If there was a "Stories" game for San Andreas... - GTA San Andreas - GTAForums

Fubbick
  • Fubbick

Fraunhofer Diffraction

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Dwayne would indeed make a good protagonist. You don't get to know all that much about him in IV other than that he used to rule a drug empire, and that alone makes him a good candidate.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:34 PM

hqdefault.jpg

He has the most beautiful voice. He'd be perfect!

• Gunnalingus, Letus, GTA-Biker and 1 other like this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

I actually have a comment about that in a link to this topic: If there was a "Stories" game for San Andreas... - GTA San Andreas - GTAForums

Funny thing is, my Mike Toreno/San Andreas Stories idea was too set in 1988-89. 

Oldsport
  • Oldsport

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lance vance, ryder, playboy x or dwayne, ortega of the aztecas or one of the oniel brothers. Maybe even chef

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

A GTA game where you can play as Dwayne before he got arrested would be cool.

• Mister Pink and Bare like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Actually OP, Dwayne Forge would be really interesting. He's a very curious character. I felt sorry for him in IV. 

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:27 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 11 February 2017 - 04:30 PM.

yea.Romans cool and all but I really can't see him looking legit running around gun blazing bad guys. I mean he was getting manhandled by the loan sharks and punked by Vlad over and over. I couldn't see him being a good protagonist. 

Anyway I wanna say Big Bear. I think his story would have been good for a San Andreas stories game. He gets out of rehab and leans what happened to CJ and everyone and goes on about his story. 

Dwaynes another just to see how things were in the earlier days with him and playboy.

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

Patrcik Mcreary would be an interesting protagonist. To see him f*ck college girls, do some blow and then go rob some sh*t. Tensions between him and brothers would make a cool story.

• LincolnClay likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

dont hate me for saying this but manny escuela. i really liked him and im fully aware how much people hated him. but he was in the spanish lords gang and we dont know a lot about them. so we could play as manny when he was in the gang before he started getting annoying. and it would have a bigger role for bohan. many people including me always complained about a lack of missions and things to do in bohan but this would change that. we could also learn why he left the gang and his relationship with elizabeta. anyways i think manny and bohan had a lot more potential and a stories game could help that.

• Biira99 likes this

Biira99
  • Biira99

Queen bee

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

dont hate me for saying this but manny escuela. i really liked him and im fully aware how much people hated him. but he was in the spanish lords gang and we dont know a lot about them. so we could play as manny when he was in the gang before he started getting annoying. and it would have a bigger role for bohan. many people including me always complained about a lack of missions and things to do in bohan but this would change that. we could also learn why he left the gang and his relationship with elizabeta. anyways i think manny and bohan had a lot more potential and a stories game could help that.

I always liked him. I hated Elizabetha after what she did. Their backstories could definitely make a cool story!

Generally, a lot of GTA IV characters were so interesting, that I wouldn't mind learning more about their past.

• confederatestatesgta likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:46 AM

Gotta go with Dwayne Forge. So much potential for a story in the 90s when he and Playboy X were big shots in Liberty City. 

• Letus, Zello and Payne Killer like this

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:54 AM

Big bear would of had have made an interesting protagonist with him just getting out of rehab and everything 

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

This guy.

Not a major character, but still would make an amazing protagonist if Rockstar gets it right. 55 year old ex-Israeli Special Forces contract killer with ties to Russian organized crime. The exemplary protagonist for a crime game.

• Fallcreek likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:46 AM

I've always felt Cesar would've been a far better and more convincing protagonist than CJ. For one thing I couldn't see him dog his friends and family out like CJ does running away when things got tough.

He's also a more believable gang leader too. CJ should've been relegated to a side character that waxes Cesar's lowriders for minimum wage. Would've made San Andreas an infinitely more enjoyable game.

• Niobium and Payne Killer like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users