Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which protagonist has the best special ability?

40 replies to this topic

Poll: M\F/T (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Special Ability?

1. Franklin (Slow-Motion & Better Handling while Driving) [Slow-Motion] (35 votes [34.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.65%

2. Michael (Slow-Motion & Fast Aiming while Shooting) [Bullet-Time] (24 votes [23.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.76%

3. Trevor (No Health Damage + Increased Accuracy & Damage on Enemies) [RAGE] (42 votes [41.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:19 AM Edited by DIze, 30 March 2017 - 03:05 AM.

For me, it's RAGE ability of Trevor.
  • Solid Scorpion and TheHumanIsland like this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:27 AM

Agreed. It just is. Slow shooting is cool, and franklin's sh*t is cool but will get you killed on the small collisions just because his mass is increased so much as well as his acceleration - it's a two edged sword with franklin. While slow shooting is cool, and feels powerful to knock out a bunch of dudes at once, Trevor is real time and visceral feeling without taking damage - Trevor wins the best special, hands down, no argument can really go against it.

Frank can pull off some awesome jumps timing the special being turned off at the lip of a jump, but really, that gets boring fast and is still outweighed by the fact when you're in his special you're automatically in a death cage of a car.

• Payne Killer and The American Army 1775 like this

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

My pick would be Trevor's ability

• lol232, Solid Scorpion, TheHumanIsland and 1 other like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:38 AM

RAGE. Although I hardly use any of them as it feels tacky after a few uses. Trevor's lines when you activate it are cool.
  • Solid Scorpion, The Deadite, TheHumanIsland and 1 other like this

Nenad Grujic
  • Nenad Grujic

Nenad

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:53 AM

Trevor, angry mode. Rage. 

• TheHumanIsland and The American Army 1775 like this

Dead tower
  • Dead tower

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Algeria

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

I like franklins special ability since it helps avoid collisons with the poorly coded NPC vehicles (Trevor is a close second though)

• The American Army 1775 likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Trevor is the winner, it's good to keep him from damage until i enter invincibility cheat during 5 star killing spree, franklins one is really close second, it is kinda useful for getting through traffic faster and speeding up big slow vehicles!

• TheHumanIsland and The American Army 1775 like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

If Michael could dive and dodge bullets like Max Payne, I'd choose him easily. I think Franklin's is the best since GTA is mainly a driving game after all.
  • Solid Scorpion and The American Army 1775 like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Femme Fatale

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

Trevor's.

PoisonedMind
  • PoisonedMind

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

When is started playing gta v, i liked franklin's abilty, testing the limits of the cars without ability, and only when it was about to go wrong, i would activate the ability. 

however in combat trevor's RAGE ability is king. 

Fuilares
  • Fuilares

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

For me best ability got Michael. I like headshooting police while Slow-mo :)

• xXxKAMIKAZExXx and Cambridge like this

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Franklin's ability by far.
It's fun and very useful.
I never use Trevor's or Mike's ability.
Seriously.
What for?
Sure there are a couple of situation you can use 'em but doing a shooting from cover and with this massive weapon arsenal I don't need and don't use their abilities.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:45 PM Edited by Edward Nashton, 21 February 2017 - 02:51 PM.

Franklin's hands down. This game is like 50% driving, so of course his ability will be the one you'll use most often and the one that is the most beneficial out of the three.

It's ingrained into my mind so much so that when I'm driving in another open-world game, I instinctively press down on both analog sticks when feel I'm about to crash or I want to make a quick sharp turn.

• theGTAking101 likes this

verkon
  • verkon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm a bit torn between both Franklin and Michael. I like Franklin because it does make driving a breeze, and driving is a big part of the game, but I really enjoy Michaels ability, but that might have to do with me having a raging hard-on for the max payne games.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

Franklin's definitely, rage is for pussies.
  • YetAnotherGTAFan likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:45 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 25 February 2017 - 03:49 AM.

Rage is just fun. And it's the ability that is least exploitable. It lasts the least time and takes more to fill up/harder to fill up, even when maxed.

I could argue to you that Franklin's ability is for pussies who can't drive. I don't need it with mike or trevor, don't need it with franks either. I am sensing some bias here, too, but won't say what kind.

Franklin's ability is awesome, especially for stunting. But that gets boring. So does rampaging with trevor or mike, with rage or deadeye, it's all able to be argued that way.

But let's be honest - a "glimpse of all powerful invulnerability" trumps "becoming heavy as f*ck crashing and dying super easily" and "getting killed in slow mo" any day.

Franks ability feels awesome and is cool and all that, but it is not better than Rage, Rage trumps them both, easily. Slowmo is cool for driving and shooting, but FAST ACTION and no worries about cover or anything while activated, in my opinion, kills slow and easy mode shooting and driving all day.

Easily you can say slowmo driving and shooting is for pussies, as you put it for rage, because you are slowing down the game, and in the case of franklin, you are making driving way easier (though more dangerous as well, still way easier. Mike and Franklins abilities are the very definition of pussy gameplay - slowmo, making slow-headed people be able to survive... Trevors ability slows nothing, and the only way to make it last is to keep getting headshots - in real time, not slowmo. Even then it's still harder to do that than to slowdown how fast mike and franks stuff runs out.

"Rage is for pussies" - yeah, okay, guy who can't drive in real time :p See how that can be turned around? It's subjective, no offense intended =)

• lol232, Solid Scorpion and Payne Killer like this

binkansan
  • binkansan

Best Pilot SA

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

I'm actually a pretty bad driver in GTA games, and Franklin's ability actually helped me understand the (physics?) of the new driving engine GTAV offered. Trevor's ability is my second favourite by far, although his and Michael's I barely use them. They feel too 'cheesy' after a few uses.

Haoshin
  • Haoshin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

I go with Franklin here.. 
Trevor's rage is pretty op, but considering how many times i've used it I just find Franklin more useful 

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:17 AM

Trevor all the way.  Beast mode.

• Solid Scorpion, TheHumanIsland and The American Army 1775 like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

I want to say Franklin's but you can just open the radio wheel for the same effect.

I've never been in a situation where I've depended on Michael's, so I forget it exists.

Has to be Trevor's. Surviving mountain lion attacks ftw.

• TheHumanIsland likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:31 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 11 March 2017 - 03:36 AM.

Frank and Mike's abilities are for people who can't play at full speed.

Trevor's abilitiy is for people to take a short break from strategy/tactics and instead just rage/destroy the enemies - rage is the best one, no doubt, anyone who likes the other skills more I guess is bad at driving and shooting in real time and need the skills? We can ALL drive as trevor and mike. We can ALL shoot as frank and trevor. 

But what can be done that NO OTHER CHARACTER CAN? Trevor's ability.

Trevor is an asshole (game's words, not mine, but I do agree!), but his ability is way better than the other two, because his is powerful - the others are just useful for the powerless!

I want to say Franklin's but you can just open the radio wheel for the same effect.

No. lol. I tried this, too. It is useful, look behind the radio wheel, tune it out, and enjoy slow mo - it might even be better in some ways! But franklins ability is not just slowmo - it makes him faster acceleration, faster/tighter turn radius, more (like extended jump lengths if disabled at the cusp/lip of a jump) - it is not the same - you will die as franklin easier, too (with ability enabled - I find myself disabling it when I get worried the collision might kill him, to keep him alive during long missions), if you make a mistake. It is not the same. But you're right - survive-ability in tight situations is so much more important, especially for fun.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:46 AM

Exactly. I did that too. But radio wheel doesn't make the vehicle handle better. Using Frank's Sp. Ability, one can have better handlings as well ase the breaks are more powerful. And the vehicle in which Frank's driving becomes at least 15% faster than that of crowd.
  • TheHumanIsland likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:48 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 19 March 2017 - 06:53 AM.

Exactly. Franks ability is automatically "I can't drive good at full speed!" and "I need assists just to drive" - corny when it comes to picking a favorite, must be a noob corny guy who can't avoid a crash without a special. If we want to unlock the game, we gotta play without that handicap.

And Michael's is the same thing, though no one has really talked about that yet, but really, michaels quote-unquote "special" ability is just for noobs, too. Can't just aim and tap shoot with upward stick press? Again, mike's sh*t is for people who are SLOW.

Trevor's abilty is NOT needed, I admit - but they AT LEAST DID make it NEEDED for rampages. No one can do Trevor's rampage missions without rage ability, even though not all of them are required for 100%, still, NONE of them can be done without triggering the ni**ering of his ability. Honestly, we probably could STILL finish those missions without it, but it would be hard. But that is the main point: Trevor's ability is the ONLY "NEEDED" ability in the game - he is the ONLY ONE who NEEDS it.

The people who like frank or mike's special are slow people - period.

It is f*cking SAD how many of these losers chose frank's ability, because the brakes are so easy in GTA V, simple easy arcade cars - easier than real life. What would they say for Niko? LOL! Yes, we would need that for Niko, but here? It's pathetic and corny how many of them liked frank's bullsh*t unnecessary nonsense.

And I dislike trevor, I prefer franklin, and I kinda like michael - it's not favorites, because I like frank the best, and mike next. And trevor is a total piece of sh*t, but his special is the ONLY ONE that makes sense to a skilled player.

• Payne Killer and The American Army 1775 like this

george3002
  • george3002

Player Hater

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

For me best ability got Michael. I like headshooting police while Slow-mo  :)

Me too but not police (unless in mission you have to kill them because you get achievments at the end for headshot)

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:26 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 19 March 2017 - 10:26 PM.

rampages are finished all without trevors special, just moving around all the time and looking around at the same time actively does the trick, plus get full health and armor, little over half armor lost during every rampage (in military one you have to take cover behind stone wall from tanks and move out for few seconds to kill their asses)

Niobium
  • Niobium

han solo died

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:40 PM

trevor definitely has the most overpowered special ability out of the three.

that bitch doesn't deserve it

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Trevor . His ability is the most useful because of how overpowered the police are; activating it allows you to escape situations in which you are surrounded by hordes of police.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

My life sucks

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

For me, it's Franklin's one. I hardly even activate Michael's and Trevor's anyway, and that ability is useful to steer your car when you're a pathetic driver just like me.

DrFallen25
  • DrFallen25

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:25 AM

Mostly just for the character but definitely trevors ability.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

For me, it's Franklin's one. I hardly even activate Michael's and Trevor's anyway, and that ability is useful to steer your car when you're a pathetic driver just like me.

Mee too. I even forget about Mike's & Trev's Special Abilities.
After Trevor's, I would definitely go with Franklin's. His ability made driving physics more better in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users