» «
Photo

Who's the tutorial guy?

5 replies to this topic
SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:56 PM Edited by SonicTheSexhog, 05 February 2017 - 10:35 PM.

Is it ever explained who this guy is?

5naYqD.jpg

I noticed that in the 3rd level there's a part where you go to and a message appears with his face, saying something like "Good, you have found my house, come in!". How do you come in?

EDIT: Now I think that line was just a prank by some guys who made a patch for the game.

:p I'm a noob, and I haven't completed all the missions.

Sorry if this was discussed before, I looked it up but couldn't find anything about this guy.

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

He's the un-named friend of Claude Speed who only serves as the guy who explains in the Tutorial what the game's all about and who the three gangs are.

When you first start the Residential and Industrial districts, he also tells you who the three gangs that time are. He also lets you know when you have enough

cash to leave the district or city.

His face is also the default face for anyone in the game who isn't either the mission bosses or people associated with the gang you work for/against.

For example, that face shows up whenever you drive through the shop that re-sprays your vehicle or rigs it with machine guns, bombs, oil and land mines.

I hope this helps. Funny thing is, in my whole history of playing GTA 2, I've never found that message. All I can say is kudos on your discovery.

• SonicTheSexhog likes this

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Is it ever explained who this guy is?

5naYqD.jpg

I noticed that in the 3rd level there's a part where you go to and a message appears with his face, saying something like "Good, you have found my house, come in!". How do you come in? :p I'm a noob, and I haven't completed all the missions.

Sorry if this was discussed before, I looked it up but couldn't find anything about this guy.

I wonder where this house is

• Jeansowaty and DimitriFaustin like this

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

About that message, I have now checked the e.gxt and it seems that it has been edited, not by me 0_o

The message is replacing the first Russian Mafia message, now that I noticed, so it's probably not official. I'm not sure now but I think I'm using this fan-edited version http://gtamp.com/for...wtopic.php?t=73

And they must have changed the message as an easter egg.

IBooyho.png

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, they just edited the messages on the info phones..

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:38 AM Edited by Sektor, 06 February 2017 - 04:24 AM.

My mistake, it wasn't meant as any easter egg/prank on official map.  I just included the e.gxt from Bernaar's Race long ago since that map crashes unless it has custom GXT and I didn't realise he changed that part.  I don't know why he changed that text since his map doesn't use it.  I'll just fix his map so it works with any gxt.

I added the official e.gxt to the 11.44 patch now.

• Tomasak, LevelDockSix and SonicTheSexhog like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users