RDR "Down Under"

1 reply to this topic
Cobhthaigh
  • Cobhthaigh

Jive Turkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

What do all of you think about a RDR style game but with an Australian twist? Personally I've often entertained the idea of a RDR title with an Australian Outback setting. Mid-to-late 1800's timeline. Bushrangers, but without going full-on Ned Kelly. Small communities with people trying to carve out an existence in the rugged countryside. An overburdened police force, tasked with trying to keep order and lawfulness across a vast expanse of land, and some of the officers becoming corrupt. Hostile wildlife. Given the parallels of the Aussie outback at the time and the American old west, I think it could work, and still have a RDR feel or quality to it.

• vnus_dmlo and K1FFLOM like this

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Thug

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:04 AM

I thought something similar. A Red Dead game set either during the central Australian gold rush of the 1870s or the South African Boer wars and diamond rush of the 1890s. Both very 'Old West' feeling places and timeframes. But points in history not oft discussed.
Particularly the latter. The time of exploring the African wilderness, discovering new and strange beasts. English and Dutch settlers fighting each other bitterly for the rights of gold and diamond mines and which group had rights to the territory, not to mention native Zulus trying to retain their ancestral homeland.
  • vnus_dmlo, Cobhthaigh and K1FFLOM like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users